Old March 15th 04, 04:33 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

You can buy an Orion too, Leonard.

I can also by an H2 and pay cash. Don't care to.

I wouldn't either. What's an H2.

You can think of it as a very expensive SWL receiver.

No, I think of it as an updated version of the defunct Kachina.

Then you'd think incorrectly.

Poor baby, still miffed because I KNOW how SDRs work
and you don't have a clue?

It hasn't been established that you know anything about them. You
couldn't even get the definition of "firmware" straight.

Ah, but you can do 20 wpm and operate! Wow! Blazing along
at 1/3 the speed of an old, obsolete Model 15 Teletype. Go for
it! :-)

I could slow down and do 20 wpm if I chose to do so. Most modern
computer/HF multi-mode controller TTY users still stick with the 45 baud
speed of the old, obsolete Model 15. If I choose to work RTTY, I'll do
so. If I choose to operate using morse, I'll do so. You do what you
can.

Dave K8MN
Old March 15th 04, 04:34 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

I am forte-laden, Leonard. One of mine is that I'm a radio amateur.
You aren't.

Right...I'm a professional radio person and have been since 1952.

Super. It hasn't helped you enter amateur radio, has it?

Dave K8MN
Old March 15th 04, 06:41 PM
Mike Coslo

Dave Heil wrote:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

You can buy an Orion too, Leonard.

I can also by an H2 and pay cash. Don't care to.

I wouldn't either. What's an H2.

The second Generation of the HumVee. I guess that means he has money. I
don't blame him for not wanting to but the H2.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old March 15th 04, 08:16 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

I wouldn't either. What's an H2.

The second Generation of the HumVee. I guess that means he has money. I

don't blame him for not wanting to but the H2.

H2 = "Nomenclature" of the civilian equivalent of the military "HumVee,"
the ultimate SUV. :-) Good for off-road travel as-is, can make a
wonderful military-style mobile rig for ham "service" afficionados. Just
paint it flat olive or desert cammy color and install a huge manual code
key, plus a big "Official Ham Emergency Vehicle" sign on the side
right next to a copy of the mysterious sideways chevron used on all
military vehicles for visual ID.

Bye on the H2, thank you. :-)

Poor lad doesn't know where the Amana Colonies are. Those are in Iowa,
actually a collection of small towns settled by largely German immigrants
in the 1800s. Mostly a tourist enclave, they do have some delicious
midwest eating at many restaurants there...most restaurants having true
"all you can eat" menus with second+ helpings on entrees if you want.
See any AAA Guidebook. If you don't like midwest cooking, just go to
one of several smokehouses there and sample the many sausages.
Good desert wines, too.

Amana ranges are made in the central city (Amana, Iowa). Amana
microwave ovens are assembled in Mexico according to the lables on
our kitchen appliances installed in 2000. Amana bought the "radarange"
trademark and microwave range technology from Raytheon many years
ago.

Okay, now back to poor Mr. Foreign Service snarling and spewing
against those who won't bow and kiss his ring. :-)

LHA / WMD

Old March 15th 04, 10:38 PM
Dave Heil

Mike Coslo wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

You can buy an Orion too, Leonard.

I can also by an H2 and pay cash. Don't care to.

I wouldn't either. What's an H2.

The second Generation of the HumVee. I guess that means he has money. I
don't blame him for not wanting to but the H2.

He'd certainly get more use from the Hummer than he would an amateur
radio transceiver.

Dave K8MN