Old July 6th 04, 09:10 PM
Brian Kelly

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Brian Kelly wrote:
"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message link.net...

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...
("...there's a sucker born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't
priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

In addition to the many accessories clearly described on the auction page,
some items were not listed. This bidder contacted me early in the auction to
tell me he wanted both Yaesu radios. As such, as an extra incentive, I
offered him several additional items (software, computer cables, and cloning
cables). I also notified each bidder of an included MFJ antenna not listed
on the auction page. The total new purchase price of all items included with
this one auction is in excess of $600. Between the two auctions, this bidder
saved several hundred dollars over new prices.

When it's all said and done the best piece of goofy nonsense is that
you're (allegedly) dumping your entire ham station (two HTs, matched
pair, his and her's last I heard) and are quitting ham radio.

Well, there was an HF rig also. Dwight is a technician, so he was
probably planning on getting a General ticket once.

I've been listening to that one for decades.

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

I think it's too bad that Dwight is getting out of Ham radio.

Why?

- Mike KB3EIA -

w3rv
Old July 6th 04, 09:26 PM
WA3MOJ

In article et, Dwight Stewart
says...

If you have a complaint, report it to my service provider.

Stop spamming the group and we won't need to, putz.

Old July 7th 04, 02:44 AM
Mike Coslo

Brian Kelly wrote:

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

[...]

I just prefer as many people as possible to stay active. Don't get me
wrong, I thought his reaction to me doing a little yipping about the
newsgroup spamming was kind of snotty, but I'm overly tolerant, some
say! ;^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old July 7th 04, 07:02 AM
Brian Kelly

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

[...]

and a TS-430.

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

Thump that chest!

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

Reduced to quoting Larry tRoll.

That one was around before you were.

Actually I'm glad you popped up Putzlet, I've been meaning to ask you
a question: How many contacts did you make on Field Day?

w3rv

bb

w3rv
Old July 7th 04, 08:57 AM
Brian Kelly

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Brian Kelly wrote:

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

[...]

You're getting closer . .

- Mike KB3EIA -

w3rv
Old July 7th 04, 02:27 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Mike Coslo" wrote:

(snip) I just prefer as many people as
possible to stay active. Don't get me
wrong, I thought his reaction to me
doing a little yipping about the newsgroup
spamming was kind of snotty, but I'm
overly tolerant, some say! ;^)

Sorry about that, Mike. It was a clear over-reaction to your three (3)
messages in this newsgroup about me spamming the newsgroups, mixed with a
throbing toothache and not enough sleep the night before because of it. My
decision to leave Amateur radio is based solely on personal reasons,
including a lack of interest at the moment, other distractions in my life,
and so on. As I said elsewhere, it has been fun, but it's time for me to
move on. Take care.

Stewart

Old July 7th 04, 11:02 PM
Mike Coslo

Dwight Stewart wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote:

(snip) I just prefer as many people as
possible to stay active. Don't get me
wrong, I thought his reaction to me
doing a little yipping about the newsgroup
spamming was kind of snotty, but I'm
overly tolerant, some say! ;^)

Sorry about that, Mike. It was a clear over-reaction to your three (3)
messages in this newsgroup about me spamming the newsgroups, mixed with a
throbing toothache and not enough sleep the night before because of it. My
decision to leave Amateur radio is based solely on personal reasons,
including a lack of interest at the moment, other distractions in my life,
and so on. As I said elsewhere, it has been fun, but it's time for me to
move on. Take care.

No problem, Dwight. I figured there might have been some external stuff
going on. Pain and lack of sleep can get the best of antone. Hope you're
feeling better. Good luck in whatever you do.

- Mike KB3EIA -