Old May 26th 04, 03:25 PM
Bada Bing

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

"Alun" wrote in message

Are you Australian?

No. But I have blown several.

Dan/W4NTI

Too much info.

Old May 26th 04, 06:09 PM
N2EY

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

I have repeatedly encouraged you to take the Amateur Technician since it
doesn't require a Morse Code examination.

Why, Steve?

Why do you encourage Mr. Anderson to get an amateur radio license,
given the way he behaves here towards anyone who disagrees with him?
Do you really *want* him to join the ARS?

Mr. Anderson told us way back in January of 2000 (almost 4-1/2 years
ago) that he was "going for Extra right out of the box". Didn't
happen, probably won't happen any time soon, if ever.

The Tech hasn't had a code test in over 13 years and medical waivers
for all code tests except 5 wpm were available in 1990. None of this
is news or any sort of secret. If Mr. Anderson were interested in
being a radio amateur, he would have gotten a license long ago. So
there's only one logical conclusion left.

Do you think that calling him "Lennie" or various versions of "scummy"
or "liar" will change his behavior, or opinions, or get him to admit
any of his many mistakes? Or do you think that maybe, just maybe,
getting *you* to behave in a manner similar to *his* might be one of
his real goals?

I snipped out all of the name calling and insults in the post I
replied to - and there wasn't much left. Nowadays I don't even read
most rrap posts past the first insult. Many I don't read past the
author line.

However you still seem stymied byt the process. Actually, I think it's
because you might have to actually demonstrate your REAL knowledge base...Your
ego wouldn't allow you to expose yourself to the ridicule of failing the test
in a room full of grade school kids who just passed it.

Did it ever occur to you, Steve, that Mr. Anderson could pass the test
if he wanted to - but that he doesn't want to? That his hobby is
something very different?

Look back over the past several years. Do you really think Mr.
Anderson will *ever* engage in civil debate here on *any* subject? Or
that Mr. Burke will answer any questions that he doesn't want to
answer (while at the same time asking all sorts of questions of
others)?

Meanwhile, Amateur Radio continues. OTA, not here. Will we hear you on
7037 next Monday night?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old May 26th 04, 09:06 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(N2EY) writes:

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

I have repeatedly encouraged you to take the Amateur Technician since

it
doesn't require a Morse Code examination.

Why, Steve?

Why do you encourage Mr. Anderson to get an amateur radio license,
given the way he behaves here towards anyone who disagrees with him?
Do you really *want* him to join the ARS?

Well, TAFKARJ, it's difficult to work up enthusiasm for anyone
who continually insults me with cute little Yiddish-ethic
pejoratives...or makes other irrelevant insults about my person.

Remember that nursie is an Amateur Extra and is thus a role-
model of what all radio amateurs of "top rank" should be! :-)

Mr. Anderson told us way back in January of 2000 (almost 4-1/2 years
ago) that he was "going for Extra right out of the box". Didn't
happen, probably won't happen any time soon, if ever.

I'm also trying to invent anti-gravity but something is holding
me down...

The Tech hasn't had a code test in over 13 years and medical waivers
for all code tests except 5 wpm were available in 1990. None of this
is news or any sort of secret. If Mr. Anderson were interested in
being a radio amateur, he would have gotten a license long ago. So
there's only one logical conclusion left.

Is it written somewhere that all accessing this newsgroup MUST
be "interested in getting an amateur radio license?"

Some HAVE written that, but so far, there's no regulation or
directive saying It Is So.

Do you think that calling him "Lennie" or various versions of "scummy"
or "liar" will change his behavior, or opinions, or get him to admit
any of his many mistakes? Or do you think that maybe, just maybe,
getting *you* to behave in a manner similar to *his* might be one of
his real goals?

Nursie is an Amateur Extra. He can say and do anything he wants.

And does! :-)

I snipped out all of the name calling and insults in the post I
replied to - and there wasn't much left. Nowadays I don't even read
most rrap posts past the first insult. Many I don't read past the
author line.

Amateur puritanism? :-)

Or didn't the party for the 160th Anniversary last long?

However you still seem stymied byt the process. Actually, I think it's
because you might have to actually demonstrate your REAL knowledge

base...Your
ego wouldn't allow you to expose yourself to the ridicule of failing the

test
in a room full of grade school kids who just passed it.

Did it ever occur to you, Steve, that Mr. Anderson could pass the test
if he wanted to - but that he doesn't want to? That his hobby is
something very different?

How could a hobby involving electronics be "different?"

Everyone "interested" in radio MUST get a ham license.

Everyone "interested" in communication by radio MUST
use morse code.

Etc., etc., etc...

Look back over the past several years. Do you really think Mr.
Anderson will *ever* engage in civil debate here on *any* subject? Or
that Mr. Burke will answer any questions that he doesn't want to
answer (while at the same time asking all sorts of questions of
others)?

