Old September 19th 03, 03:36 AM
Len Over 21

Default Rev.Jim the troller (was Bootlegging in 1948?)

In article ,
(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

sending and receiving CW isn't a building block
to anything else.....

Yes, it is.

First, it's a building block to the use of the mode on the air.

Although
other
services have pretty much stopped using Morse Code, hams use it

extensivley,
and an amateur license is permission to operate an amateur station, not

station in another service.

Roger that, Reverend Jim...

Who is "Reverend Jim", Len? You and Brian Burke keep using that name
to address someone.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...you've never seen "Taxi" then... :-)

I've seen most episodes of Taxi. My name's not Ignatowksi.

We've all seen your prodigious output here in the Newsgroup.

Your surname is Miccolis but you are a dead-ringer for the Rev. Jim
character, totally stoked on morsemanship...spaced out as to any
other radio communications mode.

It can't be me, because I graduated from electrical engineering
school, not divinity school. And my name isn't Ignatowski ;-)

What engineering school did you graduate from, Len?

One right here in Southern California...

One without a name...:-

It's easy enough for a BSEE to find out. Not that many out here.

On the other hand, it is difficult to figure out WHERE YOU WORK,
in terms of an actual company name.

You rationalize on "not revealing it" for some kind of "fear" of getting
"bad mail" from others.

I think your REAL fear is just in everyone discovering you don't do a
damn thing in radio for a living.

No problem for me. I've revealed most of my employers in here, plus a
number of personal references who are long-time licensed radio amateurs.

You won't do that.

All you seem to want is some kind of "rep" in the newsgroup for being here
almost all of your free time, writing terribly long, boring peans to
yourself
and morsemanship...when not using the newsgroup as some kind of "chat
room" in talking about absolutely non-radio-amateur subjects.

IN the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Service...

No such thing exists.

Yes it do, de facto, just not de jure. :-)

DeJur made projectors. You're projecting ;-)

I'm telling it like it is. "Archaic RadioTELEGRAPHY Service."

That's what you want.

That gives you some rank-status-privilege as an AMATEUR because
your aren't IN radio as a professional.

I've been "in" the Amateur Radio Service for almost 36 years. You have
not done so for even one day.

That's nice, Len. On what amateur band did you bootleg with it?

Hmm?

Or was
it a broadcast band device so you could pretend you were on "Ted
Mack's Amateur Hour"? ;-)

I've never bootlegged on anything after 1948.

Ah - but that means you may have bootlegged in 1948 and before!

YOU don't really KNOW if I "bootlegged" at all, do you?

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

YOU didn't exist in 1948. That was 55 years ago.

You have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I did back then or even 56 years
ago, but you are trolling, trolling, looking for a Flame Fest to start.

So, great big expert radio ham, tell US your "personal experiences" with
small output personal wireless AM broadcast band links of the pre-1950
period.

Come clean and tell the group all about it. It will be good for your
soul to admit your checkered past.

Go stick a whouff-hong someplace, pervert.

It will satisfy your sex life.

It's more than you had done in RADIO at that age.

And mine was legal. No bootlegging.

YOU didn't exist in 1947...or 1948.

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

By 1967 I'd already DESIGNED and mostly built (technician help was
not always available) several UHF to microwave RF emitters of more
that 10 Watts.

Well, give Len a Nobel Prize for accomplishment in physics!

In 1967 you were almost three times 14 years old.

Wow, for an ALLEGED MSEE, you've got BAD arithmetic skills.

Three times fourteen is forty-two. 1967 - 42 = 1925.

I was born in 1932.

In early 1967 I was 34 years old, my Honorable Discharge was
7 years in the past.

And it was your JOB, wasn't it?

You are damn right is was MY JOB.

I was good at enough to be given design responsibility.

All quite legal.

Not for you to operate unless you held the station license.

Go Whouff-Hong yourself, sweetums. I DID have a station license
in the PLMRS (as its called now) in a partnership in a business.

