RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

K4YZ January 18th 05 08:14 PM

Lenof21 wrote:
In article .com,
writes:

Of course it's also possible that Len has gotten so desperate for
attention that he's intentionally posting untrue things (like the
legality of operating with an expired license mistake) just to get a
response.

"Desperately?!?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Excuse me, yer lordship, lost control there... Bwhaha...oops.

You lose control EVERYwhere, Lennie. We expect it.

After all, how does it affect *him* if some ham reads his
words, thinks they're true, and operates illegally?

HAMS rule amateur radio.

FCC doesn't require commissioners or staff to hold amateur radio
licenses in order to regulate U.S. amateur radio.

Which has absolutely NO bearing on YOUR assertion, and failure to
retract same, about the legality of operating after the end of the term
of license.

You have previously claimed to be a "radio professional".

Your posts herein present evidence to the contrary.

Ergo, J.P. logic has it that NO HAM SHOULD OBEY THE FCC
IF THEY DON'T HAVE HAM LICENSES!

A logical person would realize that a perosn is NOT a Ham if they
don't have a license.

Surprising that you didn't catch this, Lennie, since YOU are IN
that category.

Poop Dave the 1st would claim the FCC isn't "motivated."

The Coslonaut (heading for outer space) only wants to talk
about socks. Is he really a sock-tucker?

Hmmmm....Yet ANOTHER example of Lennie initiating diminutives when
not the recipient of same from that person.

Why does Lennie continue to present evidence that supports
everyone ELSES contention that he's a spiteful and deceitful creep?

The Avenging Angle keeps nurturing his murderous hatred.

If anyone, least of all me, was nuturing "murderous hatred"
against you, Lennie, you would have long ago been relegated to "curious
footnote" in the history of this newsgroup. The opportunities and the
technology are just too numerous and available to have not availed
themselves to your overdue demise.

The University Lecturer wants to talk about highways.

And he IS a university lecturer. And YOU were...?!?!

This newsgroup be gettin' FUN-EEEE!

Help, Lennie...seek HELP...And NOT from spouses' who's certificate
are endorsed "K-Tel Skool of Sigh-Kyatry"

Too bad the PCTA extras aren't talking about amateur radio
or the morse code test issue.

We do. This is not the ONLY forum in which we can express
ourselves. Since we HAVE Amateur licenses, we can actually discuss
AMATEUR matters ON-THE-AIR!

You, on the otherhand, and with the exceptions of cellphones,
cordless exensions, and CB radio, cannot.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] January 19th 05 05:14 PM

Lenof21 wrote:
In article .com,
writes:

Of course it's also possible that Len has gotten so desperate for
attention that he's intentionally posting untrue things (like the
legality of operating with an expired license mistake) just to get a
response.

"Desperately?!?"

No, Len. "Desperate".

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Excuse me, yer lordship, lost control there... Bwhaha...oops.

We'll wait while you go freshen up, Len. ;-)

You do appear to be desperate for attention.

After all, how does it affect *him* if some ham reads his
words, thinks they're true, and operates illegally?

HAMS rule amateur radio.

You seem to think so, but you're mistaken. Just as you are mistaken
about the legality of FCC-licensed radio amateurs operating amateur
radio stations while their amateur radio licenses are expired but in
the grace period.

FCC doesn't require commissioners or staff to hold amateur radio
licenses in order to regulate U.S. amateur radio.

That's true. Those people *are* required to have other qualifications,
though, and to be appointed to their positions.

You're neither a radio amateur nor part of the FCC. And you never have
been, Len. You don't have the qualifications to be either.

Ergo, J.P. logic has it that NO HAM SHOULD OBEY THE FCC
IF THEY DON'T HAVE HAM LICENSES!

Nope. Nowhere do I say that. You're simply mistaken, Len.
What I will say is that *you* do not "rule amateur radio", Len.

Len Anderson January 23rd 05 08:04 PM

In article .com,
writes:

Steve Robeson K4YZ wrote:
Subject: ARS License Numbers

Date: 1/6/2005 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
Lenof21 wrote:

WHY? The license holder isn't prohibited from doing anything
after
midnight of the last day of his/her 10-year-active-license
period...and for two more years into that grace period.

That's simply not true, Len. The holder of an expired FCC amateur

radio
license cannot legally operate until the license has been renewed.

