Old August 21st 03, 05:49 AM
WA8ULX

In the end, the only clear way to completely get away from
his nonsense is to leave this newsgroup (an occasional break from this
newsgroup is probably not a bad idea anyway).

Good, your leaving, might I suggest you go back to cb.rec. At least there you
will be able to talk to your kind of people.
Old August 22nd 03, 05:50 AM
Dwight Stewart

"WA8ULX" wrote:

Good, your leaving, might I suggest you go
back to cb.rec. At least there you will be
able to talk to your kind of people.

My kind of people? Do you mean people like yourself? I see you've posted a
few messages in the CB newsgroup (well over 100 according to Google). Most
of my messages there were cross-posted to rec.radio.cb from messages posted
elsewhere, but most of yours were posted directly in that newsgroup.

In fact, the first message I ever saw from you was in that newsgroup. If I
remember correctly, you were talking about the big tube-type linear amp you
were using with the 10 meter radio you had modified to use on the
frequencies in and above the CB band. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I certainly
don't think so.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old August 22nd 03, 01:32 PM
WA8ULX

My kind of people?

Yes your kind of people

If I
remember correctly, you were talking about the big tube-type linear amp you
were using with the 10 meter radio you had modified to use on the
frequencies in and above the CB band.

Pure BS and you know it

Old August 22nd 03, 01:34 PM
WA8ULX

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

PS, get to the back of the Bus where you and your kind belong.
Old August 23rd 03, 03:13 PM
Dwight Stewart

"WA3IYC" wrote:

A problem only if you take them seriously.

I used to not take them seriously. However, after I start hearing what is
written here repeated outside this newsgroup, it is perhaps time to start
taking the stuff written here more seriously. A lot of people, far more than
perhaps some imagine, read this newsgroup. Absent an alternative viewpoint,
they have no reason not to believe what they read here, and repeat it
elsewhere. Enough of this and the entire image of this radio service is
dragged down - which is exactly what I think is going on now.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old August 23rd 03, 03:35 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
"WA3IYC" wrote:

A problem only if you take them seriously.

I used to not take them seriously. However, after I start hearing what

is
written here repeated outside this newsgroup, it is perhaps time to start
taking the stuff written here more seriously. A lot of people, far more

than
perhaps some imagine, read this newsgroup. Absent an alternative

viewpoint,
they have no reason not to believe what they read here, and repeat it
elsewhere. Enough of this and the entire image of this radio service is
dragged down - which is exactly what I think is going on now.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

You're right, Dwight. If Riley Hollingsworth's words that he spoke to many
groups, many times are correct, then ham radio is dead--or is dying a slow
death. I know and have heard the very conversations you speak of. When I
first heard talk like that on the air when I got my ticket, I was shocked
because I didn't think it was allowed.

There's a repeater here in Dallas. During the last Presidential campaign
and election, the hate spewed on that repeater was horrifying--and that is
not an overreaction. I heard things like that Democrats were the equivalent
of people who "let" things like Hitler happen and, believe me, that is mild.
That is why Larry remarks about my callsign--or anyone else's for that
matter--are such a damned joke. My callsign has nothing to do with the
destruction of the ARS. It is people like Larry and his attitudes that are
destroying the ARS. In Larry's mind, it's probably my fault because he has
to be so hateful toward me because of my callsign

Kim W5TIT

Old August 23rd 03, 04:03 PM
WA8ULX

Enough of this and the entire image of this radio service is
dragged down - which is exactly what I think is going on now.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET

Damn its working.
Old August 24th 03, 06:13 AM
Dwight Stewart

"WA8ULX" wrote:

Damn its working.

Bruce, I realize your agenda is to drive Ham Radio right into the ground.
Why you would want to do so is beyond me. Perhaps your messages in the CB
newsgroup offer a hint - you're really a CB'er with some type of grudge
against Ham Radio operators.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/