Old January 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , "Scott"
writes:

A heart felt thank you to all that replied.

I guess my opinion that "Amateur Radio Service is not an essential element
in our society" was incorrect. I appreciate all that took the time to show
me where I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Only in THIS venue, Scott.

In THIS venue, all the pro-code newsgroupies require all to think,
act, do, behave, and moralize as they do.

Radio and electronics is still fascinating
to me and I've explored a lot of it in the course of a half century.
Been in lots more of the EM spectrum than nearly all of these
rigid pure moralists in here. Never used morse code in all that time,
never had to. Used many more modes and modulations than are
allowed to amateurs. That's not enough!

Your "exploration" has been as a paid employee, never being
allowed to use the "radio" as AMATEURS use thiers.

That's the way it is done in professional work. :-)

However, for casual "ragchews," I've used CB...perfectly legal to
do so without any morse knowledge or needing a ham license.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Stebe, with all the wealth of "engineering
experience" as a paid employee (purchasing agent, less than
half a year total) thinks that "exploration" at work (usuall
known as R&D or Research and Development) is not really any
"exploration." That may be because all of his vaunted amateur
experience has used modes and modulations and equpment
already done? :-)

That you never used Morse Code is not germane. Millions of other
radio users never use it either. So what?

Test element 1 is still present in the U.S. amateur radio license
examination regulations. That requires demonstration of morse code
proficiency.

Hang in there, Scott. Pander to the would-be "authority wanna-bes"
if you have to...but GO YOUR OWN WAY. Be your own man, not
a puppet of those who dictate what you can do, what you shall
enjoy, what you must do to please them.

Independent thought is GOOD!

Independent thought IS good, as long as it is LENNIE'S
independent thought.

Incorrect. When I said "independent," I meant it in the complete
sense, not some inappropriate, semantically-incorrect, emotionally-
loaded form by Stebe the wonder marine.

The "regulars" of this forum are, for the most
part, life long Amateur Radio operators with the experience in AMATEUR
RADIO to know of which they speak.

Yes, all must do as those olde-tymers say. They ARE the "amateur
community" and run it, morals and all. :-)

All of them got into amateur radio so long ago that only anthropologists
can find the applicable radio regulations of their day. :-)

Leonard H. Anderson, retired from regular hours engineer, is a
known pathological liar and newsgroup antagonist.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Stebe froths at the mouth and does the personal-
insult bit again. :-)

His rage and anger might qualify as one of the wonders of the world!

Perhaps in Stebe's never-never fantasyland, his "medicine" defines
"pathology" as the study of a "disease" and that anyone who does
not think as Dr. Killgore thinks is thus suffering a disease? Must be.

Here in the present reality, there are differing OPINIONS, not "lies."

I don't have to lie about anything in my electronics-radio career. It's
all open and referencible (except for things covered by industrial
trade secrets and non-disclosure agreements). I actually worked IN
HF communications beginning nearly 51 years ago...and have been
in communications with another member of my Battalion who does
have a current amateur radio license. What was done in HF comm
a half century ago is still being done today.

That he felt compelled to post this "defense" of HIS "career" in
this forum without having actually been a part of the thread is only
further evidence of his own self-appreciating, "me first" personality
and his total arrogance towards the very CONCEPT of Amateur Radio and
those who praticipate in it.

Poor baby. Tripped on his own drool and fell down...pounding on the
floor with his fists, unable to get up.

All that rage and anger and hate just from wanting to eliminate the
morse code test requirement?

Strange to associate "concept of amateur radio" as being all about
morse code testing.

Stebe's alternate reality must be a strange one indeed. Let's not go
there.

LHA / WMD
Old January 20th 04, 12:02 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

Your "exploration" has been as a paid employee, never being
allowed to use the "radio" as AMATEURS use thiers.

That's the way it is done in professional work.

Yet you still seem to ahve a problem understanding the difference
between AMATEUR Radio and all otehr forms of radio...You continue to
think Amateur Radio should be like them, when Part 97 specifically
lays out what it wants Amateur Radio to be.

However, for casual "ragchews," I've used CB...perfectly legal to
do so without any morse knowledge or needing a ham license.

And considering the character and content of most "ragchews" I
ahve heard on 11 meters, I'd say that you were right in your element,
Lennie.

