RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

[email protected] January 11th 05 02:32 PM

Mike Coslo wrote:
N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article . net,
"Gr=FCmw=EEtch
th=EB =DCnfl=E3pp=E5bl=EA"

writes:

"Lenof21" wrote in message

: The license holder isn't prohibited from doing anything

after
: midnight of the last day of his/her 10-year-active-license
: period...and
: for two more years into that grace period.
:
Untrue. (Some would say an outright lie) They are certainly

prohibited
from
operating their amateur radio station without supervision, since

they
possess no valid operator license.

Now what did I write that was UNTRUE? Hmmm?

The untrue part is that a license holder isn't prohibited from
doing anything.

You wrote in an earlier message:

Lenof21 All licensees are perfectly legal to continue operating in

Lenof21 their grace
Lenof21 period. There is no necessity (nor sense) to eliminate

those
Lenof21 in the
Lenof21 grace period from those in the normal 10-year license

period from
Lenof21 any class totals.

Then you appear to have modified it to say:

"The license holder isn't prohibited from doing anything after
midnight of the last day of his/her 10-year-active-license

period."

Was anything written about "operating an amateur radio

station?"
No. :-)

Yes, because you wrote the above mentioned quote in an earlier

message

They could have a valid commercial license and not be
prohibited from using that.

Do commercial licenses have 10 year terms and 2 year grace periods?

And if so, should you be required to include them in your ARS license

numbers? 8^)

Doesn't matter. The quote was that they are "not prohibited from doing
anything"

Note: A commercial license does not
allow operation IN the amateur bands...just like an amateur

license
does NOT allow operation outside of amateur bands.

Irrelevant

In any event, a license holder *is* prohibited from doing something
when the license is in the grace period.

Yes, and that is operation within the privileges of their expired

license.

So. They *are* prohibited from operating in the amateur bands. That

is
significantly different than "not being prohibited from doing

anything"

Yep. Len is flat-out wrong - again.

ALL of Title 47 C.F.R. applies to ALL USA citizens. Yes, that
includes amateur radio licensees. :-) In that you will find

that, if
there is a REAL emergency situation, there is NO prohibition
against anyone using any frequency, any mode for help.

Doesn't change the fact that a licensee with a license in the
grace period is prohibited from operating an amateur station
in a non-emergency situation.

I guess the "only ones who count" in here are the Regulars, the
life-stylers, those who eat-breathe-sleep amateur radio. They

are
NEVER wrong. Their words are TRVTH itself, engraved in eternal
marble. Their shall be no discourse with them...of course.

In that you are incorrect. I don't mind having a good discussion,

and
even enjoy a good argument. But I do expect a good argument with

proper
give and take. Some times I am wrong, and some times right. But

your
case would be better served if you were to simply admit your

mistakes
and move on to good debate.

Agreed. Len made a mistake about 97.21(b), but he seems reluctant

admit it.

Note that the position he is taking is modifying.

You mean evading.

I've worked with a few
who do this. They really hate being wrong, but when they are proven
wrong, they slowly modify their stance so that eventually they either

agree with you, or " you just didn't understand" what they were

saying
in the first place

That's called "evading".

Think about *why*

A couple possibilities:

1. He was genuinely wrong.

That's been proven already.

He made an incorrect statement, and is
embarrassed about it. Some people absolutely *hate* being incorrect

on
anything.

That's Len to a capital L. Particularly when the person pointing out
the error is someone he considers inferior.

2. He is making deliberate incorrect statements simply to invoke

others
in arguments.

That's not inconsistent with 1).

This could be an entertainment issue, or perhaps a
loneliness thing.

Possibly.

Or perhaps it's an attempt to bring others down to his level, get them
fighting with each other, etc.

Consider that Len is not a ham, has never been one, and probably
never will be one. He isn't even very knowledgeable about Part 97,
as illustrated by his ignorance of 97.21(b).

So why is he preaching to the FCC and the online world about
how ham radio should be? He won't tell us his motivation.
73 de Jim, N2EY

Len Over 21 January 12th 05 12:12 AM

In article . com,
(James Psychochief Miccolis, Kommandant uf
das Neugruppen Waffe) writes:

Or perhaps it's an attempt to bring others down to his level, get them
fighting with each other, etc.

Tsk, tsk, I'm not needed for such infighting. You lads do right
fine all by yourselves. :-)

Consider that Len is not a ham, has never been one, and probably
never will be one. He isn't even very knowledgeable about Part 97,
as illustrated by his ignorance of 97.21(b).

