Old November 3rd 03, 06:25 AM
Dave VanHorn

just make it worse for every body next thing you know
they'll require a digatal id on all transmitters or they'll be
terrorist and arrested without due process.

I take it you haven't heard of transmitter fingerprinting then?
http://www.motron.com/TransmitterID.html

Old November 3rd 03, 07:19 AM
Brainbuster

Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote in message
. ..
Twistedhed wrote in message

Don't wrap yourself up in that "free spirit" crap. You're
breaking the law and disrupting the use of the spectrum.

They are also forging and muck stirring... that was not "Twistedhed" and it
did not come through WebTV as the person would have you think...

These people are purposely forging and cross posting in an attempt
to start flame wars and Ham vs CB wars.
Sometimes they post messages against illegal use, other times they post
messages praising it - using different names and forges. It's just a
childish game.

Regards,

Peter.

Old November 3rd 03, 03:02 PM
N8WWM

Rules are made to be broken, even the Rain Report can't stop me!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=n8... le.com&rnum=8

N8WWM guilty of FCC violations. According to the FCC, N8WWM, Dog Adair
committed several violations over the air at the expense of the Toledo
Amateur Radio Club by utilizing their repeater to break the law. The
amateur club received a warning letter from the FCC concerning Adair's
violations and were told to take steps to make certain the violations
by Adair will not be repeated. Adair not only hurt the entire image of
amateur radio with his inexcusable behavior, but damaged the
reputation of yet another entity trying to further the good of amateur
radio. It's a shame when bad apples like these make it so clubs can't
even trust their own users to abide by the rules they were sworn to
uphold. Adair is also an infamous presence on the internet. A google
search of "N8WWM" reveals a peek into the world of the individual
identified as Adair. In addition to FCC violations, Adair has, in the
past, been accused of being a prolific spammer, breaking several
internet laws and violating several terms of service agreements with
internet providers.

In article . net, Dan/W4NTI
says...

And why does this not surprise me? From a licensed ham, that is supposed to
know the rules and regs. I rest my case.

Go ahead and rant and rave....you know you are wrong.

Better yet WWV, go ahead and operate there.

Dan/W4NTI

"N8WWM" wrote in message
I agree, what's wrong with freebanding?

In article , Twistedhed says...

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware where they
operate and take great measure to ensure against talking on an amateur f
requency or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there, why shouldn't I,
especially if I want to have a nice DX contact with one of them?

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men" off the freqs. Same
analogy as the gun issue...when guns are outlawed only
outlaws will have guns...no, yoo won't find many freebanders lobbying fo
r change to open the freqs because the law as it reads, doesn't bug us.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to folks
that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is these folks
that feel they need a reason why we do what we do, not us.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Sun Nov 2 20:38:59 2003 depuis l'IP : aca3688f.ipt.aol.com [VIP
532284301978]

Old November 3rd 03, 07:19 PM
Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup

Twirted stirs his own muck. He wrote it and he can't retract it:

http://tinyurl.com/thi0

Old November 4th 03, 01:50 AM
jim

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , jim wrote:

snip

better yet, who the hell is the u.s. gov to tell me what is legal or
not?

If you are a US citizen, they are granted that right by the constitution,
and by treaty.

please point out the constitutional section you mentioned.

Article VI.

read the section you mentioned at the cornell website. it pertains to
the u.s. and its environs but no mention of people outside territorial
limits.
the world is a bigger place then what the u.s. dictates....

Old November 4th 03, 02:03 AM
Brenda Ann

"jim" wrote in message

read the section you mentioned at the cornell website. it pertains to
the u.s. and its environs but no mention of people outside territorial
limits.
the world is a bigger place then what the u.s. dictates....

This is so, but you asked specifically what right the US government had to
set regulations, it was stated that if you were a US citizen, it was granted
by the Constitution, and by treaty.

Further, the ITU does have worldwide jurisdiction, and they are the ones who
write the treaties, and every country is a signatory.

Old November 4th 03, 02:45 AM
jim

Brenda Ann wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

read the section you mentioned at the cornell website. it pertains to
the u.s. and its environs but no mention of people outside territorial
limits.
the world is a bigger place then what the u.s. dictates....

This is so, but you asked specifically what right the US government had to
set regulations, it was stated that if you were a US citizen, it was granted
by the Constitution, and by treaty.

we are reading the constitution differently.

Further, the ITU does have worldwide jurisdiction, and they are the ones who
write the treaties, and every country is a signatory.

the itu is good for somethings but when it comes to freebands they have
little or no enforcement capabilities.

Old November 4th 03, 02:50 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , jim wrote:

snip

better yet, who the hell is the u.s. gov to tell me what is legal or
not?

If you are a US citizen, they are granted that right by the constitution,
and by treaty.

please point out the constitutional section you mentioned.

Article VI.

read the section you mentioned at the cornell website. it pertains to
the u.s. and its environs but no mention of people outside territorial
limits.
the world is a bigger place then what the u.s. dictates....

I shouldn't have to quote this twice:

If you are a US citizen......

And again with emphasis added:

=IF= you are a =US=CITIZEN=......

If you are still confused, call Twistedhed's imaginary shrink.

Old November 4th 03, 03:00 AM
jim

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

In , jim wrote:

snip

better yet, who the hell is the u.s. gov to tell me what is legal or
not?

If you are a US citizen, they are granted that right by the constitution,
and by treaty.

please point out the constitutional section you mentioned.

Article VI.

read the section you mentioned at the cornell website. it pertains to
the u.s. and its environs but no mention of people outside territorial
limits.
the world is a bigger place then what the u.s. dictates....

I shouldn't have to quote this twice:

If you are a US citizen......

And again with emphasis added:

=IF= you are a =US=CITIZEN=......

If you are still confused, call Twistedhed's imaginary shrink.

why are you so hung up on twisty?