Old September 2nd 04, 05:19 AM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

"Jimmie"?

If you ever have a future in amateur radio, it will be a short one.
You've talked and talked and talked the talk. You've not yet begun to
walk the walk.

Dave K8MN

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

I have no idea. Why not ask him?

But Dave, we've got you running around here commenting on people's
roles in amateur radio. And we've got Quitefine trying so hard to
establish herself as having a role in amateur radio.

You don't have me doing anything.

I may not "have" you doing it, but you're doing it none-the-less.
Feel better?

As long as you realize that your "we have you running around" statement
is in error.

I'm not running at all. I'm sitting
in a comfy chair. As to commenting on peoples' roles in amateur radio,
they first have to be radio amateurs in order to have a role.

Tell me about Quitefine. Is she an amateur?

I haven't the slightest idea. I'm not Quitefine. You need to address
your question to Quitefine.

(Please refer to Jimmy Who's Point Paper that was faxed out late
Sunday)

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It certainly does.

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

I'm not Quitesure.

Are you Quitesure?

Yes.

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no.

Actually, yes you do.

You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

What are you, Susan Sarandon? Barbra Streisand?
I'm not buying your "enabling" scenario. I'm responsible for my
actions.
You are responsible for your actions.

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you.

That was a poor decision on your part. You keep making the same mistake
of seeking information from the wrong source.

I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

You won't get an answer because I'm not the person posting as
"Quitefine".
French authorities are responsible for what French radio amateurs do.
That's been pointed out to you any number of times. It doesn't say much
for your intelligence that you've been unable to grasp this basic
concept.

"Sorry Hans, Working French Hams Out-Of-Band IS JUST LIKE
Working French Hams In-Band!"

Hans? He isn't involved. He's already advised you that he thinks
you're all wet on this one too, "Bill".

Dave K8MN
Old September 2nd 04, 06:24 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
William wrote:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(Brian) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message

"Jimmie"?

If you ever have a future in amateur radio, it will be a short one.
You've talked and talked and talked the talk. You've not yet begun

walk the walk.

Dave K8MN

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

Robust oberst not know, passes da buck.

No committment in messaging... :-)

Or, he too busy walking and talking, not listening...

Walking and chewing gum at same time without tripping or biting his

tongue.

All kidding aside, "William", it is nearly 41 years that I've been
licensed as a radio amateur. I've made no empty brags about getting an
"Extra right out of the box". I just did it.

Wow!

You got an Extra right out of the box?

That should be easily verifiable. No other intervening licenses?

Wow! That IS impressive! Imagine...a whole 41 years as an
AMATEUR!

Gosh and golly, I've been a licensed professional in radio for a
mere 48 years and kept on working in that since. I just did it.

:-)

"No matter what job, educational level, employer, or
government/military service that anyone has, if said anyone
opposes Heil's views, he/she will be the target of Heil's insults,
ridicule, name-calling, factual errors, ethnic slurs, total lack of
emoticons and social-interaction graces, acting in an arrogant,
elitist manner...for years" :-)

LHA / WMD
Old September 2nd 04, 06:24 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

"Jimmie"?

If you ever have a future in amateur radio, it will be a short one.
You've talked and talked and talked the talk. You've not yet begun

walk the walk.

Dave K8MN

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

I have no idea. Why not ask him?

Dave K8MN

But Dave, we've got you running around here commenting on people's
roles in amateur radio. And we've got Quitefine trying so hard to
establish herself as having a role in amateur radio.

You don't have me doing anything.

I may not "have" you doing it, but you're doing it none-the-less.
Feel better?

Poor baby got hooked and tries to talk his way out of being caught!

I'm not running at all. I'm sitting
in a comfy chair. As to commenting on peoples' roles in amateur radio,
they first have to be radio amateurs in order to have a role.

Tell me about Quitefine. Is she an amateur?

(Please refer to Jimmy Who's Point Paper that was faxed out late
Sunday)

Geez...I missed that FAX!

Like the vast majority of citizens, I'm "not involved" with anything
in amateur radio! (according to the not-so-robust oberst).

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It must! Oberst Heil permits it!

"Quitefine" IS INVOLVED with ham radio! So is "BVD!"

Both are "identifiable" by Oberst Heil since their "papers" are in order!

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

I'm not Quitesure.

Are you Quitesure?

Poor guy is Quiteconfused by now.

Too many identities!

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no. You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

He is a Latter-Day Colonel Klink but still does a bad imitation of
Otto Preminger...