So why is he preaching to the FCC and the online world about
how ham radio should be? He won't tell us his motivation.

Well, Herr Gruppekommandant, it's time to "show you my papers"
and confess all -

Way back in prehistory of 1952 (der kommandant didn't exist
then), I had these terrible thoughts of Patriotism and stuff,
hadn't been to the sacred halls of ivy yet, and thought to volunteer
my body for Army service.

Ya see, as a poor ignorant soul, nobody had told me my body is
SO precious that I shouldn't put it in harm's way like volunteering
for the military when there was an actual War (shudders) On. We
had several hams in my home town but nobody thought to Elmer
me on being "able to serve in 'other' ways." That was the first
mistake.

The second mistake was the Army assigning me to Signal School
for a rarely-heard-of MOS called Microwave Radio Relay. (remember
that 1952 was, after all, "prehistory") Hams all knew that there was
only black magic above 30 MHz and that no REAL hams found it
useful. The rest of the radio world didn't matter...only REAL hams
knew what was good in radio and what was not.

The Army did a third mistake! They assigned me to an Army radio
station in Tokyo. One of those "small" places with only about 36
HF transmitters that was in operation 24/7 and serving the Far
East Command Headquarters. Microwave radio relay equipment
installation had been delayed by a year or so so I had to learn all
about high-power HF transmitters, how to operate them, how to do
maintenance on them, how to fix them when they went bad. Plus
the essentials of HF networking, TTY-RTTY, the original SSB, along
with VHF and UHF radio relay operation and maintenance that the
Army eventually replaced with microwaves.

In the midst of all that, I compounded the mistake by trying to LEARN
and do better at what I did. Shame on me. I should have read the
ARRL publications a lot more than I had. The Army wasn't using
any morse code whatsoever in carrying massive message traffic
across the Pacific! Maybe the ARRL was already falling down on
the Lobbying job because they had NO effect on the Signal Office,
USA! Lots of very olde-tyme hammes were sitting around shaking
their heads at the stupidity of the U.S. military for not using more
morse code mode in the 1950s! [it's a wonder hams didn't march
on the Pentagon to demand More CW!]

Tsk. The Mistakes didn't stop. I got a commercial radio operator's
license so that I could make some money in broadcasting before
moving to the sunbelt (I choice of Florida or California depending on
the art school). I've been told that I NEED TO GET A HAM LICENSE
FIRST in order to SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO! Except I remained
ignorant since nobody TOLD ME that back then.

So, getting accepted at Art Center School of Design (to be an
industrial illustrator), I'm also working at Hughes Aircraft Company
doing environmental testing. More new techniques to learn and be
good at, but, unfortunately, ARRL didn't have any useful literature
to Elmer me in that. Morsemanship wasn't needed in environmental
testing, or in radar sets (HAC El Segundo made military airborne
radars then). It might shock some to know that 20 WPM morse skill
isn't needed for 10g vibration testing and the temperature extremes
aren't found in ham shacks, except maybe Antarctica where hams
were supposedly the only link to the outside world (according to
the League). Had I become a ham and advanced to Extra, I no
doubt would have KNOWN all those things just by the license
grant (an epiphany) but I had to listen to other, non-hams, some
with degrees, some without, all working IN the aerospace industry.

Well, since HAC wasn't pioneering any morsemanship on HF
methods, the usual aerospace halts and groans caused a halt in
some salaries. I moved over to Ramo-Wooldridge and work in
Electronic Warfare systems (such as on the Quail decoy missle,
a weird little MacDonnell airbreather that could electronically
imitate one or more B-52s). No morsemanship needed there at
all, not even anything on HF! [must have been an oversight of
both Simon Ramo and Dean Wooldridge when they got Thompson
Products backing to start what would eventually grow into TRW]
I'm sure that Simon, Dean, and the USAF wasn't listening to
ARRL advice on radio as to what was the "best" for all. More
mistakes and more prominent ones too!

In late 1958 several more mistakes happened. I changed major
to electrical engineering from illustration. I was way to confused to
continue on an absolute straight-and-narrow immaculate path of
life and decided to be an engineer instead of illustrator (an artist
who depicts things as they really are). The FCC created the Class
C and D Citizens Band Service, a TOTALLY HORRIBLE MISTAKE
by them that shall be cursed to the end of time by all REAL hams,
the morsemen of the apocaleptic. Imagine! NO morse code skill
needed for ordinary citizens to get ON HF radio, not even any TEST
at all! Even worse was an individual changing their career goals
before their education is completed! HORRORS.