Don't give us this CRAP about "holding a station license" when you've
stated in the past in here that ham radio is "all about OPERATING."

Guess what, Len? You can get an amateur license for VHF/UHF that
doesn't require a code test.

Guess what, Rev. Jim, you can become a REAL Preacher by going to
a theology school instead of playing the part in a newsgroup.

Then you give your sermons a real kick...the ones about the Sermon on
The Antenna Mount.

Is it your guilt over your own bootlegging that causes you to attack
those who followed the law, even as teenagers?

You are really REACHING for some Flame War, aren't you, Rev. Jim?

Why don't you pull out your Raddio Kop shield and come arrest me for
bootlegging?

Who is this "Rev. Jim" you keep addressing?

Yourself, Stokey. Get off the hard stuff before it does you in...

The age thing is yours, Len, not mine. You recommended that FCC not
license anyone under age 14.

Let us know when you've passed the mental age of 14 and we can
discuss things rationally. So far, you aren't close to that.

Why are you avoiding that simple question?

WHAT "question?"

"Why should there be *any* written test on theory if all a person
wants to do is operate manufactured radios?

"If someone doesn't want to design, build or repair radios, why should
they have to memorize all those symbols, diagrams and formulas?"

Those aren't "questions" except to the loaded, "do you still beat your
wife" sort of "questions."

They don't have to be "answered" because YOU don't have one single
bit of "authority" to demand answers.

Take pride in your work for a living. Reveal at least the area of
"electrical
work" you do.

I've never known anyone in electronics engineering to NOT take pride in
what they do or talk shop about it. You are the exception. You won't
say word one about what area of "electrical engineering" you are in.

Either you do NOT work in "electrical engineering" or you are terribly
ashamed of what you do that you don't dare admit it.

Either way, ALL you are is an AMATEUR who tries to pass hisself off as
a great big guru in AMATEURISM.

Show me up by giving an answer to that, Fearless Fosdick.

Bet you can't. You will weasel-word your way around it.

LHA
Old September 19th 03, 11:36 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...

No problem for me. I've revealed most of my employers in here, plus a
number of personal references who are long-time licensed radio amateurs.

Your friend's license status is irrelevant. What is YOUR license
status, Sir Putzalot?

I'm telling it like it is. "Archaic RadioTELEGRAPHY Service."

Actually, you are lying, and hoping if you repeat the lie over
and over someone will believe you.

If they are not licensed in the Amateur radio service and have no
practical experience in Amateur Radio, much the same as you, then they
might "bite" on your laughable rhetoric.

Otherwise, you're making up stuff as you go along to deceive and
antagonize.

YOU don't really KNOW if I "bootlegged" at all, do you?

You have. Why deny it, Lennie?

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

Oh...it's OK for YOU to do that, but anyone else doing it is
"igniting" a "flamewar"...!!!

BBBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !!!!!!

Come clean and tell the group all about it. It will be good for your
soul to admit your checkered past.

Go stick a whouff-hong someplace, pervert.

It will satisfy your sex life.

Once again, Jim Miccolis stays the course while Lennie the
Pathological Liar ries to "undermine" him with allegations of sexual
perversion.

Funny that, that it usually turns out to be the accuser who has
the deviant predisposition.

And I am willing to bet Jim still HAS a "sex life", Lennie.

BTW...Did you get Mrs. Lennie to the OB/GYN to fix that fishy
smell you're always complaining of...?!?!

It's more than you had done in RADIO at that age.

And mine was legal. No bootlegging.

YOU didn't exist in 1947...or 1948.

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

And still not germane to AMATEUR RADIO of 2003, Lennie.

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

Was it required, Lennie? Can you prove that Jim ILLEGALLY dodged
military service? Do you REALLY want to go there?

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

Jim has never made fun of ANYONE'S "military service", Lennie.

