Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 29th 03, 12:29 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
et...
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:30:17 -0600, Kim W5TIT wrote:

Speaking of which, the FCC needs to update the whole section on ham radio
R&R. ESPECIALLY the Basis and Purpose. That portion is so far removed

from
the spirit and letter of reasons why people are in ham radio these days,

and
that's a pity of course--but a reality nevertheless.

I have a brilliant solution for you, Kim.

Draft a document called a Petition for Rule Making and in it say:

I request that Part 97 of the FCC Rules and Regulations be amended
to read as follows:

and then write what YOU think the exact wording of each section that
you want changes should say. Add to that the reasons for each change
and your standing and qualfications for them to give serious
consideration to your request.

Send it to the Secretary of the Commission, original and 11 copies.

Then sit back and wait. I wish you luck.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Oh, no, no, no. I didn't say I want to or would pick up the torch for
change. I've got other irons in the fire dealing with things much closer to
my heart than ham radio...

So, I assume you're of the opinion that even if someone petitioned, it would
not be worth the while?

Kim W5TIT