Old November 2nd 03, 07:38 PM
Twistedhed

Default Why We Freeband

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware where they
operate and take great measure to ensure against talking on an amateur f
requency or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there, why shouldn't I,
especially if I want to have a nice DX contact with one of them?

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men" off the freqs. Same
analogy as the gun issue...when guns are outlawed only
outlaws will have guns...no, yoo won't find many freebanders lobbying fo
r change to open the freqs because the law as it reads, doesn't bug us.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to folks
that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is these folks
that feel they need a reason why we do what we do, not us.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Sun Nov 2 20:38:59 2003 depuis l'IP : aca3688f.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old November 2nd 03, 07:59 PM
N8WWM

I agree, what's wrong with freebanding?

In article , Twistedhed says...

Old November 2nd 03, 09:11 PM
Dan/W4NTI

And why does this not surprise me? From a licensed ham, that is supposed to
know the rules and regs. I rest my case.

Go ahead and rant and rave....you know you are wrong.

Better yet WWV, go ahead and operate there.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 2nd 03, 09:20 PM
Randy

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...
And why does this not surprise me? From a licensed ham, that is supposed

know the rules and regs. I rest my case.

Go ahead and rant and rave....you know you are wrong.

Better yet WWV, go ahead and operate there.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, you took the bait...hook, line, sinker, and boat.

Old November 2nd 03, 09:29 PM

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Organized, long term freebanders are very aware where they
operate and take great measure to ensure against talking on an amateur f
requency or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there, why shouldn't I,
especially if I want to have a nice DX contact with one of them?

I've been a so-called "freebander" since the late sixties but rarely for DX.
The primary reason I talked outside of allotted frequencies was for privacy
or to contact a specific distant station I wouldn't normally hear on the
allotted band. We used to run Ch. 16 -5khz down and 15A a RC Channel running
slightly above stock power on 3-4 element directional and easily talk 75-100
miles. I spoke all over the world with better than 1000 confirmed QSL
contacts from a slightly peaked Golden Eagle Mark III/IV running through a 4
beam element at 60 feet from Central NJ.

Old November 2nd 03, 09:36 PM
JJ

Twistedhed wrote:

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware where they
operate and take great measure to ensure against talking on an amateur f
requency or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there, why shouldn't I,
especially if I want to have a nice DX contact with one of them?

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men" off the freqs. Same
analogy as the gun issue...when guns are outlawed only
outlaws will have guns...no, yoo won't find many freebanders lobbying fo
r change to open the freqs because the law as it reads, doesn't bug us.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to folks
that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is these folks
that feel they need a reason why we do what we do, not us.

You really are not very good at forgery, twit.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:20 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Twistedhed wrote in message ...

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men" off the freqs. Same
analogy as the gun issue...when guns are outlawed only
outlaws will have guns...no, yoo won't find many freebanders lobbying fo
r change to open the freqs because the law as it reads, doesn't bug us.

There's a big difference here, Buckaroo, and that is firearms are
LEGAL in most places in the United States.

The ILLEGAL use of a firearm is a felony.

Your operating of a radio transmitter on unauthorized frequencies
is ILLEGAL...PERIOD. It's NOT a "freedom" thing.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to folks
that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is these folks
that feel they need a reason why we do what we do, not us.

You're right..."...No rationalization is even needed..." It's
against the law for good reasons, the most significant being that you
have "stolen" those frequencies from other users of the spectrum who
are now forced to do thier business else where. That's expensive, and
sometimes it's dangerous.

If it were limited to 11 meters, it probably wouldn't be an
issue, but the "freebander blight" is spreading out to the Maritime
frequencies, both HF and VHF, military frequencies, and other business
users, among others.

I am persoanlly aware of numerous "interruptions" of traffic due
to some ignoramus trying to "break in" for a "signal report" on
military frequencies and Civil Air Patrol's frequencies.

Don't wrap yourself up in that "free spirit" crap. You're
breaking the law and disrupting the use of the spectrum.

Steve Robeson, K4YZ
Old November 2nd 03, 11:31 PM
Twistedhed

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...f&selm=23079-3
CAB2151-7%40storefull-2315.public.lawson.webtv.net

Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Mon Nov 3 00:31:45 2003 depuis l'IP : ac8ede79.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old November 2nd 03, 11:32 PM
sideband

Gotta be a forgery.

-SSB