Old June 13th 05, 07:19 AM

From: John Smith on Jun 12, 3:05 pm

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

Actually, not too much "reduction." When I first logged into
this din of inequity, the morsemen were already in full cry,
arrogant in their supposition that the code test would never go
away. El Jefe of them all (some nearly 8 years ago) was KH2D
and not hesitant to damn all "no-coders" in no uncertain terms.
joined in after I did and attempted those same
long, long postings wherein he was wont to yank out (almost)
individual words and argue their use (exaggeration, but you get
the picture). (who shall remain nameless) still
does that schtick.

Several others of the very-pro-code-advocacy came and went,
including a few ex-navy types who bragged over their wonderous
ability with morse (and who got trained at government expense).

Perhaps the worst blow of all to these stalwart Defenders of the
Archaic was FCC 99-412, the Report & Order that did the actual
regulation "restructuring" (for 1999, there have been other years)
as a sort of "Holiday Present" for all. ONE code test rate at
5 WPM, any class license having below 30 MHz privileges.

From about then on, one by one, the personal attacks and "gutter
fighting" became worse. The PCTA (Pro-Code Test Advocates) just
couldn't contain themselves. They popped their tops and vented.
More anony-mousies joined in, worse than the old PCTA, and the
personal attacks got worse and worse. The condition today may be
at a zenith, the Believers (of the code faith) trying to hold
back tomorrow.

A side problem are those few who think tangentially to the grope.
Those who think that THEY are the center of the newsgrop world.
Everything - in their apparent perception - revolves around THEM
and they cannot take anything that isn't gratuitous praise of
their heroic opinions. [we all know who they are...:-) ]

Absolutely fascinating to those interested in psychology aspects
of human beans...along with sociopathic and aberrant behavior.
Entertaining in one way. :-)

Long Beach Convention Center and the MTT Microwave Symposium calls.
Bye. :-)

Old June 13th 05, 03:48 PM
K4YZ

From: John Smith on Jun 12, 3:05 pm

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

Actually, not too much "reduction." When I first logged into
this din of inequity...(SNIP)

...it wasn't a "din of inequity". It was a forum for the
discussion of Amateur Radio policy issues, and was used for that
purpose.

Google refers.

The "fighting" and other allegations by Lennie are direct
descendants of his voracious rants and blathering accusations.

Several others of the very-pro-code-advocacy came and went,
including a few ex-navy types who bragged over their wonderous
ability with morse (and who got trained at government expense).

Skills you can't seem to really effectively diminish, your best
rants and snide comments not withstanding.

Perhaps the worst blow of all to these stalwart Defenders of the
Archaic was FCC 99-412, the Report & Order that did the actual
regulation "restructuring" (for 1999, there have been other years)
as a sort of "Holiday Present" for all. ONE code test rate at
5 WPM, any class license having below 30 MHz privileges.

Oh yes...

We remember...

That's the R&O from which YOU stated you'd obtain an "Extra
Lite"...

It's been quite a few years...Still nothing.

From about then on, one by one, the personal attacks and "gutter
fighting" became worse....(SNIP)

What attacks? What "gutter fighting"...?!?!

YOU are the only one who continually brings up licensing and
practice from past years and then calls "us" "archaic".

"We" moved on. You're still several chapters behind, Lennie.

"We" try to discuss BPL, spectrum protection and other
issues...YOU continue to try an keep the arguments Lennicentric.

A side problem are those few who think tangentially to the grope.
Those who think that THEY are the center of the newsgrop world.

BBBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Everything - in their apparent perception - revolves around THEM
and they cannot take anything that isn't gratuitous praise of
their heroic opinions. [we all know who they are...:-) ]

Yes, Lennie..."we" know who YOU are.....!

Absolutely fascinating to those interested in psychology aspects
of human beans...(SNIP)

You were talking about "gutter fighting"...?!?!?

(UNSNIP)...along with sociopathic and aberrant behavior. Entertaining in one way.

No..your're not. It's pitiful to see a guy with your alleged
experience act the way you do...Assuming your knowledge and experience
are legitimate, you COULD be a benefit to Amateur Radio...