What Jim has made light of is your frequent ramblings about how
you allegedly passed millions of messages on your own, and how you
somehow think that that military service somehow pertains to Amateur
Radio.

And I take extreme exception to your pale and threadbare
attempts to link that "service" to the combat deaths of United States
Soldiers who were KIA three years before you were even
in-theater...And even then you were hundreds of miles from the hot
zones.

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

Leonard H. Anderson is again lying.

And it was your JOB, wasn't it?

You are damn right is was MY JOB.

And it seems your JOB is all that you have to hold up, Lennie.
Kinda lonely in that small world of yours, isn't it...???

Go Whouff-Hong yourself, sweetums. I DID have a station license
in the PLMRS (as its called now) in a partnership in a business.

But...but...but...LENNIE...THIS is a newsgroup about
AMATEUR RADIO...Not PLMRS, the Army in the 1950's, or shadetree
psychiatry from Mrs. Lennie's correspondence school study guides.

Don't give us this CRAP about "holding a station license" when you've
stated in the past in here that ham radio is "all about OPERATING."

You do not have a station license.

You do not have an operator's license.

Except as the invited guest of a duly licensed Amateur who DOES
hold a STATION license and an appropriate OPERATOR'S license, YOU are
just a spectator.

Bet you can't. You will weasel-word your way around it.

Like how you weasel-word your way around "I'm getting an Extra
Lite out of the box", Lennie...???

"Restructuring" is almost 3 years old now, and you've gotten no
closer to an Amateur license than hurling unfounded accusations,
profanities and threadbare recycled rhetoric in this forum.

Seems YOU have set the bar for "weasel-wording", Lennie.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ
Old September 20th 03, 11:29 PM
N2EY

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

[...]

And we've all seen your even-more-prodigious output here in this newsgroup,
Len. Under a wide variety of AOL screen names - nocwtest, lenof21, averyfine,
averyfineman, lenover21, and probably more.

Perhaps you aspire to emulate Louie DePalma...;-)

Your surname is Miccolis but you are a dead-ringer for the Rev. Jim
character, totally stoked on morsemanship...spaced out as to any
other radio communications mode.

Not me. I use a variety of communications modes.

It can't be me, because I graduated from electrical engineering
school, not divinity school. And my name isn't Ignatowski ;-)

What engineering school did you graduate from, Len?

One right here in Southern California...

One without a name...:-

It's easy enough for a BSEE to find out. Not that many out here.

But you won't tell us the name.

On the other hand, it is difficult to figure out WHERE YOU WORK,
in terms of an actual company name.

That's right. Because it's not relevant to an amateur radio policy discussion.

You rationalize on "not revealing it" for some kind of "fear" of getting
"bad mail" from others.

Nope. It's not relevant.

And, it's just common sense that no matter what job I hold/held, and no matter
who my employer(s) are/were, they would not make any difference in your
behavior towards me.

I think your REAL fear is just in everyone discovering you don't do a
damn thing in radio for a living.

Nope.

The only REAL fear is yours, because you desperately want to know, but I won't
tell you.

No problem for me. I've revealed most of my employers in here, plus a
number of personal references who are long-time licensed radio amateurs.

None of the employers had anything to do with amateur radio. They're irrelevant
to the discussion.

You want to knwo them for reasons that have nothing to do with amateur radio.

You won't do that.

I've given a number of personal references who are long-time licensed radio
amateurs, too, Len.

But what's really relevant is what a person has done in amateur radio. I've
been an active, licensed radio amateur for almost 36 years - operating,
building stations, writing articles, elmering, etc. You wrote a few basic
articles for a now-defunct amateur radio periodical and have never held any
class of amateur radio license.

All you seem to want is some kind of "rep" in the newsgroup for being here
almost all of your free time, writing terribly long, boring peans to
yourself
and morsemanship...when not using the newsgroup as some kind of "chat
room" in talking about absolutely non-radio-amateur subjects.

