Old September 22nd 03, 03:46 PM
Clint

Some also seem to miss the fact that nowhere does it say that the FCC

*must*
eleminate code testing for any class of license. It is only that the IARU
"supports the removal of Morse code testing", it does not state it must be
removed.

correct. But it does at least show proof of another organization that no
longer
unilaterally and unquestioningly supports it's continued testing, and also
takes
away from the argument that the 5wmp test needs to be perpetuated to meet
internationaly law.

Oh, and at least YOU acknowledge that they said "supports the removal"...
your fellow PCTA type Dick Carroll somehow just can't read that.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 22nd 03, 03:47 PM
Clint

I notice a *lot* of spin from the ham radio press in the direction of
removing code testing that isn't supported in the documentation of WRC
and others.

Wonder what their agenda might be? (heh )

quoting documentation and official paperwork/letters is fact, not spin.

what SPIN includes is reading that documentation that was quoted and saying
that the international organization does NOT support it's removal, when, um,
it *does*.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 22nd 03, 03:49 PM
Clint

It is a puzzle to me why you continue to make a point of "rubbing
peoples nose in it". Perhaps "well meaning" doesn't apply in your case.

Hans

perhaps you are confusing "rubbing peoples nose in it" with "haveing a
strong desire not to allow an inaccurate spin be placed upon the topic",
as well as "not wanting a misrepresentation of the facts to go without
a balancing, differing opinion".

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 22nd 03, 03:52 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Hans Kohb" wrote in message
news:d637413962fc29c05122efcd088c4126.128005@mygat e.mailgate.org...
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote

*****
I particularly love that last paragraph .. they're finally moving from
the past into, at least, the present.

Carl - wk3c

Carl,

As you know, I do not support continuing the Morse exam. Other well
meaning people disagree with me and I respect their disagreement.

It is a puzzle to me why you continue to make a point of "rubbing
peoples nose in it". Perhaps "well meaning" doesn't apply in your case.

Hans

Hans,

I simply stated that I "love that paragraph ... etc." ... indicating
that I'm pleased with the IARU Administrative Council's
policy decision.

That is simply a fact (the expression that I'm glad the IARU is
becoming more progressive).

If you *choose* to interpret that as "rubbing peoples' noses in
it" I can't help that.

Carl - wk3c

Old September 22nd 03, 03:56 PM
Clint

Well, Clint, you said it, not me! I'm glad you're starting to see the

light!

73 de Larry, K3LT

I, I see your point.
I will be the absolute BEST driver of a modern internal combustion engine-
driven automobile if I first take a blacksmith's apprenticeship and learn
to shoe a horse.

Yes. Quite logical.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 22nd 03, 05:40 PM
Bob Brock

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 01:57:16 +0000 (UTC), "Hans Kohb"
wrote:

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote

*****
I particularly love that last paragraph .. they're finally moving from
the past into, at least, the present.

Carl - wk3c

Carl,

As you know, I do not support continuing the Morse exam. Other well
meaning people disagree with me and I respect their disagreement.

It is a puzzle to me why you continue to make a point of "rubbing
peoples nose in it". Perhaps "well meaning" doesn't apply in your case.

Hans

No...something along these lines would be "rubbing peoples nose in
it."

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old September 23rd 03, 02:02 AM
Clint

I will be the absolute BEST driver of a modern internal combustion

engine-
driven automobile if I first take a blacksmith's apprenticeship and

learn
to shoe a horse.

Correct again Clint. The better you are at that will make you much better
at changing a tire.

LOL
now THERE'S a stretch.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 23rd 03, 06:34 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

Well, Clint, you said it, not me! I'm glad you're starting to see the

light!

73 de Larry, K3LT

I, I see your point.
I will be the absolute BEST driver of a modern internal combustion engine-
driven automobile if I first take a blacksmith's apprenticeship and learn
to shoe a horse.

Yes. Quite logical.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Well, Clint, that kind of cynicism may seem to be amusing to some, but
just goes to demonstrate a lack of any truly logical argument which
supports your position. Therefore, it, and you, are easily dismissed.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 24th 03, 01:02 AM
Mike Coslo

computron dot net writes:

Well, Clint, you said it, not me! I'm glad you're starting to see the

light!

73 de Larry, K3LT

I, I see your point.
I will be the absolute BEST driver of a modern internal combustion engine-
driven automobile if I first take a blacksmith's apprenticeship and learn
to shoe a horse.

Yes. Quite logical.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Well, Clint, that kind of cynicism may seem to be amusing to some, but
just goes to demonstrate a lack of any truly logical argument which
supports your position. Therefore, it, and you, are easily dismissed.

I don't know about you, Larry, but I like to know a lot about
everything I do. That goes for cars, amateur radio, computers,
housework, history, or whatever. I suspect you feel at least somewhat
this way too. Strange that there is a whole culture built up that
celebrates ignorance.

That's why if my car breaks down on the road, I stand a good chance of
getting it running again, why I know it isn't likely the F.C.C. won't
test me on the design of a 1/4 wave dipole, and why I knew that there
wasn't any special callsigns for non-coded amateurs.

Not that I don't make mistakes, but I don't come into newsgroups acting
as if I know everything either! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 24th 03, 02:49 AM
Frank Todd

computron dot net writes:

[...]

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth to the subject....It's about
time the FCC eradicated this ancient mode of communicaton. The FEDS
even stopped using it...Time for Amateur Radio to do the same!

--
73

Frank K3EKO