This is the second time I've seen you state that mistake here in the
past few days. An expired FCC amateur license carries *no* operating
privleges.

IS there some reason you persist in this obvious error?

I told ya... His Worminess has yet laid his long-tailed ignorance to

bare
in a house full of rocking chairs.

It's just a mistake, Steve. Len Anderson obviously doesn't understand
97.21(b).

Tsk, tsk, tsk. The Nun of the Above simply didn't understand
that his/her/it leg was pulled. [androgynous behavior makes
gender identification difficult]

There are many, many reasons, all valid, for being unable to

renew
prior to the last day of the 10-year period.

Such as?

Death? Coma? Prisoner-of-War (about the ONLY valid reason
I can

think of...) ?

Well, someone could be ill, or busy with work, family, volunteer
activities,
travel, moving, natural disaster, military service, etc.

FCC doesn't care. If a ham lets his/her amateur license expire, they
can't legally operate until it is renewed. Such renewal is valid when
it shows up
in the FCC database - you don't have to wait for the paper license to
show
up.

All of this is *extremely basic* regulatory stuff, clearly stated in
97.21(b), not somebody's opinion or interpretation.

Tsk.

What is most interesting is the fact that someone like
Len, who has told us how the regulations should be
changed for so many years, should be so ignorant of such
a basic rule from Part 97.

Tsk. The Nun of the Above, who designs and builds his own
"state of the art" vacuum tube based radios in the 1990s, is
seemingly unaware of solid-state technology having overtaken
vacuum-state some three decades prior.

The Nun of the Above has constantly made his old-time radio
heroes to be pioneers of "firsts" despite absolutely NO radio
broadcasting transmitter copying the AM adaptation of Reggie
Fessenden done in public demonstration on 1906 (special
carbon microphone in series with antenna lead of spark trans-
mitter). Yet the Nun wishes to rap all knuckles with his/her/it
ruler when such pioneering radio heroism isn't met with
enthusiastic acclaim.

The Nun of the Above constantly refers to old regulations,
including those made by government radio regulating agencies
which no longer existed after 1934. The Nun also applies
his/her/it's ruler to knuckles which do not recognize his/her/it's
truism that morse code testing is a "necessity" for all new
amateur licensees' privileges of operating below 30 MHz on
amateur radio bands. All simply MUST do so...as it has always
been done...no good reasons given.

That striking ruler is again applied whenever an NCTA dares to
question his/her/it's claims of the efficacy of morse code mode
over and above all other modes (which it isn't, but that is besides
the point to any PCTA).

The Nun of the Above is an ultra-strict literalist who is unable to
find a life beyond the newsgroup nor employment in radio-related
industry and disavowing any relationship to professionalism in
the radio-electronics industry.

Must be some sort of Catholic thing. What's troubling all these
heavenly fodders is lots and lots of individuals nailing theses on
the doors of the Church of St. Hiram saying that morse code
testing must GO and make the "church" open to all citizens who
have an interest...an interest and not a desire to dumb themselves
down with old, archaic requirements that have no usefulness.

Ave, Imperator!

Posted on 23 Jan 05

K4YZ January 24th 05 07:16 PM

Len Anderson wrote:
In article .com,
writes:

Date: 1/6/2005 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
. com
Lenof21 wrote:

[...]

Uh huh...I love how his "revelation" of "humor" comes after two
weeks of getting his nose rubbed in his arrogant stupidity.

I get the feeling Lennie was the kid on the block with the only
decent football who would snatch it up and run home as soon as it was
apparent that he wasn't good at it and was getting beat soundly.
He certainly comes off that way.

73

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] January 25th 05 05:38 PM

Len Anderson wrote:
In article .com,
writes:

Date: 1/6/2005 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
. com
Lenof21 wrote:

[...]

Len,

Who are you addressing as "Nun of the Above"? Can't be me.
If you're pulling any body part, it isn't mine and it isn't
a leg.

You simply made a mistake about 97.21(b). Plain as day.
You've repeated it a few times, but you're still mistaken.

[androgynous behavior makes
gender identification difficult]

Androgynous behavior by whom?

[...]

Yes, Len, one would think you'd know something that basic about
Part 97. But not only are you spouting mistakes, you refuse to
acknowledge them.

What is most interesting is the fact that someone like
Len, who has told us how the regulations should be
changed for so many years, should be so ignorant of such
a basic rule from Part 97.