Oh, yes, by all means LOOK BACK. :-)

[rehash old arguments archived in Google, etc., etc.]

What "Mr. Miccolis" defines as "civil debate" is best described
as CAPITULATION to whatever "Mr. Miccolis" has stated.

No more, no less. If "Mr. Miccolis" defines "civility" as
AGREEING with him...in whatever he says. No problem.

-----

Nice notes on drafting another Sermon On The Antenna Mount.

Will we hear the completed version Sunday from W1AW? :-)

LHA / WMD
Old May 26th 04, 11:35 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Gee everybody...look...another creative editor.

How unique.

Idiot.

Dan/W4NTI

"Bada Bing" wrote in message
s.com...

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

"Alun" wrote in message

Are you Australian?

No. But I have blown several.

Dan/W4NTI

Too much info.

Old May 27th 04, 01:52 AM
William

(N2EY) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

I have repeatedly encouraged you to take the Amateur Technician since it
doesn't require a Morse Code examination.

Why, Steve?

Why do you encourage Mr. Anderson to get an amateur radio license,
given the way he behaves here towards anyone who disagrees with him?
Do you really *want* him to join the ARS?

Now wait just a minute. You idly stood by for years while Dick,
Larry, Steve, Steve, Bruce, Kelly, et all, grossly misbehaved, then
you beg them to join your CW nets.

Where were your words of caution then? Why do you intentionally
associate with such people?

They said they were good as gold because they made it through the
filter, and they wouldn't behave so horribly while on the air.

Mr. Anderson told us way back in January of 2000 (almost 4-1/2 years
ago) that he was "going for Extra right out of the box". Didn't
happen, probably won't happen any time soon, if ever.

You told us just last week that you have no opinion of "Sorry Hans,
MARS IS Amateur Radio."

Jim does have an opinion. One day he just might voice it. But not
while whacked out Steve is doing his battle for him.

Just as Jim had an opinion of Bruce. An opinion that he sat on for
years and years, until Bruce's outrages became even too much for Jim
to bear.

The Tech hasn't had a code test in over 13 years and medical waivers
for all code tests except 5 wpm were available in 1990. None of this
is news or any sort of secret. If Mr. Anderson were interested in
being a radio amateur, he would have gotten a license long ago. So
there's only one logical conclusion left.

What might that be, Jim?

Do you think that calling him "Lennie" or various versions of "scummy"
or "liar" will change his behavior, or opinions, or get him to admit
any of his many mistakes? Or do you think that maybe, just maybe,
getting *you* to behave in a manner similar to *his* might be one of
his real goals?

So you think Steve is so easily and blatantly manipulated?

I do.

I snipped out all of the name calling and insults in the post I
replied to - and there wasn't much left. Nowadays I don't even read
most rrap posts past the first insult. Many I don't read past the
author line.

I try to look for some good in everything rather than dismissing it
outright.

However you still seem stymied byt the process. Actually, I think it's
because you might have to actually demonstrate your REAL knowledge base...Your
ego wouldn't allow you to expose yourself to the ridicule of failing the test
in a room full of grade school kids who just passed it.

Did it ever occur to you, Steve, that Mr. Anderson could pass the test
if he wanted to - but that he doesn't want to? That his hobby is
something very different?

I think Mr. Anderson is not interested in a VHF license. Just my
opinion. You'll have to ask him.

Look back over the past several years. Do you really think Mr.
Anderson will *ever* engage in civil debate here on *any* subject?

I don't seem to have a problem. And I've always been civil with the
other Jim, KH2D.

Gee!

Or
that Mr. Burke will answer any questions that he doesn't want to
answer (while at the same time asking all sorts of questions of
others)?

You're free to disclose as much or as little as you like. For
instance, you disclosed no opinion when asked if, "Sorry Hans, MARS
IS Amateur Radio" were a valid statement. But worse, you lied

and said that you had no opinion.

Of course you have an opinion.

Meanwhile, Amateur Radio continues. OTA, not here. Will we hear you on
7037 next Monday night?

Best of Luck.
Old May 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
.com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

I have repeatedly encouraged you to take the Amateur Technician since

it
doesn't require a Morse Code examination.

Why, Steve?

Why do you encourage Mr. Anderson to get an amateur radio license,
given the way he behaves here towards anyone who disagrees with him?
Do you really *want* him to join the ARS?

Now wait just a minute. You idly stood by for years while Dick,
Larry, Steve, Steve, Bruce, Kelly, et all, grossly misbehaved, then
you beg them to join your CW nets.

Dick, Larry, Steve, Steve, Bruce, Kelly et al, are PCTA.

That makes them "correct" and "civil."

PCTA can do no wrong. All others can do no right.

Where were your words of caution then? Why do you intentionally
associate with such people?