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you. I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

"Sorry Hans, Working French Hams Out-Of-Band IS JUST LIKE
Working French Hams In-Band!"

Hi, hi!

Old September 2nd 04, 06:50 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

[...]

Why do you talk about that non-entity so much?

She isn't involved in amateur radio...no verifiable amateur license.

One has to be INVOLVED BY LICENSING according to your
magnificent rules.

(Please refer to Jimmy Who's Point Paper that was faxed out late
Sunday)

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson

posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It certainly does.

See? There you are talking about a non-entity NOT INVOLVED.

Tsk.

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

I'm not Quitesure.

Are you Quitesure?

Yes.

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no.

Actually, yes you do.

You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

What are you, Susan Sarandon? Barbra Streisand?
I'm not buying your "enabling" scenario. I'm responsible for my
actions.
You are responsible for your actions.

But everyone in amateur radio MUST BE INVOLVED under your
rules.

You don't run amateur radio.

You are not an authority.

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you.

That was a poor decision on your part. You keep making the same mistake
of seeking information from the wrong source.

You have RULES and seek to rule over others that you don't like.

That must mean you like this Quitefine. (does your wife know this?)

Prove Quitefine's INVOLVEMENT through licensing in amateur radio.

I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

You won't get an answer because I'm not the person posting as
"Quitefine".

Everyone KNEW that. :-)

Quitefine doesn't have an SS uniform and doesn't imitate Otto
Preminger.

French authorities are responsible for what French radio amateurs do.
That's been pointed out to you any number of times. It doesn't say much
for your intelligence that you've been unable to grasp this basic
concept.

Tsk, tsk.

Heil has NOT been grasping that I'm NOT grasping after any amateur
license. I've had a commercial/professional license for 48 years.

I'm just advocating the elimination of the useless morse code test
for any radio operator licensing.

You can't...or won't...grasp that simple fact.

You blither on in an arrogant, accusatory tone about "not being
involved in radio due to not having an amateur radio license."

That's bull****, Heil, an artificiality you manufactured to try to win
message points in here.

I've enabled my professional career. I just went ahead and did it.
And retired from regular hours.

Old September 5th 04, 08:59 PM
N2EY

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Technician - 205,394
Technician Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750

Total Tech/TechPlus - 334,254

Total all classes - 674,792

As of September 4, 2004:

Novice - 30,510 (decrease of 18,819)
Technician - 263,752 (increase of 58,358)
Technician Plus - 57,119 (decrease of 71,741)
General - 139,064 (increase of 26,387)
Advanced - 78,968 (decrease of 20,814)
Extra - 105,739 (increase of 26,989)

Total Tech/TechPlus - 320,871 (decrease of 13,383)

Total all classes - 675,152 (increase of 360)

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 8th 04, 05:44 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
William wrote:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message

*****
All kidding aside, "William", it is nearly 41 years that I've been
licensed as a radio amateur. I've made no empty brags about getting an
"Extra right out of the box". I just did it.

*****

Wow!

You got an Extra right out of the box?

That should be easily verifiable. No other intervening licenses?

Wow! That IS impressive! Imagine...a whole 41 years as an
AMATEUR!

Dave "just did it" WRT getting "Extra right out of the box."

Sounds to me like he just said he's been an Extra for almost 41 years,
but then he posts this on the QRZ website:

"First licensed: WN8LET 1963, Oak Hill, WV."

But you won't see Steve in here yelling "Liar, liar pants on fiar!" or
making homosexual and/or pedophile inuendo. Maybe he's already talked
to Dave's wife?

"Quitefine" (J. P. Miccolis) must have lectured everyone on the
subject. As long as all agree that PCTA extras "know what is best
for all," they are happy and content.

Let anyone disagree with PCTA extras, even the slightest, and there
is a cacaphony of phony screen names with unusual spacing. :-)

Dave approves of Steve's behavior. Miccolis approves of Steve's
behavior...despite a once-in-a-while slap on the wrist with a wet
hankie. Steve approves of Steve's behavior...which isn't saying
much because all his personalities live in a different elsewhere
and they are all more-or-less sociopathic. shrug

"Quitefine" (James P. Miccolis) approves of der uber-oberst Heil
because he is another PCTA extra. Snarling is allowed. Nasty-
grams are allowed. All is allowed. As long as they agree that
morse code testing must stay. Forever.

Independent thought is allowed in here, even cherished, as long
as the independency doesn't deviate from established norms of
olde-tyme hamme raddio. Their theme music might just as well
be "We all live in a brown sub-marine..." :-)

Old September 9th 04, 01:05 AM
William

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

"Jimmie"?

