RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

[email protected] March 10th 07 03:09 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

On Mar 9, 7:45 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"Dee Flint" wrote:
So it would seem that he asked for the impossible. No wonder they would
not schedule an exam for him.

As is usually the case, Mark's stories are veiled in 1/2 truths designed to
attempt to paint himself as the "victim" of some massive conspiracy at the
hands of code-tested amateur radio operators. The lengths to which he'll go
to concoct these stories is truly amazing sometimes, and perhaps what is
even more amazing is other participants in this forum (Brian and Lennie)
actually stick up for him, simply due to their like-minded hatred of all
things morse code in the ARS.

73
kh6hz

I just have a dislike for for you, Mike. Thanks for asking.

[email protected] March 10th 07 03:17 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 11:28 pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 7, 6:10?pm, John Smith I wrote:

wrote:

? ?...

?

LET THE TURKEYS EAT CROW LENNIE!!! ?BIG wide grin

JS, "crow" is too good for them.

Indeed. Perhaps Seven Hostile Actions Robesin could take a lesson
from the book, "King Rat."

Good grief, everyone is making out like that amateur license
test is a *TEST*.

It can be quite difficult for anyone without a background in
electronics and trig.

It isn't like a whole truckload of college
exams I've taken.

Correct, and it was all meaningless without the code exam... Hi!

It was 120 questions, multiple-choice,
done in three parts...on a Sunday afternoon in an old fire
house now housing part of the Los Angeles Auxilliary
Communications Service, managed by the LAFD. It was
all of a mile and a half from my house, across from a food
market (Ralphs - no apostrophe) where I've shopped for
43 years. Too bad it wasn't snowing or I would have
taken off my shoes like them olde-tymers did. It is
slightly downhill (by about 30 feet) to it, but it IS uphill
coming back.

The Old Tymers have stories about those who didn't make it back.
"Bridge Over The River Kwai" kind of stuff....

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't all these sunsabishes
waiting in the bushes to say I'm a "newbie, tyro, beginner,
etc., etc. in radio." Jay-suss. They can't get a grip, can
they?

There's one who has nothing to grip, constantly envying all others
with accusations of "Putz."

Nah...business will return shortly to the usual in here...
like in a few minutes...

73, Len

Tick, tick, tick, ah, I meant dit, dit, dit...

Mork March 10th 07 03:53 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 9, 7:32 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 8, 10:08?am, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:01:35 -0500, "Lardass Davies"
wrote:

You would have passed that exam if the VE didn't hate bisexual

pagens
morkietard.

no I might have passed it if I had not been tried frommaking the trip
in this season which I had to do becuase the locals VE were too
procode to schedlue a session here dispite having more poeple asking
than have attened all ve's session combined in the last 2 years

Several points, Morkie...

First of all, FCC Rules and Regulations require that a VE team
consist of three unrelated (to the applicant) members. According to
QRZ, I find less than 2 dozen licensed Amateurs within 20 miles of
you. You're shacked up with one of them, but in any case he's only a
Technician and ineligible to test you anyway.

Secondly, the VE team members must be of at least equal licensure
to the level being TESTED FOR...Not already in-hand. That means that
only SEVEN of those number were even ELIGIBLE to be VE's to test you
to the level of General, and only ONE of those persons holds an Extra,
so no matter what, you'd have to drive somewhere to get above General.

Now we get to the root of the matter. Unless the rules have changed, a

VE
(with the exception of Extras) must have a license class higher than the
exams they administer. Thus the General class licensee can only

administer
Tech class exams. To get above Tech, he would most likely have to drive
somewhere else.

The Advanced and Extras can administer Tech & General Exams. The Extras

can
administer Tech, General, and Extra exams. If your data is correct on

the
number of licensees in the area, they could NOT have tested him for

General
unless there were also some Advanced class licensees around who were

VEs.
So it would seem that he asked for the impossible. No wonder they would

not
schedule an exam for him.

Dee, N8UZE-

Dee, why do you even validate Robesin's remarks with a legitimate
reply?

Dee was not validating Robesin's remarks. She was validating those of KH6HZ.
Read her post again. She was making a learned statement of fact. That KH6HZ
did a little research and pointed out some of the issues with the numbers
and classifications of Hams in Mark's immediate area could have been
researched by anybody, even you. Steve merely voiced the findings and added
to them.
In fact, Dee rightfully defended the VE's that Mark wrongfully accused of
being "pro code", and who, according to Mark, refused him a test session.
Dee has a great amount of credibility. Mark has none. Dee has never misled
or printed falsehoods in these groups. Mark has.

KH6HZ March 10th 07 04:11 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

"Mork" Dork@anon wrote:

Dee was not validating Robesin's remarks. She was validating those of
KH6HZ.

I believe you have the attributions incorrect. Steve is the one who did the
research and posted the information on the number of licensed hams in the
area, not I.

73
KH6HZ

[email protected] March 10th 07 04:12 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

On Mar 9, 9:53 pm, "Mork" Dork@anon wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Mar 9, 7:32 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message

roups.com...

wrote:

[...]