Oh, the mistakes get worse. I bought a Johnson Viking CB
transceiver and got a CB license...and could do only about 8 WPM
morse, if that. Several tried to verbally horse-whip me on that but
I got away. Worked great in the all-aluminum body '53 Austin-
Healey sports car, tooled around southern Cal talking to other
mistake-prone evil grownups who used HF without a valid morse
test! American-made CB radios! Talk about prehistoric times!
Law-breakers all, no shame, sort of like the Old West.

I know its hard to believe but USA university curricula do NOT
require any morsemanship or being-licensed-in-amateur-radio-to
show-interest-in-radio!!! Lots of college students in both day and
night classes were interested but, sadly, without that REQUISITE
ham license FIRST in order to show their interest. BIG mistake.
Done by all the little colleges out here...UCLA, USC, Berkeley,
you know, tha small ones without the ivy all over.

Tsk. More mistakes beginning early, like high-fidelity music
interest since high school. Instead of wanting to listen to good
sound, I should have worked very hard at perceiving the "music
of morse" (monotonal, aperiodic). My contemporaries liked to
hear the false music of symphonies and jazz bands. Shame on
us. We knew no better than to trust our own senses.

Then personal computing! Absolutely NO relationship to morse
or pioneering HF radio by working DX with morsemanship. We
hedonistic number-loving infidels went beyond the limited ranges of
"73" and "599" to enable the PC boom to explode in the late 1970s.
We should have spent our time in monastaries of morse copying
the treasures of Hiram's writings and REAL morse code, not the
graven images of source or assembler code of the false gods such
as the ACM or the IBM of Armonk. We sinned mightily and forsake
the divine ordained religious leaders at the holy city of Newington.

Yes, we infidels denigrating the True Calling should have worked our
morsemanship and pioneered the airwaves for Telstar, microwaves
across the continents, the communications satellites giving us
near-instant communications across the globe, the Deep Space
Network, Men ON the Moon televised live, the Internet, the cellular
telephone...all of which use absolutely NO morsemanship to devise
or build or perfect. We all had FALSE MOTIVATION.

Yes, it's a mighty CONSPIRACY against the amateur morsemen,
begun before most of them existed, deliberately kept up to humiliate
them and keep them from perfecting the Antique Radiotelegraphic
Society (ARS) of the United States. We are all WORKING AGAINST
YOU MORSEMEN in a titanic struggle for power (but only in news-
groups) and THREATENING YOUR MIGHTY EGOS!

It was all a mistake. An evil, antichrist-sort of mistake, compounded
many times, deliberately aimed at all those mighty macho morse-
men in this newsgroup. We have defiled your divine wishes, holy
fathers. We ask no penance, no absolution for our sins (or sines).

We answer to a Higher Order, not to your demands. Go thee and
perform auto-intercourse.

Steve Robeson K4YZ January 12th 05 01:26 PM

Subject: ARS License Number
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 1/11/2005 6:12 PM Central Standard Time
In article . com,

(James Psychochief Miccolis, Kommandant uf
das Neugruppen Waffe) writes:

Yet more of Lennie's self-defeating belittlements.

Or perhaps it's an attempt to bring others down to his level, get them
fighting with each other, etc.

Tsk, tsk, I'm not needed for such infighting. You lads do right
fine all by yourselves

Lennie ! PLEASE! You're ALL ABOUT being disruptful, antagonizing and
arrogant!

Consider that Len is not a ham, has never been one, and probably
never will be one. He isn't even very knowledgeable about Part 97,
as illustrated by his ignorance of 97.21(b).

So why is he preaching to the FCC and the online world about
how ham radio should be? He won't tell us his motivation.

Well, Herr Gruppekommandant, it's time to "show you my papers"
and confess all.

More self-defeating belittlements.

Way back in prehistory of 1952 (der kommandant didn't exist
then), I had these terrible thoughts of Patriotism and stuff,
hadn't been to the sacred halls of ivy yet, and thought to volunteer
my body for Army service.

No doubt you DO consider patriotism as being terrible. Your grossly
disgusting self-promoting on the sacrifices of Soldiers who died three years
before you were in the service are prime example.

Ya see, as a poor ignorant soul, nobody had told me my body is
SO precious that I shouldn't put it in harm's way like volunteering
for the military when there was an actual War (shudders) On. We
had several hams in my home town but nobody thought to Elmer
me on being "able to serve in 'other' ways." That was the first
mistake.