If you ever have a future in amateur radio, it will be a short one.
You've talked and talked and talked the talk. You've not yet begun to
walk the walk.

Dave K8MN

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

I have no idea. Why not ask him?

But Dave, we've got you running around here commenting on people's
roles in amateur radio. And we've got Quitefine trying so hard to
establish herself as having a role in amateur radio.

You don't have me doing anything.

I may not "have" you doing it, but you're doing it none-the-less.
Feel better?

As long as you realize that your "we have you running around" statement
is in error.

As long as you realize that you're running around commenting on
people's roles in amateur radio.

I'm not running at all. I'm sitting
in a comfy chair. As to commenting on peoples' roles in amateur radio,
they first have to be radio amateurs in order to have a role.

Tell me about Quitefine. Is she an amateur?

I haven't the slightest idea.

No? You appear to have ideas about quite a number of things, yet you
draw a blank on this one. I just don't believe that.

I'm not Quitefine.

Are you Quitesure?

You need to address your question to Quitefine.

Clue: I get to decide what I need to do.

(Please refer to Jimmy Who's Point Paper that was faxed out late
Sunday)

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It certainly does.

Yet you choose to make daily statements to Len that it goes on without
him, but are (almost) silent when it comes to Quitefine. Perhaps
Quitefine has made contributions to Ham Radio magazine. Perhaps you
have, too.

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

I'm not Quitesure.

Are you Quitesure?

Yes.

Great! Another alias. At least you admit to it.

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no.

Actually, yes you do.

Why are you the wrong person?

You seem to have so many opinions about so many things, but draw a
blank on this one. Hi, hi.

You even hold the opinion, stated above, that amateur radio, morse
code, and chasing dx go on without Quitefine.

Yet you haven't the "slightest idea" whether Quitefine is an amateur
or not.

You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

What are you, Susan Sarandon? Barbra Streisand?

No. I am bb.

I'm not buying your "enabling" scenario. I'm responsible for my
actions.

You certainly are. You are responsible for your own "Good Amateur
Practice."

You are responsible for your actions.

I certainly am. I have always been responsible for my actions.

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you.

That was a poor decision on your part. You keep making the same mistake
of seeking information from the wrong source.

I've made mistakes before, probably will again. How about you?

I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

You won't get an answer because I'm not the person posting as
"Quitefine".

I never thought that you were the person posting as Quitefine.

French authorities are responsible for what French radio amateurs do.

French -radio amateurs- are responsible for what they do, not the
French communications authorities. And you are responsible for what
you do.

You can choose to use "Good Amateur Practice" or not. Although Riley
says that "Good Amateur Practice" is enforceable, you were lucky that
you were operating under a Tanzanian permit and not subject to U.S.
enforcement.

That's been pointed out to you any number of times.

Many things have been pointed out to me any number of times. They are
often wrong.

It doesn't say much
for your intelligence that you've been unable to grasp this basic
concept.

To think that French communication authorities are responsible for out
of band French amateurs and you carrying on on six meters is absurd.

Did they send you a nice QSL card?

"Sorry Hans, Working French Hams Out-Of-Band IS JUST LIKE
Working French Hams In-Band!"

Hans? He isn't involved. He's already advised you that he thinks
you're all wet on this one too, "Bill".

Dave K8MN

Not a problem. As I pointed out above, many things have been pointed
out to me any number of times. They are often wrong.

So, do you also have an opinion of Blackguard Vox Deus?
Old September 9th 04, 06:08 AM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

I have no idea. Why not ask him?

But Dave, we've got you running around here commenting on people's
roles in amateur radio. And we've got Quitefine trying so hard to
establish herself as having a role in amateur radio.

You don't have me doing anything.

I may not "have" you doing it, but you're doing it none-the-less.
Feel better?

As long as you realize that your "we have you running around" statement
is in error.

As long as you realize that you're running around commenting on
people's roles in amateur radio.

That's not correct. As I've already mentioned below, I'm not running
around.

I'm not running at all. I'm sitting
in a comfy chair. As to commenting on peoples' roles in amateur radio,
they first have to be radio amateurs in order to have a role.

Tell me about Quitefine. Is she an amateur?

I haven't the slightest idea.

No? You appear to have ideas about quite a number of things, yet you
draw a blank on this one. I just don't believe that.

You don't believe that I have no idea about the background of someone
who has not been identified? You sound awfully silly, "William".

You need to address your question to Quitefine.