That you never used Morse Code is not germane. Millions of other
radio users never use it either. So what?

Test element 1 is still present in the U.S. amateur radio license
examination regulations. That requires demonstration of morse code
proficiency.

Again...so what? You are still not a licensee in the Amateur
Radio Service, therefore it is absolutely of no consequence to you.

Hang in there, Scott. Pander to the would-be "authority wanna-bes"
if you have to...but GO YOUR OWN WAY. Be your own man, not
a puppet of those who dictate what you can do, what you shall
enjoy, what you must do to please them.

Independent thought is GOOD!

Independent thought IS good, as long as it is LENNIE'S
independent thought.

Incorrect. When I said "independent," I meant it in the complete
sense, not some inappropriate, semantically-incorrect, emotionally-
loaded form by Stebe the wonder marine.

Or in other words, YOUR "independent" thought, ie your OPINIONS
are more valuable since they are contrary to someone elses...uh huh...

Leonard H. Anderson, retired from regular hours engineer, is a
known pathological liar and newsgroup antagonist.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Stebe froths at the mouth and does the personal-
insult bit again.

It's not an insult if it's true, Lennie.

You've been caught lying over and over.

You are knee deep in a newsgroup for which you have expressed NO
interest in being a proactive participate except to rant in this
forum...THAT makes you an antagonist.

Here in the present reality, there are differing OPINIONS, not "lies."

When you make an assertion that is determined to not be true,
THAT is a lie.

YOU have been caught lying on MORE than one occassion.

Strange to associate "concept of amateur radio" as being all about
morse code testing.

No, Lennie, YOU are the one with the "morse code testing"
fixation.

You are the one who cannot discuss ANY Amateur Radio topic
without interjecting it.

Still sucks to be you, Lennie. You're still a putz.

Steve, K4YZ
Old January 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Stebe, suffering yet another Powerful Marine Syndrome attack) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , "Scott"
writes:

A heart felt thank you to all that replied.

I guess my opinion that "Amateur Radio Service is not an essential element
in our society" was incorrect. I appreciate all that took the time to show
me where I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Only in THIS venue, Scott.

In THIS venue, all the pro-code newsgroupies require all to think,
act, do, behave, and moralize as they do.

I'm coming up on my 51st anniversary of putting a 1 KW transmitter
on the air trans-Pacific.

It wasn't YOUR station, Lennie...It was a facility of the United
States Army.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...still sore and pished because I had the opportunity
while in my military service yet you did not?

ADA was operating in liason to the Far East Command Hq that
served all U.S. forces in the Far East of the time. Established in
1946 as the 71st Signal Service Battalion, my Army unit operated
(and was entirely responsible for) the primary communications of
the FEC. Yes, it was an ARMY station...the USMC was too small
to handle the task.

However, when the new Income Tax laws were passed to apply to
military service members, I became about as direct a taxpayer as
possible to "own" a part of that station. :-)

[Stebe is guaranteed to pick up on that paragraph and reply to it
with as much vitriol and spite that his few neurons can conjure up]

They could have just as easily made you a diesel
mechanic...Perhaps then you would have been harrassing the
professional truck drivers.

No, the Army could NOT "do that as easily." I was sent to the
Fort Monmouth Signal School for several months of microwave
radio relay training after Basic. Diesel mechanics were trained
in several other school locations.

ADA did have several "diesel mechanics" for the emergency
electrical power generation (old site) and continuous electrical
power generation (new site at Kashiwa). Normal for 24/7
operation.

Several of the ADA transmitter team were licensed to drive Army
vehicles, myself included...Jeep, 3/4 ton truck, 2 1/2 ton truck.
No problem since all those already were licensed to drive in the
various states and only required familiarization courses on the
military vehicles. The Battalion did emply "professional vehicle
drivers," all Japanese nationals, but none to my knowledge every
"harrassed them."

Army manuals and a Senior NCO told you what to do and how to do
it. They gave you an FM or TM (or the equivelent of the period) and
said "do this".

"FM" is still the common term for Field Manual which covers large
subjects. "TM" is still the common term for Technical Manual which
goes into specific detail on equipment.

