Old October 21st 04, 05:02 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Default Cheap Shot Brokeslob...Why Am I Not Surprised?

Subject: WHICH Extras, Brain?
From: "KØHB"
Date: 10/20/2004 6:42 PM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

fm:

to:

Dear Rich,

Some time ago a story appeared in CQ that told a story about a
young,
recently licensed operator who made the mistake of using "CB" lingo on
the
repeater.

The story went on to tell about a "crusty" old op that
subsequently read
him the riot act on the air, causing the young op to rethink his
Amateur
"career".

Can you help me locate this article?

Thanks!

Steve Robeson, LPN
Amateur Call K4YZ
Winchester, TN

fm: K0HB
to: W2VU

Hi Rich,

Just so you know what's going on......

Back in 1997 on one of the USENET newsgroups, rec.radio.amateur.policy,
I wrote the story quoted below. Today I repeated it there in response
to a related post from Jim, AA2QA, trying to promote more harmony among
the various license classes.

Another fellow there, K4YZ, has suggested I plagiarized the story from
CQ magazine, and I've called his bluff. You'll get a message from him
asking to locate the story in CQ.

I asked him about the story without "who what when where why".

I asked him a benign question about a "CQ" story.

You made it a personal vendetta. Covering your butt.

You had to give your "friend" a "head's up". Turned it into a flamefest
outside of the firepit. Why do you think it was necessary to give Rich a
"head's up"..?!?!
Does every inquiry about "CQ" magazine require a clarification from you?

Guess this just kinda confirmed my suspicions about what kind of a creep
you really are, Hans.

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 21st 04, 05:25 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

I asked him about the story without "who what when where why".

I asked him a benign question about a "CQ" story.

You made it a personal vendetta. Covering your butt.

Aw, gee, Steve, you make a nice whining tear-jerking lament out of it,
but you conveniently forgot the first part of the episode where you
"benignly" accused me of plagiarism. Now you cry out in dismayed
anguish about "cheap shots" when your accusation spirals down in flames.
Andersoneque misdirection, puffery, and posturing at its finest!

Sunuvagun!!!

36, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 21st 04, 06:10 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

It scared the bee-jeebers out of you that YOUR bluff
was called and you had to do what you
could to tilt the playing field in your favor.

My offer stands, Steve. Cite the CQ issue which contained this story,
not written by me, and I'll send a public apology "Letter to the Editor"
to CQ. If my story came from CQ Magazine as you suggest, then nothing
which happens here on rrap or in emails to W2VU will magically erase it.
Show us the article.

Your move.

Put up or shut up.

36, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 21st 04, 03:44 PM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

You still haven't explained your actions, Hans.

What "actions"?

You're the one who opened the incident with an accusation of
plagiarization, yet when I defend myself against that slimy charge you
wring your hands in self-righteous dismay.

"Why Am I Not Surprised?"

My offer stands, Steve. Cite the CQ issue which contained this story,
not written by me, and I'll send a public apology "Letter to the Editor"
to CQ.

Your move.

Put up or shut up. It's really THAT simple.

36, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 21st 04, 05:30 PM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

What was the purpose of your "head's up" letter to Rich, W2VU
about...?!?!

To assist him in searching for the article. I presumed if he had a
vertaim copy it would be much easier to locate the issue it was
published in. Unfortunately (for you) his search was not successful.

Those "actions", including my apology for having gotten it wrong
about CQ
vis-a-vis another source.

No apology has yet appeared on my newsreader nor in my email inbox.

36, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 21st 04, 08:33 PM
KØHB

"KØHB" wrote

No apology has yet appeared on my newsreader nor in my email inbox.

The apology has now appeared on my newsreader.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

de Hans, K0HB