Ahhhhhh.....so here we have yet ANOTHER attempt to polish your own brass
by associating yourslef with the Army DURING the war.

YOU WEREN'T EVEN IN THE ARMY THEN!

The second mistake was the Army assigning me to Signal School
for a rarely-heard-of MOS called Microwave Radio Relay. (remember
that 1952 was, after all, "prehistory") Hams all knew that there was
only black magic above 30 MHz and that no REAL hams found it
useful. The rest of the radio world didn't matter...only REAL hams
knew what was good in radio and what was not.

Ahhhyes, the "Microwave Radio Relay". Lennie the Radio Mechanic. Assigned
to an outpost that WASN'T configured for the stuff youw ere trained on, just so
they could get you out of the way.

The Army did a third mistake! They assigned me to an Army radio
station in Tokyo. One of those "small" places with only about 36
HF transmitters that was in operation 24/7 and serving the Far
East Command Headquarters. Microwave radio relay equipment
installation had been delayed by a year or so so I had to learn all
about high-power HF transmitters, how to operate them, how to do
maintenance on them, how to fix them when they went bad. Plus
the essentials of HF networking, TTY-RTTY, the original SSB, along
with VHF and UHF radio relay operation and maintenance that the
Army eventually replaced with microwaves.

You were never a "radio operator", according the the MOS'es you've cited,
Lennie.

You were just a radio mechanic. And I doubt you had much to do with THAT
either.

In the midst of all that, I compounded the mistake by trying to LEARN
and do better at what I did.

And you made a life-long career of it...Mostly by riding the coat-tails of
others who DID "do better".

Shame on me. I should have read the ARRL publications a lot more than I

had.

Guess what I found in the Army MARS station on Okinawa, Lennie...???

The WHOLE SET of ARRL publications.

The Army wasn't using
any morse code whatsoever in carrying massive message traffic
across the Pacific! Maybe the ARRL was already falling down on
the Lobbying job because they had NO effect on the Signal Office,
USA! Lots of very olde-tyme hammes were sitting around shaking
their heads at the stupidity of the U.S. military for not using more
morse code mode in the 1950s! [it's a wonder hams didn't march
on the Pentagon to demand More CW!]

Dunno why you keep trying to work some unfounded rants about Morse Code
use into your already dubiously factual posts, Lennie.

Tsk. The Mistakes didn't stop. I got a commercial radio operator's
license so that I could make some money in broadcasting before
moving to the sunbelt (I choice of Florida or California depending on
the art school).

But you've not been involved in "broadcasting", Lennie. Unless sitting on
your TV remote or garage door opener counts.

I've been told that I NEED TO GET A HAM LICENSE
FIRST in order to SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO! Except I remained
ignorant since nobody TOLD ME that back then.

That's not what you've been told, but keep on lying in public, Lennie...

So, getting accepted at Art Center School of Design...(SNIP)

Well, since HAC wasn't pioneering any morsemanship on HF...(SNIP)

In late 1958 several more mistakes happened...(SNIP)

Oh, the mistakes get worse. I bought a Johnson Viking CB
transceiver and got a CB license...(SNIP)

THAT explains a lot.

...and could do only about 8 WPM morse, if that.

A lie. Then. Now. Tomorrow.

I know its hard to believe but USA university curricula do NOT
require any morsemanship or being-licensed-in-amateur-radio-to
show-interest-in-radio!!! ...(SNIP)

Lying again, but hey, it's all you really ARE good at.

Tsk. More mistakes beginning early, like high-fidelity music
interest since high school....(SNIP)

I can almost see you in a Zoot Suit or with your hair greased back at the
Sock Hop.

Instead of wanting to listen to good
sound, I should have worked very hard at perceiving the "music
of morse" (monotonal, aperiodic). My contemporaries liked to
hear the false music of symphonies and jazz bands. Shame on
us. We knew no better than to trust our own senses.

On Contraire, Lennie! Your senses of self-promotion, deceit and cheating
worked well for you! Hey, you got away withn it! Be proud!

Of course that's why you WON'T go take an Amateur exam...you KNOW they
won't be bought off or will "look the other way" when you can't pass a closed
book test.

Then personal computing!

Ahhh yes...Every antagonist get's his own pulpit. RRAP is Lennie's.