ADA had only one complete copy of the TM on the (standard
pre-WW2 design) BC-339 and some reproduced schematics. That
was the basic "1 KW" transmitter in RTTY service. The 339 was a
sturdy machine and simple to operate, easy to maintain, even if
built on "battleship style" (heavy, about 7 feet tall) with many
designed-in safety features. Neither the BC-339 nor the BC-340
(10 KW amplifier and power supply for 339) nor the Press Wireless
PW-15 (15 KW RTTY) nor the Western Electric LD-T2 (4 KW PEP
SSB, commercial) were taught in Army Signal Schools. All of us
at ADA learned "on the job" since none of the equipment was taught
in any signal schools, any branch.

Yes, "senior NCOs taught us" and said "do this." This is normal in
a work environment were supervisors also teach and say "do that."
Somehow you find that deplorable?

Biggie wow. We are soooooooooo impressed that YOU were able to
follow instructions "putting a 1KW transmitter on the air
trans-Pacific".

Considering that none of us newbies at ADA had operated an HF
transmitter at 1 KW, there was only the on-the-job-training to do
and follow instructions. Took my particular newbie group about an
hour of M/Sgt Ouye's time in February, 1953, including questions
and answers, and review of procedures for the station.

The BC-339 was about as "complicated" as any amateur radio
transmitter got in 1953 (it have been designed before 1940) and
included an antenna tuner. Not a biggie, true, but none of us
needed any "license" to operate it nor did we have to know morse
code. :-) It is a personal biggie when it hasn't been done before.
Keeping everything operating 24/7, knowing procedures for QSYs
and confirming frequencies, upping and downing circuits,
confirming the TTY signal quality, setting the FSK exciters,
doing maintenance on equipment, keeping the radio relay (VHF,
UHF) equpment running, keeping the wireline/radio "carrier"
equipment running was all part of the job...learned on-site since
we could not "go to school" on it nor read about it in QST for an
"education." :-)

I learned all that was required (and more) on-the-job and later
became an "NCO" who said "do this (or that)." :-)

That was all before Stebe was born. It must make him very angry
and furious that anyone actually did those things before his life
experience began.

I've omitted any previous mention of Stebe's fury and indignance that
I should ever honor the men of my Battalion. He demanded that I
stop, saying it was all for personal glory in this newsgroup. Tsk, tsk.

I still honor the men and women of my Battalion, knowing the history
from first unit formation to changes through today. I am proud of
what I did, of my fellow signalmen for "getting the messages
through." We did it. It's on record, including two Presidential Unit
Citations. Callsign ADA still exists, now that of U.S. Army Pacific
Headquarters at Fort Shafter, Hawaii.

LHA / WMD

Old January 20th 04, 12:34 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Stebe, suffering yet another Powerful Marine Syndrome attack) writes:

It wasn't YOUR station, Lennie...It was a facility of the United
States Army.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...still sore and pished because I had the opportunity
while in my military service yet you did not?

But I did, Lennie. Had fun, too, but it still wasn't MY station
(save for being NCOIC of the facility)...It was the Marine Corps', and
they provided more than adequate instruction on how it was to be set
up and what they expected from it.

Therein lies the difference between you and I...

ADA was...(SNIPPED)

Yadayadayada...same old drivvel.

They could have just as easily made you a diesel
mechanic...Perhaps then you would have been harrassing the
professional truck drivers.

No, the Army could NOT "do that as easily." I was sent to the
Fort Monmouth Signal School for several months of microwave
radio relay training after Basic. Diesel mechanics were trained
in several other school locations.

And the Army COULD have sent you to diesel mechanic school, jst as
easily as the USMC could have sent me to it...It's thier game.

ADA did have several...(SNIPPED)

Yadayadayada...

More ranting on about a 1950's era event that has NO relevence to
MODERN Amateur Radio.

Yes, "senior NCOs taught us" and said "do this." This is normal in
a work environment were supervisors also teach and say "do that."
Somehow you find that deplorable?

Absolutely not.

YOU do, however, since you have, on several occasions, tried to
insinusate that YOU set up a "KW trans-Pacific" radio station on the
Army's behalf.

I learned all that was required (and more) on-the-job and later
became an "NCO" who said "do this (or that)."

Congratuations.

That was all before Stebe was born. It must make him very angry
and furious that anyone actually did those things before his life
experience began.

Nope. Not at all.

What I find FUNNY is that you repeatedly try to insinuate that
YOU were somehow singlehandedly responsible for all of the
accomplishments at ADA.

