Old November 27th 04, 02:22 PM
freddie kreuger

Hello chaps,

"biascomms" wrote in message
3965 kHz is inside a broadcast band in the rest of the world - it's only
the
USA that have 3500 to 4000 kHz as an amateur band. In the rest of the
world, the amateur band ends at 3800.

There are many Euro-pirates that broadcast around 3900 - some with quite
high power, and many of which have been heard worldwide.

There are some great Dutch and German ones on that band, as well as UK
stations like "Radio Skeleton" which is usually just some guy waffling on. A
bit Wogan-esque without the in-jokey hyperbolic conjecture, excepting the
joke in the nomenclature, being that it's the "bare bones of a radio
station". Well, it was funny the first time.

By the way, I heard that in the UK, they are going to throw the licensing of
hams over to the RSGB, which is a sort of self-appointed amateur radio
regulating body. I don't know how true it is, but these days more than ever
in the UK, you can't believe anything you see or hear!

Anyway, who cares about licensing as long as nobody gets hurt? Sounds like
the RA only bother about it when it suits them. Or possibly more accurately,
when it suits the treasury.