Yes, we infidels denigrating the True Calling should have worked our
morsemanship and pioneered the airwaves for Telstar, microwaves
across the continents, the communications satellites giving us
near-instant communications across the globe, the Deep Space
Network, Men ON the Moon televised live, the Internet, the cellular
telephone...all of which use absolutely NO morsemanship to devise
or build or perfect. We all had FALSE MOTIVATION.

Your only "motivation", and stated over and over by YOU, was money.

Really twits your bolts that we do all those things free!

Yes, it's a mighty CONSPIRACY against the amateur morsemen,
begun before most of them existed, deliberately kept up to humiliate
them and keep them from perfecting the Antique Radiotelegraphic
Society (ARS) of the United States. We are all WORKING AGAINST
YOU MORSEMEN in a titanic struggle for power (but only in news-
groups) and THREATENING YOUR MIGHTY EGOS!

So far, Your Scumbaginess, YOU are the only one with any demonstrated ego
issues.

It was all a mistake. An evil, antichrist-sort of mistake, compounded
many times, deliberately aimed at all those mighty macho morse-
men in this newsgroup. We have defiled your divine wishes, holy
fathers. We ask no penance, no absolution for our sins (or sines).

I sincerely doubt you can tell a sine wave from an astrological sign
without a book in front of you or a URL to click on.

We answer to a Higher Order, not to your demands. Go thee and
perform auto-intercourse.

Always the professional.

Steve, K4YZ

Dave Heil January 13th 05 02:31 AM

Lenof21 wrote:

To one I made a burn-in-hell-for-eternity mistake by NOT getting an
extra "out of the box" long ago. Tsk. He thinks that is utter and complete
failure to complete a Life Promise and shows moral turpitude (or something
that smells strongly, maybe like paint thinner).

It doesn't matter much right now. This is one of those periods in which
you claim you have no intention of obtaining an amateur radio license.
Back when you made your boast, you were apparently set on getting a ham
ticket. In a few weeks, that could all change again.

Another says I can ONLY "show interest in radio" by getting an amateur
radio license FIRST.

Steve's got you pegged pretty well, Leonard. You tell more lies than
Richard Nixon. You've proclaimed a decades-long "interest" in amateur
radio. Trouble is, you've never been interested enough to sit an exam
which would provide an amateur radio license.

[no real reason given except he was bereft of any
comback and was trying to wing a reply] Well, that's just too #$%^!!!! bad
since I made that decision back 48 years ago, got a First Phone and
started working in broadcasting, using it.

That's just super, Len. Feel free to go back to work in broadcasting.
That isn't amateur radio.

Only one other seems to
have a working time machine for regular trips back there...and before.
NO, repeat NO "debate" in here is really possible with anyone not-licensed-
in-any-amateur-service correspondent.

It certainly isn't given your clumsy style and grating manner.

This forum is EXCLUSIVELY for already-licensed amateurs to talk about
getting INTO amateur radio? Of course. League has all the answers,
just Follow The Law, do like everyone else did, and shuthehellup. Simple.

I don't recall anyone telling you to shut the hell up. I do recall you
directing such a statement to me. What was it you called me--feldwebel?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] January 13th 05 05:48 PM

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article . com,

(James Psychochief Miccolis, Kommandant uf
das Neugruppen Waffe)

Paging Mr. Godwin....

writes:

Or perhaps it's an attempt to bring others down to his level, get

them
fighting with each other, etc.

Tsk, tsk, I'm not needed for such infighting. You lads do right
fine all by yourselves. :-)

The bull elephant shows the herd his t[u]sks as a display of
dominance...;-)

Consider that Len is not a ham, has never been one, and probably
never will be one. He isn't even very knowledgeable about Part 97,
as illustrated by his ignorance of 97.21(b).

Do you still think that *all* hams with licenses that are expired but
in the grace period can legally operate their amateur radio stations,
Len?

So why is he preaching to the FCC and the online world about
how ham radio should be? He won't tell us his motivation.

Well, Herr Gruppekommandant, it's time to "show you my papers"
and confess all -

Paging Mr. Godwin....

Way back in prehistory of 1952 (der kommandant didn't exist
then),

Mr. Godwin

I had these terrible thoughts of Patriotism and stuff,
hadn't been to the sacred halls of ivy yet, and thought to

volunteer
my body for Army service.

That's laudable, Len.

Ya see, as a poor ignorant soul, nobody had told me my body is
SO precious that I shouldn't put it in harm's way like

volunteering
for the military when there was an actual War (shudders) On.

Body but not mind?

