Old March 22nd 04, 08:16 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: When Was CB Created?
From: (William)
Date: 3/20/2004 7:27 AM Central Standard Time

Len, in your best judgement, would you think that Steve could avail
himself to the services of the USGPO and USPS, learn the truth, then
post a retraction of his statement above?

There's nothing to retract, Brain.

I have no doubt Lennie can recite the words, inside-out even.

But it's just like learning songs in grade school in other languages...You
sing the song, but what did you just say?

Lennie's already demonstrated that he knows the words, but doesn't
understand what he's reading.

I find it interesting that Steve, having supposedly served in seven
hostile actions, never served in a unit with a single KIA, present or
past.

Oh, but I have. I never said that I didn't

Thier sacrifices were thiers to make, and it is upon them that the respect
and dignity should be appreciated.

Scumbag Extrodinaire Leonard H. Anderson thinks it's OK to somehow "use"
someone else's sacrifices to make himself look good.

If you somehow find it "OK" for him to do that, it makes YOU a scumbag
too.

Even though I was in the USAF, I served the Second Infantry Division.
It has a proud history and I was proud to serve it. Though
hostilities were low due to the cease fire of 1954, I would like to
think that having competant armed forces facing the enemy along the
DMZ helped maintain that cease fire.

No doubt it did and still does. That is not at issue.

What's at issue is someone taking credit for something someone else did.

The problem is that U.S. amateur radio is NOT a military service
nor even a paramilitary service. It is basically a hobby, a
recreational activity involving radio. It is, by default, a hobby
because federal regulations forbid monetary compensation for
any radio communications rendered.

Though monetary compensation is forbidden, it often occurs. Some call
them "repeater dues."

Be that as it may, the Amateur Service has been useful and probably
will continue to be useful in emergency communications when other
comms fail.

Well...gee whiz...I guess this is as close as we will ever get to Brain
acknowledging that his "unlicensed services play a major role in emergency
comms".

There is the common thread among the "tribal rule" individuals that
no one unlicensed in amateur radio can possibly know anything
about amateur radio, therefore they should be silent. Preposterous
since U.S. amateur radio activity is widely publicized (among those
who care to find out) and federal regulations forbid any secrecy in
amateur communications.

I've seen it bragged on here that the ARRL Amateur Handbook is found
in professional radio engineers library shelves. Must be a one way
street.

By whom?

No one on the staff of the FCC or the Commissioners themselves
are required to have any amateur radio licenses, yet the FCC has
the lawful duty to regulate amateur radio and mitigate interference
matters, up to and including imposing fines and calling on U.S.
Marshals to arrest extreme miscreants. That rather destroys their
concept that "only other amateurs can tell them what to do."

I hope someone in authority is watching the nutty one. He really
spooks me.

You spook yourself, Brain? Kinda hard making that midnight head call,
isn't it?

Amateur radios operate by exactly the same physics as radios in
all other radio services. Propagation of radio waves occurs in
exactly the same way as for all other radio services. There are
no exceptions despite some odd ideas and strange misconceptions
among certain radio amateurs.

Might be because they do not understand other radio services and think
amateur radio is special.

Amateur Radio IS special.

No other radio service "bestows" the priviledges upon it's licensees that
Part 97 does.

That Lennie continues to try and make some lame argument about how the
physics of radio is diffrent for Amateurs-vs-other radio users is, well...lame!

It is impossible to rationally discuss anything with certain people
(such as Robeson) since they are too emotionally-driven and too
prideful in their concept of their personal hobby involvement. They
must - absolutely - have their way or all are treated to personally
abusive remarks from them.

I tire of him. He's irrational.

No, Brain. That falls to you.

You blatantly utter assertions you claim as fact in a public forum then
claim ofhers as "nuts" or "irrational" when they "call" you to prove them.

I know you won't accept it, but it's yours to live with.

