Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21st 05, 04:23 PM
K4YZ

Default And It Seems N9OGL Changed His Mind About Broadcasting On HF

QUOTE

Amateur Broadcasting -- Why Not? Reply
by N9OGL on December 5, 2004 Mail this to a friend!
Broadcasting in the amateur bands would not in reality a good idea.
Simply because there are too many people on the ham bands.

UNQUOTE

I guess that Todd forgot what he posted in December of 2004, eh?
Been on 20 ands 10 meters both.

QUOTE

I wouldn't however be objective on allowing half hour or hour
programming on those band that are dead or not in uses. For the purpose
of short range programming dealing with issues in the field of
electronics or radio.

UNQUOTE

That's why Todd is now broadcasting his show on 145.58 instead of
on his "repeater"...

Now...Half an hour per day per Amateur...

Doesn't take too long to see what happens after that Genie gets
out of that bottle!

QUOTE

Many Amateur Radio operators I've read talk about what content should
or shouldn't be allowed on the amateur radio bands because of the FCC
rules and regulations.

UNQUOTE

Yep...

QUOTE

But many amateur radio operators forget about Section 326 of the
Communication Act of 1934. Which states that the FCC may NOT control
any content of any station except for Obscene and indecent material.By
putting them on the bands that are not in uses would not only stop
interference but would prove that the amateurs are using those
frequencies

UNQUOTE

And Toddie forget's the STANDARDS that obscene and indecent speech
must meet...One of them is that community standards must be met...And
in the United States, most Amateurs DON'T want to hear graphic
depictions of sex acts, the use of certain language, or "suggestions"
of where to put razor-blade studded sex toys.

And the "inteference" would multiply exponentially...from all the
carriers, QRM, cat calls, etc that would inevitibly follow...ESPECIALLY
with creeps like N9OGL doing the "programming"....

Thank-God (or your diety of choice) that creeps like this only
show up once in a very blue moon...

Steve, K4YZ