She replied to Robesin.

She was validating those of KH6HZ.

She replied to Robesin. She if free to reply to Deigan if it were
Deignan she wishe dto reply to.

Read her post again.

Yep.

She was making a learned statement of fact. That KH6HZ
did a little research and pointed out some of the issues with the numbers
and classifications of Hams in Mark's immediate area could have been
researched by anybody, even you.

Why would I? Is there another mailing going out to Mark's ham
neighbors?

Steve merely voiced the findings and added
to them.

Robesin adds nothing to the discussion except sexual inuendo and
accusations that Mark's wife is a man.

In fact, Dee rightfully defended the VE's

So less than two dozen ( 24) amateurs aren't enough to make up a VE
team? That IS news to me.

that Mark wrongfully accused of
being "pro code", and who, according to Mark, refused him a test session.

So who was this VE? What did he/she tell you about the discussion he
had with Mark?

Dee has a great amount of credibility.

Dee is a cheerleader for Morse Code and the ARRL. That's known as
"bias."

Mark has none. Dee has never misled
or printed falsehoods in these groups. Mark has.

So has Robesin and Deignan. How many amateurs are in their
"Hoods?" (Good luck on getting a valid address for Deignan.)

Mandy March 10th 07 04:20 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
"Mork" Dork@anon wrote:

Dee was not validating Robesin's remarks. She was validating those of
KH6HZ.

I believe you have the attributions incorrect. Steve is the one who did

the
research and posted the information on the number of licensed hams in the
area, not I.

73
KH6HZ

My apologies. I should have paid closer attention. Still, this hardly alters
the facts as Dee presented them. Mark is NOT the victim as he so often
presents himself to be. If there be any victims, it is the falsely accused
VE's that Mark alluded to.

Mandy March 10th 07 04:31 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

ups.com...
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Mar 9, 7:32 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message

roups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Oh. So that makes her, what? An accomplice? For being factual?

She was validating those of KH6HZ.

She replied to Robesin. She if free to reply to Deigan if it were
Deignan she wishe dto reply to.

As is her right. Now, if she were to crap on each and every post with inane
comments...well, we BOTH know who does that.

She was making a learned statement of fact. That KH6HZ
did a little research and pointed out some of the issues with the

numbers
and classifications of Hams in Mark's immediate area could have been
researched by anybody, even you.

Why would I? Is there another mailing going out to Mark's ham
neighbors?

Steve merely voiced the findings and added
to them.

Robesin adds nothing to the discussion except sexual inuendo and
accusations that Mark's wife is a man.

But..but...it is OK for Mark to outright state that Steve's wife should have
aborted their daughter?
And prove to us that Mark's alleged wife is of one gender or another. We
have no proof that she is even his wife.

In fact, Dee rightfully defended the VE's

So less than two dozen ( 24) amateurs aren't enough to make up a VE
team? That IS news to me.

How many of them are accredited VE examiners? Can you show me that?

that Mark wrongfully accused of
being "pro code", and who, according to Mark, refused him a test

session.

So who was this VE? What did he/she tell you about the discussion he
had with Mark?

I'd like to know that myself. We have only Mark's "word", and Mark has been
known to twist the facts to suit his eternal victim status.

Dee has a great amount of credibility.

Dee is a cheerleader for Morse Code and the ARRL. That's known as
"bias."

Dee is well educated. That apparently rankles you and Mark.

Mark has none. Dee has never misled
or printed falsehoods in these groups. Mark has.

So has Robesin and Deignan. How many amateurs are in their
"Hoods?" (Good luck on getting a valid address for Deignan.)

Why would I want same? Better yet, why would YOU want same?

KH6HZ March 10th 07 04:58 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

"Mandy" anon@anon wrote:

My apologies. I should have paid closer attention. Still, this hardly
alters
the facts as Dee presented them. Mark is NOT the victim as he so often
presents himself to be. If there be any victims, it is the falsely accused
VE's that Mark alluded to.

No biggie.

You are correct, however. As is usually the case, Mark likes to fill his
posts with 1/2 truths in a lame attempt to blame morse code somehow for his
continuing woes as a victim of life.

73
kh6hz

Dee Flint March 10th 07 06:04 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 9, 7:32 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message

oups.com...

wrote:

[...]

He made an error that needed correcting (i.e. what tests Generals could
give). Otherwise some readers might have ended up acting on this incorrect
information and been disappointed.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee Flint March 10th 07 06:15 AM

Morkie and VE Testing

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 9, 9:53 pm, "Mork" Dork@anon wrote:

[snip]

So less than two dozen ( 24) amateurs aren't enough to make up a VE
team? That IS news to me.

If the numbers presented earlier were correct, it would not matter if they
were all VEs. They could not have tested Mark since only one of them held a
license class higher than General. To conduct a General license exam, they
must hold either an Advanced or Extra license.

Dee is a cheerleader for Morse Code and the ARRL. That's known as
"bias."

My support of Morse code has no bearing on the number of VEs in Mark's area
who are eligible to administer the General exam.

Dee, N8UZE