Old May 20th 04, 08:47 AM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
link.net:

"Alun" wrote in message

Back when I was giving CW tests for the license exams I used a key
and a oscillator. So there is your arguement shot down.

Dan/W4NTI

You'll have to do better than that

I understand it is difficult for you to understand how it is to be a
real ham. You know one that knows and uses other modes than phone.

Again you will simply have to learn to deal with that Alun. I am sure
you will find someone out there that will agree, and simpathize with
you and your problem. However, I am not that person.

Have a good day.

Dan/W4NTI

You are the one with the problem
Old May 20th 04, 02:26 PM
KØHB

"Alun" wrote

He said that phone ops are lids in the group. He tried to backtrack on
that, but google preserves his words indefinitely.

I just did a google search on the phrase "phone ops are lids in the
group" and only your message came back. I don't believe Dan said "phone
ops are lids in the group".

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 20th 04, 05:38 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:
"Real ham" = One who abides by 1930s standards and practices

That is incorrect, Leonard. A "real ham" is one who holds an amateur
radio license. You don't. You have no stake whatever in amateur radio.

This is the year 2004, over 6 decades later.

....and despite your self-declared several decades interest in amateur
radio, you have yet to show enough interest to become a participant.

Dave K8MN
Old May 20th 04, 08:27 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:
"Real ham" = One who abides by 1930s standards and practices

That is incorrect, Leonard.

Not in the context of the particular give-and-take with "Real Ham"
Dan. :-)

A "real ham" is one who holds an amateur radio license.

Actually, a "real ham" is the butchered meat of swine. :-)

The FCC regulations don't define "ham" at all. The FDA does.

Why do you persist in all the confusion of colloquialisms?

You don't.

Right!

You have no stake whatever in amateur radio.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. All you want to do in here (which is newsgrouping,
not amateur radio) is drive a stake through any heart that doesn't
beat to the rhythm of classical radiotelegraphy in amateur radio.

Quit trying to play Van Helsing. Hollywood already done a movie
about that and you don't have a part in it. [Hugh Jackman doesn't
have an Aussie ham license either]

This is the year 2004, over 6 decades later.

...and despite your self-declared several decades interest in amateur
radio, you have yet to show enough interest to become a participant.

Oh? Did you miss something in the past six years of messaging
in here? I've been a professional involved with radio and radio
communications. Interesting work. Paid well, too. I've
communicated on frequencies you aren't allowed to as a "licensed
amateur" or even as a State Department government employee.
:-)

Didn't need a bit of manual telegraphy skills or licensing (as an
amateur) to do any of that.

Where is it "written" that I have to demonstrate some "interest in
radio" to the Great Heil?

You DEMAND amateur radio license acquisition in order to state
anything on amateur radio regulations in here.

You should make public your "authorization" to make such demands.

Without that "authorization" you are just another bitchy whining
complainer who can't hack any real discussion beyond the "official"
words on amateur-radio-as-it-used-to-was when you first engaged
in that hobby.

Without that "authorization" you are just another SS-wannabe who
wants nothing more than to fight anyone who doesn't agree with
your "orders" posted on this bulletin board. In other words, just
another disagreeable gunnery nurse (but without bedpan).

Until you show your "authorization," you'll have to discuss it with
the only Real Authority on this newsgroup, Paul Schleck. Hint:
he is a licensed radio amateur of Amateur Extra rank.

What you seem to want this newsgroup to become is just another
Chat Room where like-minded dittyboppers can commiserate in a
mental commisary all about "real hams" (who know and love morse
code) and follow the League's orders explicitly, complete with all
the jargon and standards and practices of 1930's amateur radio.

Meanwhile, this newsgroup is still unmoderated and open to anyone
with Internet access. No doubt you will redouble your efforts to put
down anyone who doesn't think like you do and DEMAND certain
things in order to satisfy your "authorized" orders. Pththththth.

3333333

LHA / WMD
Old May 20th 04, 09:34 PM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:26:51 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote:

I just did a google search on the phrase "phone ops are lids in the
group" and only your message came back. I don't believe Dan said "phone
ops are lids in the group".

73, de Hans, K0HB

For the sake of getting things straight, guys, the statement Dan made
was as follows:

"I actually do consider ALUN a lid. Because he has stated he is a
phone operator ONLY. To me that is a lid."

73 DE John, KC2HMZ
Tonawanda, New York

Old May 20th 04, 11:07 PM
Dan/W4NTI

What happened 'putz'? Did you sneak out of your booby bin again?

Crawl back under your rock. Better yet go somewhere and die.