Instead you're a lying, deceiving and untrustworthy newsgroup
troll.

Long Beach Convention Center and the MTT Microwave Symposium calls.
Bye.

Picking up some extra hours on the broom again, Lennie? Bravo. A
guy your age needs to keep active.

LenBoyDidn'tImakeAfoolOutOfMySelfAgainAnderson@iee e.org

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 13th 05, 03:48 PM
K4YZ

Old June 13th 05, 04:51 PM
John Smith

K4YZ wrote:
"It was a forum for the discussion of Amateur Radio policy issues,.."

It still is--and why they are failing and need changed...

Warmest regards,
John

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 15th 05, 02:34 AM
bb

John Smith wrote:

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

And they ask who chased away the No Code Techs.

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

You've just described Steven J. Robeson.

Old June 16th 05, 08:27 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

And they ask who chased away the No Code Techs.

Who chased away the NCT's, Brain...?!?!

You keep reiterating this assinine assertion that is, in fact,
untruthful, yet you continue to DODGE answering the question?

I talked with two NCT's on the way home fromwork last night...They
weren't lost..knew right where they were.

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

You've just described Steven J. Robeson.

And yet another lie...from a "guy" who finds it easy to lie.

Brian P Burke, N0IMD, ".

Putz Jr.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 18th 05, 12:45 AM
Dave Heil

From: "John Smith" on Sat 11 Jun 2005 00:30

John, that's the model that tried to fly in here
several years ago. [I can't write his name in here because
doesn't like being called names...:-) ]

It would seem that you can't bring yourself to use his name without some
insulting adjective or without using the diminuitive form of it.

Others have tried this, of course, but that is just the usual
psy-war tactics they attempt (unsuccessfully) in words. :-)

I would say that's only slightly close. It's a DOMINANCE ploy
they are attempting...that of intimidating and dominating the
newsgroup sufficiently that they emerge APPARENT winners.

Why, Leonard, you've used those very tactics here for years and years.
Have they made you an "APPARENT winner"?

Chicago: Always seemed a NON-center for electronics and radio, yet
that is the city and suburbs wherein existed the Bill Halligan works
better known as "Hallicrafters." [long since gone...RIP] Western
Electric's main facilities were in Chicago and next to it was
Graybar, the distribution center. The Siragusa brothers founded
Admiral Corporation there and made TV sets (and radios) for decades
with divisions spread all over the suburbs and nearby small cities.
Zenith Radio began there. Teletype Corporation began there, about
the same time as Bill Halligan started up. Lots more "smaller"
firms in that area...but disregarded by the easterners because the
"town by the lake" isn't in their center of the universe.

You last sentence is completely ridiculous. It has no basis in fact.

Nursie Worsie is an "expert" on electronics corporations in the
USA because he read a lot of QST ads and "worked" for less than
a half year as a purchasing agent for a small set-top box maker.
It's wonderful that there are SO many amateur "experts" here
that check everything, determine if the I is dotted and the T
crossed, then berate/admonish the "guilty" on the slightest
infraction. Watching them hop up and down in rage is like
watching a 2-dimensional puppet with a single yank string
pulled to make their flat arms and legs wiggle. ;-)

Well, for a guy who calls himself a "PROFESSIONAL writer", you certainly
do make quite a number of spelling errors, grammatical errors and
factual mistakes. So does "John Smith".

Dave K8MN
Old June 18th 05, 12:59 AM
Dave Heil

From: John Smith on Jun 12, 3:05 pm

[...]

You're being much too modest, Leonard. Jim's posts didn't equal yours
for wordiness or frequency.

Several others of the very-pro-code-advocacy came and went,
including a few ex-navy types who bragged over their wonderous
ability with morse (and who got trained at government expense).

A number of 'em were already hams and already copying high speed CW when
they entered the military, old salt.

Perhaps the worst blow of all to these stalwart Defenders of the
Archaic was FCC 99-412, the Report & Order that did the actual
regulation "restructuring" (for 1999, there have been other years)
as a sort of "Holiday Present" for all. ONE code test rate at
5 WPM, any class license having below 30 MHz privileges.