Shall we revist YOUR assertion of how you passed "1.2 million
messages"...?!?!

I still honor the men and women of my Battalion, knowing the history
from first unit formation to changes through today. I am proud of
what I did, of my fellow signalmen for "getting the messages
through." We did it. It's on record, including two Presidential Unit
Citations. Callsign ADA still exists, now that of U.S. Army Pacific
Headquarters at Fort Shafter, Hawaii.

People do not Honor their comrades-in-arms by trying to make it
appear as though THEY were the sole reason the US Army Signal Corps
was able to pass HF radio traffic in the 1950's.

And people do not Honor thier comrades-in-arms by trying to
garner newsgroup message points by trying to associate THIER Army
"career" with the blood shed by soldiers KIA three years before they
were in-theater.

Lennie...The only person you try to "honor" is yourself, and
you've already proven that THAT is a waste of energy.

Steve, K4YZ
Old January 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Stebe Robeson, in his period and needing attention) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , "Scott"
writes:

A heart felt thank you to all that replied.

I guess my opinion that "Amateur Radio Service is not an essential element
in our society" was incorrect. I appreciate all that took the time to show
me where I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Only in THIS venue, Scott.

In THIS venue, all the pro-code newsgroupies require all to think,
act, do, behave, and moralize as they do.

A blatant lie from someone who finds it easy to lie.

I've been trying to get a word in on the SUBJECT of morse code
testing and have been a constant target of character assassination
by these pro-code newsgroupies. No "civil debate" possible in that
cacophony of code.

Another lie. The subject has been "debated", discussed and
dissected until all are nauseous of the topic anymore.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, still the unoriginal non-debate non-technique. Such
is beyond trite and worn-out.

Stebe once more indicates intense hatred and rage against one
person. He needs Anger Management Therapy. Immediately.

Opinions not in line with Stebe's Beliefs in his fantasyland are,
in his mind, "lies." Strange stuff.

Unfortunately, there are no dictionaries published on definitions
of Stebe's unreality.

That Lennie has nothing else to discuss as it pertains to Amateur
Radio should be a clue to those new to this forum that would be swayed
by his "debating style".

Tsk, tsk, tsk, still trying that old ploy, senior gunnery nurse?

A reminder: In THIS reality, this newsgroup is open, unmoderated
and there are no raddio kopps at the doorway to check for
proper credentials of amateurism. Stebe is a mighty amateur in
radio...as well as in human society.

You've taken grand liberty with the term "literary license" and
have grossly abused any sense of social propriety so many times that
your name is synonomous with "liar" and "antagonist".

Tsk, tsk, tsk...there you go again, confusing your unreality with the
rest of the world.

No "literary license" is required in here, amateur or professional.
Acknowledging the existance of true reality (as opposed to your
fantasyland) is a requirement for rational discourse. You do not
exhibit rational discourse, therefore you've lost your "license."

Ergo, Stebe is just (vainly) trying to sugar-coat very ordinary
personal insults of the hatred kind. That doesn't work...except
that Stebe is too wrapped up in his personal fantasyland to
acknowledge that others think differently.

AMATEUR Radio, Lennie...You have exactly zero-point-zero minutes
of experience in AMATEUR Radio. No one, repeat NO one in this forum
denies that the technology and propagation of radio waves is any
different in any other radio service.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...in Stebe's fantasyland, those who want to get into
amateur radio must also "have experience in amateur radio?" That
would make their experience illegal. The FCC would not grant
amateur licenses to those who have done illegal radio operation.

Perhaps's Stebe thinks the amateur radio "service" is like the USMC.
One does not need to know anything as a "recruit." The Dill Sergeant
will explain all to them, spit insults in their faces, give them extra
punishment for misbehavior (such as sassing the Dill Instructor).
All to break them down first, then "rebuild" them into patriotic robots
"for the corps, God, and country."

Amateur radio is a technical hobby, a recreational pursuit (for fun)
that requires licensing due to the nature of transmission of RF
energy. It is not a military service. It is not a government service.

Reminder reprise: This newsgroup is open, unmoderated. No
authoritiy is automatically granted to the enraged, hysterical, or
upset fantasylanders attempting something like squatter's rights.
All they end up doing is squatting.

It's the PRACTICE and the APPLICATION of the technology that
makes the difference.