That's not me, Len. It's you - except the ""peans to morsemanship" are
"diatribes against Morse code" in your case.

IN the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Service...

No such thing exists.

Yes it do, de facto, just not de jure. :-)

DeJur made projectors. You're projecting ;-)

I'm telling it like it is.

HAW! That's almost funny.

You're projecting your own reactions and motivations onto others. Classical
transference behavior, really.

I've been "in" the Amateur Radio Service for almost 36 years. You have
not done so for even one day.

That's nice, Len. On what amateur band did you bootleg with it?

Hmm?

Or was
it a broadcast band device so you could pretend you were on "Ted
Mack's Amateur Hour"? ;-)

I've never bootlegged on anything after 1948.

Ah - but that means you may have bootlegged in 1948 and before!

YOU don't really KNOW if I "bootlegged" at all, do you?

Nope. But you raised the subject, not me.

I wrote (emphasis added):

"you *MAY* have bootlegged in 1948 and before!"

Maybe you did - and maybe you didn't.

I will say categorically that I have *never* bootlegged - that is, operated
illegally.

Can you say the same thing, Len?

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

Nope.

Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

YOU didn't exist in 1948. That was 55 years ago.

Irrelevant.

Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

You have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I did back then or even 56 years
ago, but you are trolling, trolling, looking for a Flame Fest to start.

Nope.

Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

So, great big expert radio ham, tell US your "personal experiences" with
small output personal wireless AM broadcast band links of the pre-1950
period.

Irrelevant.

Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

Come clean and tell the group all about it. It will be good for your
soul to admit your checkered past.

Go stick a whouff-hong someplace, pervert.

It will satisfy your sex life.

Sounds like you're getting angry, Len. If you don't have a checkered past,
there's nothing to admit. Your anger *may* indicate a guilty conscience....;-)
;-)

Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

It's more than you had done in RADIO at that age.

And mine was legal. No bootlegging.

YOU didn't exist in 1947...or 1948.

Doesn't matter.

What I did at 13 is much more than you had done at age 14.

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

Fascinating - you were 14 in 1948 but 20 in early 1953.

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

I never claimed to be. How is that relevant to amateur radio or bootlegging by
14 year olds?

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

Where? Produce the post.

I dare ya! ;-)

Shall we google up your frequent insults and denigrations of others' military
and government service?

For example - how about the way you made fun of Jeffrey Herman's Coast Gurad
shore station radio operating?

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

Not me. But you sure do demonstrate the principle of "can dish it out but can't
take it".

By 1967 I'd already DESIGNED and mostly built (technician help was
not always available) several UHF to microwave RF emitters of more
that 10 Watts.

Well, give Len a Nobel Prize for accomplishment in physics!

In 1967 you were almost three times 14 years old.

Wow, for an ALLEGED MSEE, you've got BAD arithmetic skills.

Nope.

Three times fourteen is forty-two.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

1967 - 42 = 1925.

And I wrote "almost three times 14". *almost*

I was born in 1932.

And you were 14 in 1948, huh? Talk about bad math skills!

In early 1967 I was 34 years old, my Honorable Discharge was
7 years in the past.

And it was your JOB, wasn't it?

You are damn right is was MY JOB.

So it is irrelevant to what *amateurs* do.

That was the essence of your diatribe against Jeffrey Herman's job.

I was good at enough to be given design responsibility.

Me, too...

All quite legal.

Not for you to operate unless you held the station license.

Go Whouff-Hong yourself, sweetums.

And you call *me* a "pervert"...

I DID have a station license
in the PLMRS (as its called now) in a partnership in a business.

Angrier and angrier you get. Strong is the dark side with you. Consume you it
does....

Don't give us this CRAP about "holding a station license" when you've
stated in the past in here that ham radio is "all about OPERATING."

Where did I say that, Len? Produce the post.