Actually, Len, that would seem to have been the worst blow to your
"Extra right out of the box" boast. That 5 wpm test stopped you dead in
your tracks.

From about then on, one by one, the personal attacks and "gutter
fighting" became worse. The PCTA (Pro-Code Test Advocates) just
couldn't contain themselves. They popped their tops and vented.
More anony-mousies joined in, worse than the old PCTA, and the
personal attacks got worse and worse. The condition today may be
at a zenith, the Believers (of the code faith) trying to hold
back tomorrow.

Your tomorrow in amateur radio hasn't yet arrived, has it? Are you
prepping for the SONR (Single Op, No radio) category?

A side problem are those few who think tangentially to the grope.
Those who think that THEY are the center of the newsgrop world.
Everything - in their apparent perception - revolves around THEM
and they cannot take anything that isn't gratuitous praise of
their heroic opinions. [we all know who they are...:-) ]

We surely do. One's given name is Leonard. We've heard his military
and commercial radio stories, unrelated to amateur radio, countless
times. See what happens when you think tangentially? Not only do you
come to believe that you are the center of the "newsgrop world", you
come to believe that you have something to do with amateur radio.

Dave K8MN
Old June 18th 05, 12:34 PM

They are at a loss when brave men

Who would that be, Len?

Men who aren't "brave" enough to give their real names and
callsigns?

stand their ground and question their faulty logic...

Oh - you mean folks like me, who point out your mistakes
and faulty logic. OK then.

reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

Yep - like the way you cannot address someone who
disagrees with you by their name or callsign without
trying to turn it into an insult.

Or like the way you tell others to "shut the hell up,
you little USMC feldwebel" (you words, not mine, Len)

Or like the "few ounces of pressure" comments...

Actually, not too much "reduction." When I first logged into
this din of inequity, the morsemen were already in full cry,
arrogant in their supposition that the code test would never
go
away. El Jefe of them all (some nearly 8 years ago) was KH2D
and not hesitant to damn all "no-coders" in no uncertain
terms.

I see. So becauce of what *he* said, *you* feel justified in
acting the way you do against *all* who disagree with you on
that issue.

Just can't bring yourself to call me "Jim" or "N2EY"..

joined in after I did and attempted those same
long, long postings wherein he was wont to yank out (almost)
individual words and argue their use (exaggeration, but you get
the picture). (who shall remain nameless) still
does that schtick.

IOW, I point out some of your mistakes and faulty logic, and you
go ballistic over strong opposition from brave men who won't be
intimidated by your words.

Several others of the very-pro-code-advocacy came and went,
including a few ex-navy types who bragged over their
wonderous
ability with morse (and who got trained at government
expense).

Len, *you* were trained in electronics "at government expense".
Actually *taxpayer* expense.

Several others of the very-anti-code-advocacy came and went,
including a few types who bragged about their wonderous
inability with morse.

Perhaps the worst blow of all to these stalwart Defenders of the
Archaic was FCC 99-412, the Report & Order that did the
actual
regulation "restructuring" (for 1999, there have been other
years)
as a sort of "Holiday Present" for all. ONE code test rate at
5 WPM, any class license having below 30 MHz privileges.

From about then on, one by one, the personal attacks
and "gutter
fighting" became worse.

The PCTA (Pro-Code Test Advocates) just
couldn't contain themselves. They popped their tops and
vented.

You pop your top more than anyone here, Len.

More anony-mousies joined in,

You mean like "Leo" and "John Smith"?

worse than the old PCTA, and the
personal attacks got worse and worse.

By whom, Len?

The condition today may be
at a zenith, the Believers (of the code faith) trying to hold
back tomorrow.

How about January 19, 2000, when you told us you were going for
Extra "right out of the box", Len?

How about your attempt to keep young people under age 14 (the hams
of tomorrow) from getting any class of amateur radio license?

A side problem are those few who think tangentially to the
grope.

"Grope"?

Those who think that THEY are the center of the newsgrop
world.
Everything - in their apparent perception - revolves around THEM
and they cannot take anything that isn't gratuitous praise of
their heroic opinions. [we all know who they are...:-) ]

Yep - one of the most verbose and grandiose ones isn't even a ham!