Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21st 04, 05:02 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Default Cheap Shot Brokeslob...Why Am I Not Surprised?

Subject: WHICH Extras, Brain?
From: "KØHB"
Date: 10/20/2004 6:42 PM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

fm:

to:

Dear Rich,

Some time ago a story appeared in CQ that told a story about a
young,
recently licensed operator who made the mistake of using "CB" lingo on
the
repeater.

The story went on to tell about a "crusty" old op that
subsequently read
him the riot act on the air, causing the young op to rethink his
Amateur
"career".

Can you help me locate this article?

Thanks!

Steve Robeson, LPN
Amateur Call K4YZ
Winchester, TN

fm: K0HB
to: W2VU

Hi Rich,

Just so you know what's going on......

Back in 1997 on one of the USENET newsgroups, rec.radio.amateur.policy,
I wrote the story quoted below. Today I repeated it there in response
to a related post from Jim, AA2QA, trying to promote more harmony among
the various license classes.

Another fellow there, K4YZ, has suggested I plagiarized the story from
CQ magazine, and I've called his bluff. You'll get a message from him
asking to locate the story in CQ.

I asked him about the story without "who what when where why".

I asked him a benign question about a "CQ" story.

You made it a personal vendetta. Covering your butt.

You had to give your "friend" a "head's up". Turned it into a flamefest
outside of the firepit. Why do you think it was necessary to give Rich a
"head's up"..?!?!
Does every inquiry about "CQ" magazine require a clarification from you?

Guess this just kinda confirmed my suspicions about what kind of a creep
you really are, Hans.

Steve, K4YZ