We
had several hams in my home town but nobody thought to Elmer
me on being "able to serve in 'other' ways." That was the first
mistake.

Tell us, Len: Is joining the uniformed military the one and only way a
citizen can serve our country? Or are there other ways?

The second mistake was the Army assigning me to Signal School
for a rarely-heard-of MOS called Microwave Radio Relay. (remember
that 1952 was, after all, "prehistory")

Not at all.

So you learned radio on the taxpayer's dime.

Hams all knew that there was
only black magic above 30 MHz and that no REAL hams found it
useful.

Where do you get that? It's pure nonsense. Real hams were exploring
frequencies above 30 Mc. before even *you* were born...

The rest of the radio world didn't matter...only REAL hams
knew what was good in radio and what was not.

The Army did a third mistake! They assigned me to an Army radio
station in Tokyo. One of those "small" places with only about 36
HF transmitters that was in operation 24/7 and serving the Far
East Command Headquarters. Microwave radio relay equipment
installation had been delayed by a year or so so I had to learn

all
about high-power HF transmitters, how to operate them, how to do
maintenance on them, how to fix them when they went bad. Plus
the essentials of HF networking, TTY-RTTY, the original SSB, along
with VHF and UHF radio relay operation and maintenance that the
Army eventually replaced with microwaves.

All by yourself?

Or were there a couple of hundred other Army personnel there, some with
a lot more experience, to teach you and guide the way?

Did you have to buy books and materials, etc.?

In the midst of all that, I compounded the mistake by trying to

LEARN
and do better at what I did. Shame on me. I should have read the
ARRL publications a lot more than I had. The Army wasn't using
any morse code whatsoever in carrying massive message traffic
across the Pacific! Maybe the ARRL was already falling down on
the Lobbying job because they had NO effect on the Signal Office,
USA! Lots of very olde-tyme hammes were sitting around shaking
their heads at the stupidity of the U.S. military for not using

more
morse code mode in the 1950s! [it's a wonder hams didn't march
on the Pentagon to demand More CW!]

How does that relate to your not being a ham but wanting to tell us How
Ham Radio Should Be?

Tsk. The Mistakes didn't stop. I got a commercial radio

operator's
license so that I could make some money in broadcasting before
moving to the sunbelt (I choice of Florida or California depending

on
the art school).

Commercial radioTELEPHONE license. I got one too - at age 18.

I've been told that I NEED TO GET A HAM LICENSE
FIRST in order to SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO!

Who said that? Not me.

Except I remained
ignorant since nobody TOLD ME that back then.

You do seem proud of your ignorance.

So, getting accepted at Art Center School of Design (to be an
industrial illustrator), I'm also working at Hughes Aircraft

Company
doing environmental testing.

Now? I thought you were retired.

(you did use the present tense)

More new techniques to learn and be
good at, but, unfortunately, ARRL didn't have any useful

literature
to Elmer me in that. Morsemanship wasn't needed in environmental
testing, or in radar sets (HAC El Segundo made military airborne
radars then). It might shock some to know that 20 WPM morse skill
isn't needed for 10g vibration testing and the temperature

extremes
aren't found in ham shacks, except maybe Antarctica where hams
were supposedly the only link to the outside world (according to
the League).

Where do you get all this misinformation?

Had I become a ham and advanced to Extra, I no
doubt would have KNOWN all those things just by the license
grant (an epiphany) but I had to listen to other, non-hams, some
with degrees, some without, all working IN the aerospace industry.

Is all this blather leading somewhere?

Well, since HAC wasn't pioneering any morsemanship on HF
methods, the usual aerospace halts and groans caused a halt in
some salaries. I moved over to Ramo-Wooldridge and work in
Electronic Warfare systems (such as on the Quail decoy missle,
a weird little MacDonnell airbreather that could electronically
imitate one or more B-52s). No morsemanship needed there at
all, not even anything on HF! [must have been an oversight of
both Simon Ramo and Dean Wooldridge when they got Thompson
Products backing to start what would eventually grow into TRW]
I'm sure that Simon, Dean, and the USAF wasn't listening to
ARRL advice on radio as to what was the "best" for all. More
mistakes and more prominent ones too!

It seems you are going to impose your resume on us yet again.

In late 1958 several more mistakes happened. I changed major
to electrical engineering from illustration.

Why? Weren't you any good at illustration?