I double dare ya! ;-) ;-)

Is it your guilt over your own bootlegging that causes you to attack
those who followed the law, even as teenagers?

You are really REACHING for some Flame War, aren't you, Rev. Jim?

Not me.
Either you bootlegged before 1949 or you didn't.

Which is it?

Who is this "Rev. Jim" you keep addressing?

Yourself, Stokey. Get off the hard stuff before it does you in...

What ARE you talking about, Len? "Stokey"?

The age thing is yours, Len, not mine. You recommended that FCC not
license anyone under age 14.

Let us know when you've passed the mental age of 14 and we can
discuss things rationally. So far, you aren't close to that.

ah, the old ad hominem by Len when all else fails. So predictable.

Why are you avoiding that simple question?

WHAT "question?"

"Why should there be *any* written test on theory if all a person
wants to do is operate manufactured radios?

"If someone doesn't want to design, build or repair radios, why should
they have to memorize all those symbols, diagrams and formulas?"

Those aren't "questions" except to the loaded, "do you still beat your
wife" sort of "questions."

Not at all. The "do you still beat your wife" question is only "loaded" if the
answers are confined to "yes" and "no".

There's no such restriction on those questions.

They don't have to be "answered" because YOU don't have one single
bit of "authority" to demand answers.

Not demanding. Asking.

You don't like those questions because they demonstrate a *MAJOR* flaw in your
jeremiads against Morse code testing.

Take pride in your work for a living. Reveal at least the area of
"electrical work" you do.

I already have. Electrical engineering. Design work, to be precise. That's all
you need to know. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

If that makes you angry, it's your problem, not mine.

Even that is irrelevant to an amateur radio policy discussion.

Either way, ALL you are is an AMATEUR who tries to pass hisself off as
a great big guru in AMATEURISM.

Is being an amateur somehow bad? Amateurs do things for the love of the thing
alone.

You are not a radio amateur. Nor have you ever been. And that's a fact.

As for "guru", that's all in your imagination. I don't claim to be an "expert"
or "guru" in anything. Not even Morse Code.

Old October 2nd 03, 01:29 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)

Old October 2nd 03, 05:13 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

[...]

I have never used "Avery Fine" as a screen name. "Len Of 21" is my
primary AOL screen name. Someone else has "No CW Test."

I have used NO other screen names in here.

My real name and current mailing address is the same as it appeared
many times as bylines in Ham Radio Magazine.

Not me. I use a variety of communications modes.

Of course you do. You are a true-blue amateur who believes in all
the guidance of the ARRL and the purity and sanctity of morse code
following all directives from Newington to the letter..

The only REAL fear is yours, because you desperately want to know, but I
won't tell you.

What "REAL fear?" It is NOT anything about the tuff tawk in here.

:-)

Since you won't say, we just put you closer to the BOGUS boys.

But what's really relevant is what a person has done in amateur radio. I've
been an active, licensed radio amateur for almost 36 years - operating,
building stations, writing articles, elmering, etc. You wrote a few basic
articles for a now-defunct amateur radio periodical and have never held any
class of amateur radio license.

Oooooo...! Was that supposed to "hurt" big fella? :-)

I got a COMMERCIAL Radiotelephone license in 1956 (only one test
needed) and had a career in radio-electronics design since then. You
will no doubt have to say such is "irrelevant" for lots of reasons.

You don't want to admit your occupation's firm name or what it does,
so you try to denigrate all those who aren't afraid of naming where
they worked or where they worked or what they did at work in detail.

You want to diminish the efforts of Ham Radio Magazine founders
Skip Tenney and Jim Fisk and their TWENTY TWO YEARS of
successful, INDEPENDENT newsstand publications. Why? Tenney
is a radio amateur. Fisk is deceased and his old call (W1HR) is now
used by a club in Jim Fisk's honor. You keep wanting to say HR is
"defunct" as if that is somehow unclean.

