Old June 9th 04, 12:18 AM
William

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

It's another "crossed fields antenna" type heap of nonsense which
defies both Physics 101 and common sense.

Maybe - or maybe not.

Fact is that without more info we're not in a position to judge the
thing one way or another. Maybe it's a breakthrough, maybe it's one of
things that is great in theory but totally impractical, or maybe it's
a dud. Without more info, any judgement is just raw speculation. And
since a patent application is involved we're not going to see much
real data for a while anyway.

One point to watch for, though: What matters in practical antennas is
the performance of the entire antenna system, not just the antenna
itself. For example, a short (in terms of wavelength) whip antenna can
be quite efficient - it's the matching network and ground system
losses that reduce antenna system efficiency, and bandwidth, to low
numbers.

Physics is physics is physics and we all know the implications of
short antennas *and* we've read the similar hype which surrounded the
farcical CFA and EH antennas to name just a couple of this thing's
predecessors. I'll stick with my "snap judgement", the thing is guilty
until proven innocent.

Maybe. Or maybe it's for-real.

Without detailed info it's all academic anyway.

But I remember a time when it was said that "physics" would not permit
microprocessors faster than about 25 MHz. Nor with more than a few thousand
transistors. Etc.

Had nothing to do with "physics", had to do with musings posted by a
few gloms who were clueless about how rapidly developed chip
manufacturing technologies could leap past the limits of their own
imaginations. Hoof. Mouf. Classic.

Holy Cow! PCTA refer to backward thinking people as "gloms."

From this point forward, I must refer to PCTA as "CW Gloms."

There was also a very learned "professional in radio" who, when informed of the
intent of the 1921 ARRL Transatlantic Tests, proclaimed that it was physically
impossible for a kilowatt input 200 meter transmitter to be heard at that
distance. Waves were just too short, doncha know. Physics wouldn't allow it.

This is not 1921.

As Len Anderson has pointed out repeatedly. But you didn't need him
to point that out. You could see it published on the front page of
any daily newspaper. Even the ARRL puts it on the front cover of QST,
just prior to launching another edition of memory lane.

83 years later the physics of antennas has been
milked to the extent that the probability of anybody inventing an
antenna which does not utilize long-applied physics lies somewhere
'way out the asymptote of the curve.

Are you sure it's not back at the inflection point?

Per previous I'll stick.

Ditto my opinion of the CW Gloms (previously known as PCTA).
Old June 9th 04, 12:23 AM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(the
Meaningful Dis-Cusser) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
. com...
(William) wrote in message
. com...

Steve, I didn't see the rant. Please repost it.

Perhaps if you didn't have your head so far up Lennie's rectum,
you might have had the opporutnity to read it in any one of several
HUNDRED anti-Amateur rants he's posted here.

Sorry you missed it. (More like IGNORED it.)

Steve, K4YZ

Sorry, Steve, but my head is not up Len's rectum.

Yes, it is.

More like your head
is up your own rectum. If you should ever pull it out, it will become
the "POP" heard round the world!

I am sure you wiash this were true.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...still making typos when oh, so angry? :-)

You have a "wiashing machine" there? A "clothes driaer?"

Appliance technology marches on...

Lockstep.

If you cannot produce the rant, you'll just have to troll elsewhere.

Sorry, Brain...No need to waste that much bandwidth with material
that Lennie already wasted bandwidth on in the first place.

Everyone just loves all this "meaningful discussion" stuff. :-)

Is it time for Carl to spank Steve again?

Naw!

The definition of insanity is to spank an insane guy again and expect
different results.

Now, try and find something you KNOW something about to talk
about, Brain. So far you can discount DXpeditions, reciprocal
licensing, MARS, and emergency communications. You've failed
miserably in ALL of these subjects.

"MARS is amateur radio."

Nursie is a veteran of "hostile actions."

Nursie shopped at the HRO in Burbank, CA, before they even
moved out of their Van Nuys location...

Everyone just loves this "meaningful discussion" stuff. :-)

Steve is only here for meaningful discourse.
Old June 9th 04, 02:19 AM
Len Over 21

(William) wrote in message
. com...

Steve, I didn't see the rant. Please repost it.

Perhaps if you didn't have your head so far up Lennie's rectum,
you might have had the opporutnity to read it in any one of several
HUNDRED anti-Amateur rants he's posted here.

Sorry you missed it. (More like IGNORED it.)

Steve, K4YZ

Sorry, Steve, but my head is not up Len's rectum.

Yes, it is.

More like your head
is up your own rectum. If you should ever pull it out, it will become
the "POP" heard round the world!

I am sure you wiash this were true.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...still making typos when oh, so angry? :-)

You have a "wiashing machine" there? A "clothes driaer?"

Appliance technology marches on...

Lockstep.

Remember, "real hams" do it with telegraphy. And LOGS.

And with AUTHORITY. [tension-hutt, gunnery nurse on da
bridge! all rise!]

If you cannot produce the rant, you'll just have to troll elsewhere.

Sorry, Brain...No need to waste that much bandwidth with material
that Lennie already wasted bandwidth on in the first place.

Everyone just loves all this "meaningful discussion" stuff. :-)

Is it time for Carl to spank Steve again?

Naw!

Carl be busy with true productive work with the IEEE.

Gunnery nurse incapable of anything but trying to suppress
those with differing opinions.

The definition of insanity is to spank an insane guy again and expect
different results.

Good point! I need a vacation...but, it's so EASY to reply
to the gunnery nurse...why, the posts just seem "to write
themselves!" :-)

Now, try and find something you KNOW something about to talk
about, Brain. So far you can discount DXpeditions, reciprocal
licensing, MARS, and emergency communications. You've failed
miserably in ALL of these subjects.

"MARS is amateur radio."

Nursie is a veteran of "hostile actions."

Nursie shopped at the HRO in Burbank, CA, before they even
moved out of their Van Nuys location...

Everyone just loves this "meaningful discussion" stuff. :-)

Steve is only here for meaningful discourse.

Of course. All us newsgrope readers can SEE that. :-)

By the way, that Burbank HRO store is right next to a Radio
Shack store. Ain't dat sometin? :-)

Betcha da gunnery nurse didn't know that, too busy "shopping
with friends" there...like back at a time when that HRO store
wasn't there! Amazing. Like Quantum Leap wasn't a TV show,
it really existed! :-)

Theological Rant [email protected] Antenna 0 November 27th 03 05:58 PM
Rant Michael A. Terrell Homebrew 17 October 24th 03 04:42 AM
Another Self-Humiliating LenniRiffic Rant Leo Policy 52 October 6th 03 04:39 PM