Dan/W4NTI

"Len Over 21" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

"Alun" wrote in message
. ..

Back when I was giving CW tests for the license exams I used a key

and
a oscillator. So there is your arguement shot down.

Dan/W4NTI

You'll have to do better than that

I understand it is difficult for you to understand how it is to be a real
ham. You know one that knows and uses other modes than phone.

Poor baby. Therapy not coming along well, is it?

"Real ham" = One who abides by 1930s standards and practices

This is the year 2004, over 6 decades later.

Again you will simply have to learn to deal with that Alun. I am sure

you
will find someone out there that will agree, and simpathize with you and
your problem. However, I am not that person.

We can sense your differences. And bigotry. And frustration.

Without the telegraphy test, an Amateur Extra has no real
self-perceived elitism over all other amateurs. It must be a
great blow to self-esteem to face the loss of status and rank.

Have a good day.

Interesting. A Noo Yawker from the "south." :-)

LHA / WMD

Old May 20th 04, 11:08 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
Len Over 21 wrote:
"Real ham" = One who abides by 1930s standards and practices

That is incorrect, Leonard. A "real ham" is one who holds an amateur
radio license. You don't. You have no stake whatever in amateur radio.

This is the year 2004, over 6 decades later.

...and despite your self-declared several decades interest in amateur
radio, you have yet to show enough interest to become a participant.

Dave K8MN

The words out. Whenever he tried to test the people in the white suits and
the butterfly nets got their first.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 20th 04, 11:09 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message

Back when I was giving CW tests for the license exams I used a key
and a oscillator. So there is your arguement shot down.

Dan/W4NTI

You'll have to do better than that

I understand it is difficult for you to understand how it is to be a
real ham. You know one that knows and uses other modes than phone.

Again you will simply have to learn to deal with that Alun. I am sure
you will find someone out there that will agree, and simpathize with
you and your problem. However, I am not that person.

Have a good day.

Dan/W4NTI

You are the one with the problem

Because you say so? I think not.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 20th 04, 11:10 PM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote:

I just did a google search on the phrase "phone ops are lids in the
group" and only your message came back. I don't believe Dan said "phone
ops are lids in the group".

73, de Hans, K0HB

For the sake of getting things straight, guys, the statement Dan made
was as follows:

"I actually do consider ALUN a lid. Because he has stated he is a
phone operator ONLY. To me that is a lid."

73 DE John, KC2HMZ
Tonawanda, New York

And I still say that.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 21st 04, 04:23 AM
Alun

"KØHB" wrote in news:vm2rc.3350$be.3117
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

"Alun" wrote

He said that phone ops are lids in the group. He tried to backtrack on
that, but google preserves his words indefinitely.

I just did a google search on the phrase "phone ops are lids in the
group" and only your message came back. I don't believe Dan said "phone
ops are lids in the group".

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hans, what I meant was he said "phone ops are lids" in the group, not that
he said "phone ops are lids in the group". Obviously I need to spell things
out for you to get it.

Here is his original post (in quotes below):-

From: Dan/W4NTI )
Subject: Morse and Contests

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 2004-05-01 14:32:13 PST

"N2EY" wrote in message
m...

Perhaps someone can explain a certain operating habit I hear on Field
Day - but only one 'phone:

I hear most FD 'phone ops repeating the *received* exchange. That is,
you'll hear:

"November Two Echo Yankee from November Three Kilo Zed, roger your One
Bravo Eastern Pennsylvania, OK on your 1B EPA, please copy my three
alfa ...."

Why do so many deem it necessary to tell me what I just told them?
Heck, I know what class and section I'm in!

On CW, the single letter "R" does the job, and some ops don't even
bother with the R - they send their exchange as an indication that
they got yours. Or they send "TU" - (thank you) which does the job of
"roger" and "73" both.

--

One other point: Neither FD nor SS have the signal report as part of
the contact. FD is callsign, section and class, SS is serial number,

73 de Jim, N2EY

Well Jim, I think it means that phone ops are lids and real hams do it

with
continous wave.

Dan/W4NTI

So now you can all see, he said exactly what I said he did.

Using a Pool Cage As an Antenna? W9zr Antenna 1 November 5th 04 04:18 AM
Use a Pool Cage As An Antenna? W9zr Antenna 0 November 4th 04 09:09 PM
The Pool N2EY Policy 515 February 22nd 04 03:14 AM
From the Extra question pool: The dipole David Robbins General 1 January 23rd 04 05:32 PM
REQ:latest Ham University with curent tech pool willing to share?/sell cheep Equipment 0 November 27th 03 07:15 AM