You weren't published in HR, Jimmie. You got as far as "Electric
Radio," a non-newsstand periodical for a special interest group in
old radio. Did you ever write for Electronics magazine (McGraw-Hill's
old biweekly)? I did. Did you ever write for BYTE? I did. I've written
for Microcomputing and Call-A.P.P.L.E. about more avoactional
and recreational activities concerning electronics.

That's not me, Len. It's you - except the ""peans to morsemanship" are
"diatribes against Morse code" in your case.

Someone has to counter your religious evangelism about morse code
and its "necessary" testing. :-)

You're projecting your own reactions and motivations onto others. Classical
transference behavior, really.

Nooo. The most I've been "projecting" lately are some Power Point
presentations. :-)

"you *MAY* have bootlegged in 1948 and before!"

Maybe you did - and maybe you didn't.

When did you last engage in a homosexual act?

Same sort of "question."

I will say categorically that I have *never* bootlegged - that is, operated
illegally.

...as far as we know...but then you will not reveal ALL that you do...

Can you say the same thing, Len?

I can say anything I want. Whatever that is, if I don't religiously praise
morse code, you will find some fault with it and write yards and yards
of copy manufacturing all sorts of nonsensical "arguments."

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

Nope.

Incorrect.

YOU didn't exist in 1948. That was 55 years ago.

Irrelevant.

Anything before your birthdate is "irrelevant?" A very elitist, arrogant
attidude. Tsk, tsk...

Sounds like you're getting angry, Len. If you don't have a checkered past,
there's nothing to admit. Your anger *may* indicate a guilty
conscience....;-)

I once took a Checker cab. I've played checkers. I've watched many a
checkered flag wave at the end of NASCAR and CART races.

What I did at 13 is much more than you had done at age 14.

You MUST say that anything you've done at anyone else's same age
is "better." :-)

Did you win any International contest awards at 14? :-)

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

Fascinating - you were 14 in 1948 but 20 in early 1953.

15 in early 1948. Between 20 and 21 in 1953 depending on month.

Why are you so concerned about minutae in years?

Looking for another TROLL opening for more FLAMING? Of course...

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

I never claimed to be. How is that relevant to amateur radio or bootlegging
by 14 year olds?

You are the one featuring BOOTLEGGING, Jimmie. That's a main
subject with you? Why?

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

Where? Produce the post.

I was posted to 8235th AU in 1953 and stayed there for 3 years as one of
the many who worked ADA, the primary communicaations station for the
Far East Command. 24/7 service via HF.

You've not done anything close to that.

For example - how about the way you made fun of Jeffrey Herman's Coast Gurad
shore station radio operating?

You civilians will never understand that former military persons can joke
about their military branches because we all KNOW what military life was
like. You CANNOT.

The USCG has NEVER done HF communications in any magnitude
approaching either the US Army, US Air Force, or US Navy. That's a fact.

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

Not me. But you sure do demonstrate the principle of "can dish it out but
can't take it".

No problem. You want to throw food in a food fight here, go ahead.

If I care to do so, I can toss it right back at you with increased tonnage
and far better delivery.

Go to someone else to attempt a flame war.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

1967 - 42 = 1925.

IRRELEVANT.

Only a few are interested in a dead, DEFUNCT, British fantasy
novelist who was a darling of a few eastern anglophiles. Sorry, but
it was all a flash in the pan, then goodbye. Don't try to pass that off
as "science-fiction," it will never play at the SFWA.

Is being an amateur somehow bad? Amateurs do things for the love of the thing
alone.

And a few of you insist your amateurism is "better" than anything the
professionals could ever do.

You are not a radio amateur. Nor have you ever been. And that's a fact.

I've been a PROFESSIONAL in the electronics industry. That's a fact.

I've been a hobbyist in electronics. That's a fact.

I've done military communicaations for three years a half century ago.
That's a fact.

I've done commercial communications as a civilian. That's a fact.

You have NOT done any of the above and that's a fact.

I don't venerate or worship or glorify morse code. That's a fact.

I don't fantasize or pretend that any amateur "needs" an out-dated
skill in any radio just to get a license to operate. That's a fact.

I'm willing to state anything I've done, barring NDAs or national
security subjects and that's a fact.

You are unwilling to state anything in any detail of what you have
done in radio or electronics for a living and that's a fact.

You try to amplify minutae into gigantic "arguments" over nothing
and that's a fact.

When you act civil and rational, then I might discuss things with you.

That's not a fact because it hasn't happened yet.

Now fire up your Time Machine and go back to the Past in radio that
you love so much.

Bye....

Old October 2nd 03, 10:54 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

I have never used "Avery Fine" as a screen name.

Yes, you have. Here's just one example - there are more.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...000514%40nso-c
v.aol.com&output=gplain

BEGIN QUOTE:

From: (Avery Fine)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Subject: PSK31 Sked
Date: 16 Sep 2000 23:17:20 GMT

In article , Sig Heil writes:

You remain a bitter and ancient child.

Now, now, you are looking into the mirror again when you write. :-)

It is now quite obvious that you
have no intention of ever obtaining an amateur radio license exam.

That is YOUR suppository, er, supposition, Herr Standartenfuhrer.

Why do you continue to post these lengthy diatribes having nothing to do
with amateur radio?

On the contrary, YOUR lengthy diatribes address nothing but an
attempt to suppress dissent and to "get even" with being taken
to task two years ago on your braggadoccio of radio expertise.
You've never forgotten and want vindication. You get none. This
makes you whiney and petulant. Poor baby.

The restructuring in amateur radio is not yet complete. More
needs to be done to bring US amateur radio regulations closer
to 1980s standards (it had been at 1950s standards, more or
less). You and a few others who achieved their "qualifications"
(!) from high-rate code and 1-by-2 or 2-by-1 callsigns cannot take
the new rules and insist that all be "qualified" under the old ones
or you will not "recognize them."

Those who do not accept YOUR definition are objects of your
highly-negative, follow-the-law-as-it-is-NOW criticsm.

Just the same, in other threads on other subjects, Herr Heil
hasn't spoken out on any technical subjects that can affect
policy of now or even later...except to go on at length on a
non-relationship of surname Heil in regards to microphones.

[ for shame! 'real' hams don't bark into microphones! :-) ]

Have you nothing else in your life?

Considerably more, four-neuroned-brain Heil. The attitudes of
national socialist partei one-by-twos who think they are
wielding two-by-fours of arrogant superiority make the
prospect of "proper" and "right" licensing unattractive to be
placed at the top of any agenda. YOU are in such a category
by public observation of anyone accessing this newsgroup.

Perhaps your many years of public service at the State
Department have made you oblivious to the fact that the
FCC (that's another government agency that regulates
civil radio in the USA) sets licensing standards for US
radio amateurs. It also grants licenses. It granted yours
(apparently). The US amateur radio community does not
grant licenses...nor does it "rule" on the "motivations" it
thinks citizens have in regards to radio licenses. You
seem to think that you "know" everything about those
who post contrary opinions to yours. Have fun in your
self-important ignorance, go ahead and post more of
your "hate" allegations as if you represent the entire
US ARS community. I don't care to message with
you further (as if I ever did to your libelous postings),
Herr Standartenfuhrer. I'm going to a college reunion.
QRT.

didit

END QUOTE

Old October 2nd 03, 09:05 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

I have never used "Avery Fine" as a screen name.

Yes, you have. Here's just one example - there are more.

I stand corrected. Three and a half years ago AOL still had a limit on
the number of characters in a screen name.

Once that limit was changed to a longer string, I cancelled the "Avery
Fine" screen name and changed it to my old Sysop handle of "Avery
Fineman" used many years ago before the Internet went public. LATER,
someone picked up on that particular screen name of "Avery Fine" and
used it as soon as the six-month time was up. The same is true of
"No CW Test" screenname...which I cancelled and someone else used
after it was available.

At NO time have I ever tried to disguise my legal name or address or
location by adopting some false personna.

Yet you GRASP AT STRAWS in trying to light up a Flame War to
satisfy your childish pique in here. Tsk, tsk, don't play with matches...
there are others here who have flamethrowers and you could get
severely burned.

(apparently). The US amateur radio community does not
grant licenses...nor does it "rule" on the "motivations" it
thinks citizens have in regards to radio licenses. You
seem to think that you "know" everything about those
who post contrary opinions to yours. Have fun in your
self-important ignorance, go ahead and post more of
your "hate" allegations as if you represent the entire
US ARS community. I don't care to message with
you further (as if I ever did to your libelous postings),
Herr Standartenfuhrer. I'm going to a college reunion.
QRT.

didit

END QUOTE

The college reunion was in the midwest in 2000, my wife's
college class. Rainy, dreary, but a fun event formally and
socially.

I'm sorry you have to pollute the contents in here with bringing
up THREE YEAR OLD (PLUS) arguments to satisfy your
apparent "need" to get back at your perceived pique.

Try living in the here and now instead of constantly going back
to the past. You are not salving old word wounds by going back to
the past, only re-opening your own wounds for more hurt. Tsk, tsk.

LHA
Old October 3rd 03, 04:26 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

I have never used "Avery Fine" as a screen name.

Yes, you have. Here's just one example - there are more.

I stand corrected.

Well, there you have it ;-)

Three and a half years ago AOL still had a limit on
the number of characters in a screen name.

Irrelevant.

Once that limit was changed to a longer string, I cancelled the "Avery
Fine" screen name and changed it to my old Sysop handle of "Avery
Fineman" used many years ago before the Internet went public.

Irrelevant.

LATER,
someone picked up on that particular screen name of "Avery Fine" and
used it as soon as the six-month time was up. The same is true of
"No CW Test" screenname...which I cancelled and someone else used
after it was available.

Irrelevant.

At NO time have I ever tried to disguise my legal name or address or
location by adopting some false personna.

It's spelled "persona", Len. In the quoted post, you do not mention your name,
address, or other identifiers. Just "Avery Fine" and nothing else. Some people
would say that you were trying to conceal your identity. But your hostile
persona comes through....

Yet you GRASP AT STRAWS in trying to light up a Flame War to
satisfy your childish pique in here.

"Childish pique"? You're the one shouting, calling names, making fun of other
people's jobs, military and government service, education, technical
achievements, geographic location, gender and sexual orientation. Pretty
childish stuff you post here. Like rewriting the reference line of that quoted
post so that Dave Heil's name becomes 'Sig Heil'. Really mature stuff, Len old
boy.

Me, I'm simply correcting your mistakes. You said you never used a certain
screen name, and I proved you to be mistaken. In error. Wrong. Incorrect.

Live with it.

Tsk, tsk, don't play with matches...
there are others here who have flamethrowers and you could get
severely burned.

Sounds like a threat. That's at least two so far.

It is clear you wish to kill the messenger, for the unspeakable crime of
telling the truth and proving you to be in error.

[...]

"Pollute the contents"? How?

Here are some of your own words, from that post:

"Sig Heil"

"Herr Standartenfuhrer"

"Poor baby."

"Herr Heil"

"four-neuroned-brain Heil"

"national socialist partei one-by-twos"

"libelous postings"

"Herr Standartenfuhrer."

And you say I "pollute the contents"?

You made a statement and I proved you to be wrong. Grow up a little.

Try living in the here and now instead of constantly going back
to the past. You are not salving old word wounds by going back to
the past, only re-opening your own wounds for more hurt. Tsk, tsk.

You can always just hide your head in the sand and killfile my posts, Len. No
problem.