Old July 8th 04, 01:32 AM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Steve Robeson K4CAP wrote:

Some grandstand play about "I'm getting out of Ham Radio" is just
that...grandstanding. I wonder what the REAL underlying reason is...

Maybe cause we're all mean? ;^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

I wouldn't read more into his post than he wrote. The conspiracy
theorists probably think he had a "REAL underlying reason" to get into
the service as well. Pffft.
Old July 8th 04, 01:38 AM
William

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message link.net...

Sorry about that, Mike. It was a clear over-reaction to your three (3)
messages in this newsgroup about me spamming the newsgroups, mixed with a
throbing toothache and not enough sleep the night before because of it. My
decision to leave Amateur radio is based solely on personal reasons,
including a lack of interest at the moment, other distractions in my life,
and so on. As I said elsewhere, it has been fun, but it's time for me to
move on. Take care.

Stewart

Well there you have it. The number one reason for leaving amateur
radio is probably death (SK for the pnone impaired). Or maybe it's a
lack of interest.

No nefarious conspiracy theories necessary.

I wonder what the other reasons for people leaving the ARS might be?

bb
Old July 8th 04, 06:53 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote:

But people who make a point of
announcing thier departure are seeking
attention for some reason. (snip)

I didn't make a point of "announcing" my departure, Steve. It was simply
mentioned in the messages about the auctions to explain the reason for the
sale of those items. When people see a lot of similar items being sold by an
individual, why is often the first question asked.

(eg: people who swallow a "handful" of
"pills" then call 9-1-1 to announce what
they have done...)

Well, since I swallowed "all" the "pills" (all my ham equipment is gone),
it's a little late to call 911 or anyone else. :-)

And, with that, I have really got to go. Take care.

Stewart