Tsk. The Nun of the Above,

Who is that, Len?

who designs and builds his

Nuns are female, Len.

own
"state of the art" vacuum tube based radios in the 1990s, is
seemingly unaware of solid-state technology having overtaken
vacuum-state some three decades prior.

Well, you're obviously not talking about me, because I've never
said any of my homebrew ham radio projects are "state of the art".

Perhaps you're talking about yourself? No, that can't be it, because
you don't have any homebrew amateur radio projects to show us at all.

In fact, I recall that you had to *buy* a manufactured cb set back
in 1958 or so, despite all your alleged knowledge of
"radio-electronics".

The Nun of the Above

Who would that be?

has constantly made his

"his"? Nuns are female.

old-time radio
heroes to be pioneers of "firsts" despite absolutely NO radio
broadcasting transmitter copying the AM adaptation of Reggie
Fessenden done in public demonstration on 1906 (special
carbon microphone in series with antenna lead of spark trans-
mitter).

What are you talking about, Len?

Perhaps you should look up how Fessenden did the 1906 broadcast.
He used an RF alternator, IIRC, not spark.

But you've made so many mistakes about RAF that no one is
surprised when you make another.

Yet the Nun wishes to rap all knuckles with his/her/it

Nuns are female, Len.

ruler when such pioneering radio heroism isn't met with
enthusiastic acclaim.

Well, that leaves me out. I'm against violence, both against
children and those who act like children...

The Nun of the Above

Who?

constantly refers to old regulations,
including those made by government radio regulating agencies
which no longer existed after 1934.

Which old regulations, Len?

The only regulations I've referred to recently are current ones.
Like 97.21(b). Do you know that one?

The Nun also applies
his/her/it's ruler to knuckles which do not recognize his/her/it's
truism that morse code testing is a "necessity" for all new
amateur licensees' privileges of operating below 30 MHz on
amateur radio bands.

Well, whoever this mythical Nun person is, she's right about that!
Until FCC changes the rules, a Morse Code test is a necessity for
all new amateur licensees who want transmitting privileges on the
amateur bands below 30 MHz. FCC won't issue the license without
such a test being passed, and a license is a necessity for *legal*
operation.

Of course, Len, you have no such license. Nor are you particularly
familiar with Part 97.

All simply MUST do so...as it has always
been done...no good reasons given.

Operating within the law isn't a good reason?

That striking ruler is again applied whenever an NCTA dares to
question his/her/it's

Nuns are female, Len.

claims of the efficacy of morse code mode
over and above all other modes (which it isn't, but that is

besides
the point to any PCTA).

Who has claimed that? Not me.

The Nun of the Above is an ultra-strict literalist who is unable

find a life beyond the newsgroup nor employment in radio-related
industry and disavowing any relationship to professionalism in
the radio-electronics industry.

Nuns are employed by the church. I'm not, so you can't be talking about
me.

Must be some sort of Catholic thing.

Most but not all nuns in the USA are Roman Catholic. Even though I was
brought up in that religion, I'm not part of it now. Nor for a long
long time.

OTOH, your buddy Brian Burke, N0IMD, was raised Roman Catholic and
probably still is. Is he the one you refer to as "Nun of the Above",
Len?

btw, he might like to hear about who you voted for in the 2004 US
presidential election.

What's troubling all these
heavenly fodders is lots and lots of individuals nailing theses

"Theses"? I think you meant a word that rhymes with "theses", Len, only
it begins with the letter F.

"lots and lots of individuals"? How many?

How many think differently?

on
the doors of the Church of St. Hiram saying that morse code
testing must GO and make the "church" open to all citizens who
have an interest

Perhaps it would be better if people with an interest in changing the
rules approached the FCC about it.

Amateur radio is open to all who have enough interest to pass the
required tests and get the required license. You obviously aren't
one of those people.

...an interest and not a desire to dumb themselves
down with old, archaic requirements that have no usefulness.

Like what "old, archaic requirements"? Written tests? Licenses?

You can't be talking about Morse Code skill as having no usefulness,
because it's extremely useful in amateur radio. Therefore, it makes
sense that the tests for an amateur radio license would include a
Morse Code test.

QED

Ave, Imperator!

Who do you address that way? Nuns are usually addressed as "Sister"
or "Mother" or some other title. At least that's the way it was
back when I was Roman Catholic, years and years ago.