Of course it does, senior amateur gunnery nurse. Simply making
a number of legal regulations and calling it something else changes
the technology into a glorious wonderland of physics that needs
long, arduous study and much time in grade to comprehend. No.

You are exhibiting an erroneous false Belief System again. The
nature of RF transmission energy requires (by law) regulation. In
the USA this is done (by a law of Congress) through the FCC for
civil radio. The FCC grants amateur radio licenses (not the
"amateur community"). An FCC-granted amateur radio license is
not an academic accreditation, not a diploma, not a certificate of
some excellence in radio. A license is just a regulatory tool.

You are wrapping yourself in imaginary glory by winding that
license around your personna, falsely puffing up patriotism of
a federal license as somehow enobling yourself. You are not
"better than non-licensees" for having an amateur license, you are
simply authorized by the federal government to transmit certain
RF energy at certain frequencies using certain modes and
modulations all given in federal regulations.

You WANT (desperately) to be "better than others" for having that
federal authorization and become enraged when others do not
respect your glorious and noble achievement...forgetting that your
other actions as a human being are deplorable, even despicable.

Anyone venturing into this newsgroup is as open and vulnerable to
opinion attack as any other. There is no Special Dispensation for
the supposed magics of a high license. You cannot negate
opposite opinions by using a lot of false insults, acting the outraged
bigoted bully, all in insulting the person rather than the subject.

Opposite opinions exist. They do not go away. Physical force
and coercion will not stop them. They are not "lies" no matter how
many times you call opposite opinions for "lies." In order to remove
the self-applied-through-response despicability, you must try to
concentrate on the subject, not the person making the opinion
statements.

My opinion is that none of the above will have any effect on Stebe.
He will continue to vent rage and fury on certain individuals because
that is the only tactic available to bullies. But, it needs to be said
once in a while... :-)

LHA / WMD

Old January 20th 04, 12:42 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Stebe Robeson, in his period and needing attention) writes:

Opinions not in line with Stebe's Beliefs in his fantasyland are,
in his mind, "lies." Strange stuff.

Assertions made without validation of proof are lies.

You have been caught lying...over and over.

A reminder: In THIS reality, this newsgroup is open, unmoderated
and there are no raddio kopps at the doorway to check for
proper credentials of amateurism. Stebe is a mighty amateur in
radio...as well as in human society.

You're right about one thing...there is no validation of
credentials...save to cross reference federal databases.

As of this moment, you do not hold a station license in ANY radio
service, nor are you a licensed Amateur Radio operator.

AMATEUR Radio, Lennie...You have exactly zero-point-zero minutes
of experience in AMATEUR Radio. No one, repeat NO one in this forum
denies that the technology and propagation of radio waves is any
different in any other radio service.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...in Stebe's fantasyland, those who want to get into
amateur radio must also "have experience in amateur radio?"

Nice try.

Perhaps's Stebe thinks the amateur radio "service" is like the USMC.

Nope. That's YOUR scthick, Lennie.

You WANT (desperately) to be "better than others" for having that
federal authorization and become enraged when others do not
respect your glorious and noble achievement...forgetting that your
other actions as a human being are deplorable, even despicable.

In this case I AM better than YOU for having done it,
Lennie...That includes over 30+ years of experience in the topic that
we are addressing...AMATEUR Radio.

My opinion is that none of the above will have any effect on Stebe.
He will continue to vent rage and fury on certain individuals because
that is the only tactic available to bullies. But, it needs to be said
once in a while.

There is no "affect" to be had, Lennie.

I am not the one in a newsgroup of which I have no practical
experience...Nor do I pretend that some experience in another related
field somehow means I DO know more than those who ARE involved.

You are the bully here, Lennie.

A lying, antagonistic one. Sucks to be you...again.

Steve, K4YZ
Old January 20th 04, 08:17 PM
Daniel J. Morlan

"Scott" wrote in message ...
Hi folks.

Please allow me to give a "newbies" view on the current state of amateur
radio, and also ask a few questions.

I recently took my Technicians License exam and passed with a perfect score.
(I bring up the score just to indicate that I studied hard, and took the
exam seriously). I am now studying to take the 5wpm mores code test. I have
not yet purchased a radio, or even been "on the air". More on this is a
moment.