PCTA are PCTA. They need not be civil or correct.

They simply are. :-)

They said they were good as gold because they made it through the
filter, and they wouldn't behave so horribly while on the air.

They might not have said it openly in those words, but they
sure acted like it.

Mr. Anderson told us way back in January of 2000 (almost 4-1/2 years
ago) that he was "going for Extra right out of the box". Didn't
happen, probably won't happen any time soon, if ever.

You told us just last week that you have no opinion of "Sorry Hans,
MARS IS Amateur Radio."

Rev. Jim may be too busy celebrating the 160th anniversary
of the first (commercial) morse code message. :-)

Jim does have an opinion. One day he just might voice it. But not
while whacked out Steve is doing his battle for him.

PCTA are very forgiving of one another. They can do no wrong.

They are Morsemen! [hear them roar...]

Just as Jim had an opinion of Bruce. An opinion that he sat on for
years and years, until Bruce's outrages became even too much for Jim
to bear.

Broose is tangential to everyone else. :-)

The Tech hasn't had a code test in over 13 years and medical waivers
for all code tests except 5 wpm were available in 1990. None of this
is news or any sort of secret. If Mr. Anderson were interested in
being a radio amateur, he would have gotten a license long ago. So
there's only one logical conclusion left.

What might that be, Jim?

PCTA demand that all "interested in radio" take a code test.

It was so in the beginning and it will be so to their bitter end.

Do you think that calling him "Lennie" or various versions of "scummy"
or "liar" will change his behavior, or opinions, or get him to admit
any of his many mistakes? Or do you think that maybe, just maybe,
getting *you* to behave in a manner similar to *his* might be one of
his real goals?

So you think Steve is so easily and blatantly manipulated?

I do.

Nursie manipulates himself. :-)

I snipped out all of the name calling and insults in the post I
replied to - and there wasn't much left. Nowadays I don't even read
most rrap posts past the first insult. Many I don't read past the
author line.

I try to look for some good in everything rather than dismissing it
outright.

PCTA are very snobbish and elite. They be better than others.

Sort of like the Daughters of the American Revolution.

However you still seem stymied byt the process. Actually, I think

it's
because you might have to actually demonstrate your REAL knowledge

base...Your
ego wouldn't allow you to expose yourself to the ridicule of failing the

test
in a room full of grade school kids who just passed it.

Did it ever occur to you, Steve, that Mr. Anderson could pass the test
if he wanted to - but that he doesn't want to? That his hobby is
something very different?

I think Mr. Anderson is not interested in a VHF license. Just my
opinion. You'll have to ask him.

I've HAD a VHF radio license. It wasn't amateur.

I was operating VHF and low-UHF back in 1954. PM, not FM.

Look back over the past several years. Do you really think Mr.
Anderson will *ever* engage in civil debate here on *any* subject?

I don't seem to have a problem. And I've always been civil with the
other Jim, KH2D.

Gee!

As I said, PCTA are the ONLY "civil" and "correct" people.

All others are "uncivil" and "incorrect." :-)

Or
that Mr. Burke will answer any questions that he doesn't want to
answer (while at the same time asking all sorts of questions of
others)?

You're free to disclose as much or as little as you like. For
instance, you disclosed no opinion when asked if, "Sorry Hans, MARS
IS Amateur Radio" were a valid statement. But worse, you lied

and said that you had no opinion.

Of course you have an opinion.

Of course. PCTA are the only ones "civil" and "correct."

That's a given in here.

All others are "lids," like tops of garbage cans.

According to the PCTA.

However, Dan has done something with Australians and I'm not sure
I want to hear more about that...

Meanwhile, Amateur Radio continues. OTA, not here. Will we hear you on
7037 next Monday night?

Best of Luck.

Interesting. The PCTA need a high-speed Internet forum in order to
organize a schedule. :-)

Says something right there...

LHA / WMD
Old May 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Len Over 21

In article .net, "Dan/W4NTI"
w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

Gee everybody...look...another creative editor.

How unique.

Idiot.

Dan/W4NTI

"Bada Bing" wrote in message
ws.com...

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

"Alun" wrote in message

Are you Australian?

No. But I have blown several.

Dan/W4NTI

Too much info.

Hilarious!

"Too much info!" Too much...and with so few general words. :-)

Using a Pool Cage As an Antenna? W9zr Antenna 1 November 5th 04 04:18 AM
Use a Pool Cage As An Antenna? W9zr Antenna 0 November 4th 04 09:09 PM
The Pool N2EY Policy 515 February 22nd 04 03:14 AM
From the Extra question pool: The dipole David Robbins General 1 January 23rd 04 05:32 PM
REQ:latest Ham University with curent tech pool willing to share?/sell cheep Equipment 0 November 27th 03 07:15 AM