I was way to confused to
continue on an absolute straight-and-narrow immaculate path of
life and decided to be an engineer instead of illustrator (an

artist
who depicts things as they really are). The FCC created the Class
C and D Citizens Band Service, a TOTALLY HORRIBLE MISTAKE
by them that shall be cursed to the end of time by all REAL hams,
the morsemen of the apocaleptic. Imagine! NO morse code skill
needed for ordinary citizens to get ON HF radio, not even any TEST
at all! Even worse was an individual changing their career goals
before their education is completed! HORRORS.

Do you *really* think 27 MHz cb was a good idea?

Oh, the mistakes get worse. I bought a Johnson Viking CB
transceiver and got a CB license

Bought? With all that radio knowledge, and your commercial license,
you settled for an appliance rather than building a radio?

...and could do only about 8 WPM
morse, if that.

You seem to have skipped over when you tried to learn Morse Code.
Funny,
in the deluge of details, that little tidbit gets lost.

btw, way back in 1951 the FCC created two classes of amateur license
that
required only 5 wpm Morse code. Yet you never got either a Technician
or
a Novice license, even though the Technician was specifically meant for

those interested in the "world above 30 Mhz".

Several tried to verbally horse-whip me on that but
I got away.

Several of what?

Worked great in the all-aluminum body '53 Austin-
Healey sports car, tooled around southern Cal talking to other
mistake-prone evil grownups who used HF without a valid morse
test! American-made CB radios! Talk about prehistoric times!
Law-breakers all, no shame, sort of like the Old West.

So you admit to violating FCC regulations for the Citizens Radio
Service?

I know its hard to believe but USA university curricula do NOT
require any morsemanship or being-licensed-in-amateur-radio-to
show-interest-in-radio!!! Lots of college students in both day

and
night classes were interested but, sadly, without that REQUISITE
ham license FIRST in order to show their interest. BIG mistake.
Done by all the little colleges out here...UCLA, USC, Berkeley,
you know, tha small ones without the ivy all over.

Did you graduate from any of those, Len?

Tsk. More mistakes beginning early, like high-fidelity music
interest since high school. Instead of wanting to listen to good
sound, I should have worked very hard at perceiving the "music
of morse" (monotonal, aperiodic). My contemporaries liked to
hear the false music of symphonies and jazz bands. Shame on
us. We knew no better than to trust our own senses.

What does this have to do with amateur radio policy?

Then personal computing! Absolutely NO relationship to morse
or pioneering HF radio by working DX with morsemanship.

So why do you mention it? Doesn't even involve radio.

We
hedonistic number-loving infidels went beyond the limited ranges

of
"73" and "599" to enable the PC boom to explode in the late 1970s.

How did *you* do that?

Did you work for Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? IBM?

We should have spent our time in monastaries of morse copying
the treasures of Hiram's writings and REAL morse code, not the
graven images of source or assembler code of the false gods such
as the ACM or the IBM of Armonk. We sinned mightily and forsake
the divine ordained religious leaders at the holy city of

Newington.

Well, Len, my computer experience goes back to 1972, writing software
that had to be punched on cards for use in mainframes. I went to school
in the very building where the first high-speed general-purpose
electronic digital computer, ENIAC, was designed and built. For the US
Army, btw. I actually got to see, pick up and examine pieces of ENIAC
when they showed up back at the U in 1976.

Yes, we infidels denigrating the True Calling should have worked

our
morsemanship and pioneered the airwaves for Telstar, microwaves
across the continents, the communications satellites giving us
near-instant communications across the globe, the Deep Space
Network, Men ON the Moon televised live, the Internet, the

cellular
telephone...all of which use absolutely NO morsemanship to devise
or build or perfect. We all had FALSE MOTIVATION.

"We"? Did you build all those things?

Yes, it's a mighty CONSPIRACY against the amateur morsemen,
begun before most of them existed, deliberately kept up to

humiliate
them and keep them from perfecting the Antique Radiotelegraphic
Society (ARS) of the United States. We are all WORKING AGAINST
YOU MORSEMEN in a titanic struggle for power (but only in news-
groups) and THREATENING YOUR MIGHTY EGOS!

I think the only one here with such a mighty ego is yourself, Len. Or
should I say nocwtest/averyfine/averyfineman/lenof21/lenover21? (And
those are just the AOL screen names you admit to using).

It was all a mistake. An evil, antichrist-sort of mistake,

compounded
many times, deliberately aimed at all those mighty macho morse-
men in this newsgroup. We have defiled your divine wishes, holy
fathers. We ask no penance, no absolution for our sins (or

sines).