I have also joined a local radio club, whose first meeting I attended last
night. This club owns and maintains the local 2m repeater, and even though
it is an open repeater, if nothing else, I feel as though by joining, I am
helping to support a service which I plan on eventually using.

But what disappoints me is the fact that I left this meeting knowing
absolutely no more than I did when I walked into the door. I had been led to
believe that one of the best ways for a new guy just becoming involved in
this hobby to get practical advice on things like your first purchase of
equipment, which bands are best for what, and the different applications of
amateur radio, was to join a club. Well, unfortunately, the majority of the
meeting I attended was, in my opinion, controlled by a group of 7 or 8 ham
"veterans" trying to impress one another with their technical knowledge.

So, I guess what I would like to do here is give my views on what I have
seen so far, and invite anyone who is more informed on these matters to
correct me.

1) The Amateur Radio Service is not an essential element in our society.
Even in times of emergency, there is nothing you can do with a ham radio
that you can't do with an internet connection, fax machine, land line
telephone, or cell phone in similar circumstances. Ham Radio is a hobby, and
like golf, gardening, bird watching, or any other hobby, it could cease to
exist tomorrow, and nothing would really change.

2) To me, the most appealing aspect to Ham Radio is the gaining of
knowledge. Learning the "in's and out's" of all that encompasses Ham Radio o
peration is the true fun, whether it is dx'ing, satellite, CW or whatever.
But, like building a boat in a bottle, or even doing a crossword puzzle, the
satisfaction comes in the steps taken to accomplish the task, not the end
result itself.

3) From all accounts that I have heard, the number of new Amateur licenses
issued has been declining for years. This would tell me that the best way to
save the hobby was to open new Hams with open arms, instead of clinging
white-knuckled to the past (packet radio, morse code etc.) look to the
future, and make it fun.

Thanks for letting me rant folks. Now for some questions.

1) Can anyone point me towards any resources to assist someone brand new to
the hobby? (Stuff like recommendations on the type of equipment to get for
the first time buyer)?

2) Also, any sources to purchase used equipment. I think I would rather buy
more functional used stuff, than new equipment that has less "bells and
whistles".

3) One more thing...I am looking for information on antennas that is geared
to the novice.

Thanks folks.

I am newer than you, but I do have a rig set up, and ready to go when
my callsign is granted. What I've learned so far:

1.) Make sure you have what you'll need. If you don't operate from a
car, and you want a mobile rig, make sure you've bought your 13.8V DC
Power supply. I used up every penny getting this bugger ready to go,
and I found I needed the following:

2M Mobile Radio (I got an Icom v8000)
Diamond X-50 2M Antenna
50' 52-Guage Coax
A pair of "banana plugs"
A pair of 50 ohm Coax plugs
A soldering Iron
Solder
A mono-stereo 8 Ohm converter (for earphones) I am very hearing
impaired. I have only 20% hearing in my left ear, 25% in my right
Both ears is good. (As far as listening goes)
Coax crimper
Wire cutter/stripper

Make sure you'll know EVERYTHING you'll need. I spent $150.00 more
than I thought I'd have to getting started. Total price tag for me
was $400.00. YMMV.

2.) You'll pretty much have to get on the air and ask, but ask
PREPARED TO UNDERSTAND! KNOW what it is you want to know, and go from
there. Nothing irritates ANYONE more than someone randomly asking
unrelated questions, and not grasping what's being told to them. If
you're transmitting with hum or static, they'll let you know. I don't
speak from personal experience, but by listening to the 2M repeater.

3.) Have fun, be polite, and follow the rules of transmission and
you'll learn sooner rather than later whether or not you want to move
forward in this hobby.

My ultra-newbie two cents worth.

With all respects,

73

DJM
Old January 20th 04, 09:45 PM
KØHB

"Daniel J. Morlan" wrote

I am newer than you, but I do have a rig set up, and ready to go when
my callsign is granted. What I've learned so far:

I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Dan is still waiting on his callsign, but he's
already being an Elmer!

Welcome aboard Dan. You are a breath of fresh air around here.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Do these things exist? Richard Homebrew 8 February 15th 04 04:28 PM
Do these things exist? Richard Homebrew 0 February 13th 04 10:04 PM
A Newbies View On Things Scott General 6 January 18th 04 10:41 PM
France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. Clint Policy 3 October 12th 03 05:21 AM