The above is representative of their non-reasoning in demanding a
morse code test for all new amateurs...pure emotional basis on
what they had to endure long ago (and probably resent).

uphill both ways. bb

And I find it even more humorous that you claim me "irrational" and "nuts"
all the while signing posts "billybeeper" when everyone knows who you are.

And WHAT you are...

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
N2EY

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

If someone like him moved next
door to me, I'd give serious thought to planting a "For Sale" sign on my
lawn--or maybe I'd just paint my house lavender and put in a yard full
of pink plastic flamingos.

Did you ever see the John Waters film by that name?

No.

Not for those with weak tummies!

Then again, I was away for a long time.

Glad to have you back, Dave.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old March 23rd 04, 03:09 AM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 3/20/2004 8:43 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
. com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message

...and because it doesn't matter what anything Heil says about me
in here. I'm going to continue posting as *I* see fit and Heil is

just
so much QRM to work through...until the morse code test is
eliminated. Of course, by that time, I might change my mind and
NOT leave.

And as long as what you "see fit" to publish is so flagrantly
abusive and obviously in error, we will take great pleasure in rubbing
your nose (and that of your favorite marionette) in your foolishness.

Steve, tell us again how big Part 97 is. I need a good laugh.

If you need a good laugh, Brain, I'd suggest going back and re-reading
some of the lengthy posts that you and the other pathological liar have flooded
the NG with...Especially those about your skill as a DXer from entities wherein
you were not authorized to operate.

Now you're lying again. Why didn't you put it in your famous
"""quotation marks""" so we'd all know it was yet another lie?

And I don't remember saying how big Part 97 is,

Only because you don't know.

Brain...I said what Lennie
doesn't know about it could fill libraries.

Ever been to a library?

WRT Part 97, what Len may or may not know about Part 97 cannot be
greater than the total volume of Part 97. That happens to be one
small book. One small book cannot fill a single library, let alone
multiple libraries.

Them's the Facts.

Unless the laws of physics work differently for amateur radio.

Try to get THAT straigt too, Putz.

As an arrow.
Old March 23rd 04, 05:46 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (William)
Date: 3/22/2004 9:09 PM Central Standard Time
From:
(William)
Date: 3/20/2004 8:43 PM Central Standard Time
(Len Over 21) wrote in message

Steve, tell us again how big Part 97 is. I need a good laugh.

If you need a good laugh, Brain, I'd suggest going back and

re-reading
some of the lengthy posts that you and the other pathological liar have

flooded
the NG with...Especially those about your skill as a DXer from entities

wherein
you were not authorized to operate.

Now you're lying again. Why didn't you put it in your famous
"""quotation marks""" so we'd all know it was yet another lie?

There's no lie here, Brain.

You've indulged your fantasies in this NG with your exploits in Somalia
without providing one bit of corroborating documentation...not even one
callsign you "worked".

And I don't remember saying how big Part 97 is,

Only because you don't know.

Sure I do. I've pulled the rug out from under Lennie over misquotes or
misinterpretations of Part 97 more than once!

Brain...I said what Lennie
doesn't know about it could fill libraries.

Ever been to a library?

Sure...You ever been to one that had more than one door and a roll of
paper next to your "seat"...?!?!

WRT Part 97, what Len may or may not know about Part 97 cannot be
greater than the total volume of Part 97. That happens to be one
small book. One small book cannot fill a single library, let alone
multiple libraries.

Them's the Facts.

I see...

Only you and Lennie can speak exponentially.

I forgot myself...Please forgive me!

Unless the laws of physics work differently for amateur radio.

Try to get THAT straight too, Putz.

As an arrow.

Hardly. Unless you were AIMING for your foot, that is...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

NPRM and VEC Richard Hoskins General 2 April 21st 04 05:51 AM
BPL NPRM Approved Keith Policy 78 March 4th 04 02:11 AM
BPL NPRM Len Over 21 Policy 5 February 23rd 04 03:15 AM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse coderequirement. D. Stussy Policy 0 July 31st 03 07:12 AM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM