Old February 5th 04, 01:38 AM
JJ

Robert Casey wrote:

:-)

Then her and kimmy can be "bosom" buddies, pun intended.

Old February 5th 04, 01:48 AM
Robert Casey

Default janet jackson to get ham license "K6TIT"

:-)

Old February 6th 04, 03:17 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

:-)

I think the call WH0RE fits her better.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old February 6th 04, 02:13 PM
Leo

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:45:29 GMT, Leo wrote:

On 06 Feb 2004 03:17:13 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

:-)

I think the call WH0RE fits her better.

snip

Oh yeah, almost forgot - I was going to suggest N1PLE, but it looks
like some guy in Massachusetts got that one first

73, Leo

Old February 6th 04, 03:26 PM
Mike Coslo

Leo wrote:
On 06 Feb 2004 03:17:13 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

:-)

I think the call WH0RE fits her better.

An article in today's Toronto Star, which covers our amusement with
the Janet Jackson issue pretty well! Double standards abound......

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1076022610517

Here is my take on the whole thing, Leo. Ms Jackson is free to expose
herself under appropriate circumstances. If she wants to do a dance
routine and have Justin Timberlake tear off part of her outfit. That is
also okay - tho she might want to use a less weird presentation.

There are appropriate television venues for that, such as HBO, Cinemax,
etc. Late night TV kind of stuff.

But not on the super bowl halftime show. Not on Teletubbies or Barney
or Blues Clues or fishing shows. Those just aren't the places for that
sort of thing. Even my favorite, the History channel, has some shows
that deal with sex and show nudity. They put them on late at night when
the kids are in bed, and any viewing is strictly voluntary. No one harmed.

For some reason, some people don't want to watch simulated kinky sex
while their kids are watching the same.

Everything in it's time and place, and the superbowl isn't the time or
place IMO.

The NFL has been trying to pander to a different audience the last few
years. I remember when a sb halftime show was put on by "Up With
People", of all things. Now it's simulated intercourse and exposed body
parts. yawn.

I hope they realize that the "edgy" stuff was a miserable failure for
the XFL.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 6th 04, 04:18 PM
Leo

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:26:10 -0500, Mike Coslo
wrote:

Leo wrote:
On 06 Feb 2004 03:17:13 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

:-)

[...]

Actually, Mike, I don't disagree with you at all - what she did was
quite inappropriate for the venue. But it ain't really that big a
deal....

Read the article that I referenced, if you have time - it presents an
interesting perspective on what tends to constitute "obscenity". Sex
bad, violence good - you know. And, as always, Jack Nicholson's
comment is priceless

Example - I watched a bit of "Full Metal Jacket" on TBS a while back.
While all of the profanity and sexual references had been 'sanitized',
most of the gore and violence remained (it was funny, though, to see
Sgt. Hartman saying "Darn" and "Heck" and such, even though his lips
clearly had other intentions...).

Where did society get the mistaken impression that sex is bad, but
violence is OK? Is that really what we want to teach our children?

Not me!

73, Leo
Old February 6th 04, 05:39 PM
Mike Coslo

wrote:

Leo wrote:

On 06 Feb 2004 03:17:13 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

:-)

[...]

Ahh, smilin' Jack. Gotta admit, he's honest. Probably says what most of
us want to say and don't have the cojones for. See his comments re
Brittany Spears in GQ!

Example - I watched a bit of "Full Metal Jacket" on TBS a while back.
While all of the profanity and sexual references had been 'sanitized',
most of the gore and violence remained (it was funny, though, to see
Sgt. Hartman saying "Darn" and "Heck" and such, even though his lips
clearly had other intentions...).

Darn good movie that! I don't watch a lot of movies with violence in
them, but that one was worth it. I couldn't imagine it without the
profanity, though.

Where did society get the mistaken impression that sex is bad, but
violence is OK? Is that really what we want to teach our children?

Dunno! I don't allow kids to watch the nasty violent stuff either. I'm
talking about stuff like FMJ.As good as the movie was, it was plenty
disturbing. Three Stooges are fine, as well as the other tame stuff.
Normal kids are fully capable of figuring out that when Moe hits curly
on the head with a pipe wrench, and it makes a sound like a hammer
hitting a frying pan, or when Bugs bunny blows up daffy duck, and
Daffy's bill is then upside down and on the back of his head, that's all
just fun.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 6th 04, 08:03 PM
Leo

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:39:19 -0500, Mike Coslo
wrote:

Dunno! I don't allow kids to watch the nasty violent stuff either. I'm
talking about stuff like FMJ.As good as the movie was, it was plenty
disturbing. Three Stooges are fine, as well as the other tame stuff.
Normal kids are fully capable of figuring out that when Moe hits curly
on the head with a pipe wrench, and it makes a sound like a hammer
hitting a frying pan, or when Bugs bunny blows up daffy duck, and
Daffy's bill is then upside down and on the back of his head, that's all
just fun.

Sounds safe enough!

!!WARNING - OFF TOPIC MATERIAL FOLLOWS!!

Hmmm - Mike, if you have a high speed internet connection. check out
the following newsgroups:

alt.binaries.multimedia.3-stooges
alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.looneytunes

You can download complete episodes there, which should amuse the
little ones (and you too!) for quite a while. New ones are uploaded to
these groups every day.

And, unlike this group, there are only a total of 6 stooges to be
found!

/offtopic

- Mike KB3EIA -

73, Leo

Old February 6th 04, 09:13 PM
Robert Casey

Where did society get the mistaken impression that sex is bad, but
violence is OK?

Nuns in Catholic grammar school routinely used violence on the kids, but
would
sure be upset about anything vaguely about sex....

Is that really what we want to teach our children?

I wouldn't want to subject kids to the crap I had to endure in said
school.

Is Michael Jackson Innocent? Steve Stone Policy 254 December 26th 03 09:26 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate HF according to FCC Rules JJ General 159 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Hey CBers Help Get rid of Morse Code Test and Requirement Scott Unit 69 Policy 9 August 1st 03 02:08 AM