Clue: I get to decide what I need to do.

Okay, decide. If you persist in asking me about "Quitefine", you'll
only look sillier.

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It certainly does.

Yet you choose to make daily statements to Len that it goes on without
him, but are (almost) silent when it comes to Quitefine. Perhaps
Quitefine has made contributions to Ham Radio magazine. Perhaps you
have, too.

Almost silent? I don't ever hear anything when I'm reading posts to
these newsgroups. Do you hear voices?

I don't know anything about "Quitefine". Perhaps he/she has made
contributions to the defunt "Ham Radio" magazine. I've not done so. I
wrote for "Ham Radio Horizons" and "CQ" and did cartoons for
"Radiosporting".

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no.

Actually, yes you do.

Why are you the wrong person?

That would seem evident to all but you. I'm not "Quitefine" and I have
no knowledge of "Quitefine". Why do you find that so difficult to
accept?

You seem to have so many opinions about so many things, but draw a
blank on this one. Hi, hi.

I'm not "Quitefine" and I have no knowledge of "Quitefine". Why do you
find that so difficult to accept?

You even hold the opinion, stated above, that amateur radio, morse
code, and chasing dx go on without Quitefine.

That should be obvious, even to you.

Yet you haven't the "slightest idea" whether Quitefine is an amateur
or not.

What does it matter for the purposes of my statement?

You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

What are you, Susan Sarandon? Barbra Streisand?

No. I am bb.

Oh! I apologize "Beebee", I was under the impression that you were
"William".

I'm not buying your "enabling" scenario. I'm responsible for my
actions.

You certainly are. You are responsible for your own "Good Amateur
Practice."

That's correct.

You are responsible for your actions.

I certainly am. I have always been responsible for my actions.

Yes, you have.

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you.

That was a poor decision on your part. You keep making the same mistake
of seeking information from the wrong source.

I've made mistakes before, probably will again. How about you?

I'm not known for making the same one over and over and over again.

I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

You won't get an answer because I'm not the person posting as
"Quitefine".

I never thought that you were the person posting as Quitefine.

Then why would you continue to ask me for information when I've advised
that I know nothing of the person posting as "Quitefine"?

French authorities are responsible for what French radio amateurs do.

French -radio amateurs- are responsible for what they do, not the
French communications authorities.

Yes, you're right. The French authorities are charged with taking
action against those French ops who violate French regs.

And you are responsible for what
you do.

I've already stated as much. I'm not French and I broke no French,
Tanzanian or American amateur radio regs.

You can choose to use "Good Amateur Practice" or not. Although Riley
says that "Good Amateur Practice" is enforceable, you were lucky that
you were operating under a Tanzanian permit and not subject to U.S.
enforcement.

You're back to being silly again, "T5/William". I broke no Tanzanian
regs and I broke no U.S. regs. Some French ops apparently broke French
amateur radio regulations. Their government is responsible for any
action to be taken against them. Have you contacted the French
authorities yet to protest the outrageous behavior of French scofflaw
hams? Maybe you'd like to initiate an "amateur radio war crimes"
complaint so that a tribunal can be formed.

That's been pointed out to you any number of times.

Many things have been pointed out to me any number of times. They are
often wrong.

Your problems often begin because you fail to see the difference.

It doesn't say much
for your intelligence that you've been unable to grasp this basic
concept.

To think that French communication authorities are responsible for out
of band French amateurs and you carrying on on six meters is absurd.

You got part of it right. The part where you understood that the French
had any sway over my operations from Tanzania is absurd. The part where
French radio amateurs are out of their assigned frequency allocations
and that French communications authorities are responsible for taking
any action against them is not absurd at all.

Did they send you a nice QSL card?

Of whom are you writing?

"Sorry Hans, Working French Hams Out-Of-Band IS JUST LIKE
Working French Hams In-Band!"

Hans? He isn't involved. He's already advised you that he thinks
you're all wet on this one too, "Bill".

Not a problem. As I pointed out above, many things have been pointed
out to me any number of times. They are often wrong.

Let me know how this one turns out, Farnsworth.

So, do you also have an opinion of Blackguard Vox Deus?

An opinion? Earlier you asked me if "Quitefine" is a radio amateur and
about his/her role in amateur radio. As with "Quitefine", I'm not sure
of the gender of "Blackguard Vox Deus" or whether he/she is a radio
amateur.
My *opinion* is that "Blackguard" doesn't care much for Len. I can
understand that.

Feel free to carry on with your James Carville impersonation.

Dave K8MN