As for the Latin, it's one of the languages my ancestors used.
They had world-class poetry, art, drama, philosophy, mathematics,
formal logic, science, engineering, architecture, public works, a
representative form of government, etc. Much of what they accomplished
we still use today - even down to most of the alphabet used to write in
this newsgroup.

At about the same time in history, *your* ancestors were busy painting
their faces blue, howling at the moon and worshipping trees. All they
gave us of any value was the names of some of the days of the week.

K4YZ January 27th 05 01:55 PM

wrote:
Len Anderson wrote:
In article .com,
writes:

Date: 1/6/2005 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
. com
Lenof21 wrote:

[...]

I am sure that the part being pulled and Lennie's sexual identity
crisis are the reasons behind Lennie's lack of offspring.

All of this is *extremely basic* regulatory stuff, clearly stated

in
97.21(b), not somebody's opinion or interpretation.

Tsk.

Yes, Len, one would think you'd know something that basic about
Part 97. But not only are you spouting mistakes, you refuse to
acknowledge them.

Len has no knowledge of Amateur regulatory matters as he is not a
licensed Amateur.

The Nun of the Above

Who would that be?

has constantly made his

"his"? Nuns are female.

As I was saying...

Lennie keeps leaving us irrefutable evidence that he has some
very...uhhhh....significantly altered perceptions of gender role
assingment.

(Unidentified person) constantly refers to old regulations,
including those made by government radio regulating agencies
which no longer existed after 1934.

Which old regulations, Len?

The only regulations I've referred to recently are current ones.
Like 97.21(b). Do you know that one?

Obvioulsy not. It's available via numerous on-line resources,
however it's obvious that Lennie has not availed himself of any of
them.

All simply MUST do so...as it has always
been done...no good reasons given.

Operating within the law isn't a good reason?

It's "not cool" to be law-abiding in Lennie's neighborhood.

As for the Latin, it's one of the languages my ancestors used.

Lennie's current "schtick" is to try and undermine others posts by
claiming they don't have a "working knowledge" of the language of any
one specific word they may use.

Ceertainly HE has no such mastery either...It's all just for
argument's sake, which is all that Lennie's about any way.

They had world-class poetry, art, drama, philosophy, mathematics,
formal logic, science, engineering, architecture, public works, a
representative form of government, etc. Much of what they

accomplished
we still use today - even down to most of the alphabet used to write

in
this newsgroup.

At about the same time in history, *your* ancestors were busy

painting
their faces blue, howling at the moon and worshipping trees. All they
gave us of any value was the names of some of the days of the week.

At Lennie's age, he TURNS blue, can properly identify the moon
three out of five times, and hikes a leg when he gets anywhere near a
tree. Her can usually (but not always) get the days of the week in
order if given a jingle to remember them by.

73

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] February 1st 05 08:24 PM

These are the numbers of current, unexpired amateur licenses held by
individuals on the stated dates:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Technician - 205,394
Technician Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750

Total Tech/TechPlus - 334,254

Total all classes - 674,792

As of January 31, 2005:

Novice - 29,435 (decrease of 19,894)
Technician - 265,739 (increase of 60,435)
Technician Plus - 52,999 (decrease of 75,861)
General - 137,763 (increase of 25,086)
Advanced - 77,523 (decrease of 22,259)
Extra - 106,121 (increase of 27,371)

Total Tech/TechPlus - 318,738 (decrease of 15,516)

Total all classes - 669,580 (decrease of 4812)

Note that these totals do not include licenses that have expired but
are in the
grace period. They also do not include club, military, RACES or other
station-only licenses.

73 de Jim, N2EY

WA8ULX February 1st 05 09:55 PM

Total Tech/TechPlus - 318,738 (decrease of 15,516)

Total all classes - 669,580 (decrease of 4812)

Yep dumbing Down is really working now.

bb February 5th 05 05:07 PM

WA8ULX wrote:
Total Tech/TechPlus - 318,738 (decrease of 15,516)

Total all classes - 669,580 (decrease of 4812)

Yep dumbing Down is really working now.

Worked for you. Congrats.

Caveat Lector February 5th 05 05:36 PM

Oh gee -- the USA ARS License numbers are decreasing about 2% in 5 years

At that rate in 500 years, we will be a dead dodo (Ain't statistics wundeful
wunderful?)

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)

"bb" wrote in message