We answer to a Higher Order, not to your demands.

All that verbiage, and yet you avoid the question completely.

So I was 100% correct: Len is not a ham, has never been one, and
probably
never will be one. He isn't even very knowledgeable about Part 97, as
illustrated by his ignorance of 97.21(b).

But he continually preaches to the FCC and the online world about
how ham radio should be.

He won't tell us his motivation.

Go thee and perform auto-intercourse.

Gee, Len, that's really "professional". Really makes people
see the logic of your arguments. Perhaps you should put that
into your next comments to the FCC.

N2EY January 15th 05 04:36 PM

\

These are the numbers of current, unexpired amateur licenses held by
individuals on the stated dates:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Technician - 205,394
Technician Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750

Total Tech/TechPlus - 334,254

Total all classes - 674,792

As of January 14, 2005:

Novice - 29,620 (decrease of 19,709)
Technician - 263,663 (increase of 58,269)
Technician Plus - 53,742 (decrease of 75,118)
General - 138,083 (increase of 25,610)
Advanced - 77,798 (decrease of 21,984)
Extra - 106,100 (increase of 27,350)

Total Tech/TechPlus - 319,405 (decrease of 14,849)

Total all classes - 671,006 (decrease of 3786)

Note that these totals do not include licenses that have expired but are in the
grace period. They also do not include club, military, RACES or other
station-only licenses.

73 de Jim, N2EY

WA8ULX January 15th 05 08:10 PM

"Total Tech/TechPlus - 319,405 (decrease of 14,849)

Total all classes - 671,006 (decrease of 3786)"

Yep the Dumbing Down is the way to go.

robert casey January 16th 05 09:10 PM

WA8ULX wrote:
"Total Tech/TechPlus - 319,405 (decrease of 14,849)

Total all classes - 671,006 (decrease of 3786)"

Yep the Dumbing Down is the way to go.

That why you're still here :-)

Lenof21 January 18th 05 07:49 PM

In article .com,
writes:

Of course it's also possible that Len has gotten so desperate for
attention that he's intentionally posting untrue things (like the
legality of operating with an expired license mistake) just to get a
response.

"Desperately?!?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Excuse me, yer lordship, lost control there... Bwhaha...oops.

After all, how does it affect *him* if some ham reads his
words, thinks they're true, and operates illegally?

HAMS rule amateur radio.

FCC doesn't require commissioners or staff to hold amateur radio
licenses in order to regulate U.S. amateur radio.

Ergo, J.P. logic has it that NO HAM SHOULD OBEY THE FCC
IF THEY DON'T HAVE HAM LICENSES!

Poop Dave the 1st would claim the FCC isn't "motivated."

The Coslonaut (heading for outer space) only wants to talk
about socks. Is he really a sock-tucker?

The Avenging Angle keeps nurturing his murderous hatred.

The University Lecturer wants to talk about highways.

This newsgroup be gettin' FUN-EEEE! :-)

Too bad the PCTA extras aren't talking about amateur radio
or the morse code test issue.

Posted on 18 Jan 05

Mike Coslo January 18th 05 08:11 PM

Lenof21 wrote:

In article .com,
writes:

Of course it's also possible that Len has gotten so desperate for
attention that he's intentionally posting untrue things (like the
legality of operating with an expired license mistake) just to get a
response.

"Desperately?!?"

Umm, no. "desperate"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Excuse me, yer lordship, lost control there... Bwhaha...oops.

After all, how does it affect *him* if some ham reads his
words, thinks they're true, and operates illegally?

HAMS rule amateur radio.

FCC doesn't require commissioners or staff to hold amateur radio
licenses in order to regulate U.S. amateur radio.

Ergo, J.P. logic has it that NO HAM SHOULD OBEY THE FCC
IF THEY DON'T HAVE HAM LICENSES!

?!?!?

Poop Dave the 1st would claim the FCC isn't "motivated."

The Coslonaut (heading for outer space) only wants to talk
about socks. Is he really a sock-tucker?

The Avenging Angle keeps nurturing his murderous hatred.

The University Lecturer wants to talk about highways.

That part wasn't too bad, I got a chuckle out of it.

This newsgroup be gettin' FUN-EEEE! :-)

We cudden't do it witout ya! 8^)

Too bad the PCTA extras aren't talking about amateur radio
or the morse code test issue.

Start a thread about the Morse code issue.

Personally, I don't have anywhere near as high an interest in Morse code
as you do.