Old June 11th 05, 03:13 PM
K4YZ

Lloyd wrote:

Quite an enemy's list you have there Robeson...(SNIP)

I don't have any enemies here. Not from my perspective.

(UNSNIP)...and also no better
example why net savvy people keep people like you at arm's
length, via an anon posting service.

In over 7 years of "membership", name ONE person who has suffered
anything more than a bruised ego as a result of anything I've "said" or
"done" here, Anonymous Coward.

The answer, of course, is "zero".

People post anonymously because they have something to
hide...Usually an over active sense of paranoia. No doubt YOU are
sitting there with an aluminum foil brain protector on, hoping that
black helo outside your window goes away soon.

Coward.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 11th 05, 05:54 PM
John Smith

.... that must truly have been written by a woman--demonstrates a
complete lack of knowledge, is worried about "interpersonal
relationships" and is of generally no use...

.... but possibly could have been written by some silly gay who is
completing a sex change series of operations and consuming hormones...

John

"Mona" KiloWatt@anon wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing
wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you
have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades
ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Warmest regards,
John

Aw, gee. The suck-up factor has increased by leaps and bounds. We
have a
sixty something retiree bolstering and encouraging a late seventy
something
retiree as they back slap one another on a job they think is well
done.
What fun. One is awaiting his Social Security check and the other is
casting
downward glances to make sure the elastic on his Relys is not leaking.
A guy
can ruin chairs that way.

Ya gotta love these doddering old fools. One tries to enhance the
other
while at the same time they are stumbling over one another in an
effort of
one upmanship.

"Yeah, Len, you are cool. My idol."
"Dittos, John."
"Who should I denigrate next, Len?"
"Oh, take your pick."

"Let me give it some thought, Len."
"OK. Take your time. I have to change my Relys."
"Understood. I have to do the same. By the way...do you use Lite Days
or
Nite Days?"

...and the tale of the weak-bladdered duo is to be continued.

Old June 11th 05, 05:55 PM
bb

John Smith wrote:
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

A legitimate assessment.

... Where do they get these guys from?

I'm guessing that he's the product of an overdominant maternal figure
and all that goes along with it. Mad at the world for having been
raised a sissy, he over compensates by becoming a Marine. That doesn't
work out, so he resigns himself to what he is and becomes a nurse. The
pieces seem to fit, but it's just a guess.

Old June 11th 05, 06:26 PM
Lloyd

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

John Smith wrote:
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

A legitimate assessment.

... Where do they get these guys from?

I'm guessing that he's the product of an overdominant maternal figure
and all that goes along with it. Mad at the world for having been
raised a sissy, he over compensates by becoming a Marine. That doesn't
work out, so he resigns himself to what he is and becomes a nurse. The
pieces seem to fit, but it's just a guess.

ROTFLMAO! and probably right on the money too.

73,

Lloyd

Old June 11th 05, 08:37 PM
John Smith

bb:

Just off the top of my head--SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!! grin

John

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 12th 05, 08:47 AM
Mona

"
Now we suddenly have "John". Allegedly a middle aged Amateur of
unknown years experience, unknown level of licensure, unknown
organizational affiliations, memberships, etc..."John" may very well be
a "real" person (read that as "not a figment of Lennie's imagination")
but I doubt it. It would not be above Lennie (or beyond him) to create
yet another anonymous "buddy" to help him get through a rough time in
the NG. It's happened before. I may be wrong, but that duck sure is
quacking pretty loudly.

Steve, K4YZ

Quite an enemy's list you have there Robeson, and also no better
example why net savvy people keep people like you at arm's
length, via an anon posting service.

73,

Lloyd

Valid point.

First, there is no Lennie fan here. I look at blowguts such as he with
disdain.

Secondly, posting anonymously via a paid service such as my Altopia account
is not a mark of cowardice.
This misplaced sense of Machismo is just that...misplaced.

Can you afford $12.00 a month? I can, and it is well worth the expenditure.

For example. bb has posted numerous comments over the months and was taken
aback when Robeson posted his Ham call. It was easy enough to see that Brian
lives at 430 Longview Street in Pickerington, Ohio.

Many others who lurk in these newsgroups do the same. Some nefarious
predators, such as AB8MQ, make it a point to delve into the backgrounds of
those with whom they disagree and then post the information, true or false,
on the Web. This individual has been known to go so far as to falsify
reports about fellow Hams, knowing full well that he will be held
unaccountable while hiding behind anon remailers. He has accused fellow Hams
of being child molestors, accused fellow Hams of being convicted criminals,
and worse. Much worse.

You have seen it. The bickering and backstabbing can become quite cruel at
times as marked by Wiseman's exceedingly calloused and uncalled for comments
about Steve's beloved daughter.

So, before any of you Machismo types puff up your chests and boast that you
"have the balls" to use your real name and call sign, think again. Keep in
mind that there lurks a social misfit close by who will, given a reason,
cause you much discomfort whether it be by late night phone calls or a flood
of anon magazine subscriptions.

I make no apology for my Altopia account. None is necessary.

Let's see...who am I now?

Lloyd?
Schwartz?
Stagger Lee?
Lloyd 2?
Arf! Arf!?
Lloyd 3?

Maybe Roger can call Chris Caputo again and ask him who I really am.
Oh, wait. Roger already tried that. Chris responded by giving AB8MQ the boot
from Altopia.

Old June 12th 05, 03:02 PM
K4YZ

John Smith wrote:
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

Hardly.

Lennie's been busted for so many errors by numerous other
posters...Not just me. And most of his posts have more than one error
to them...Some posts a lot more than others.

I just happen to be the most prolific.

... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Don't worry "John"... Lennie's close to his expiration date, then
there'll be one LESS dinosaur, generation of origin notwithstanding.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 12th 05, 07:57 PM

From: "John Smith" on Sat 11 Jun 2005 00:30

Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

John, that's the model that tried to fly in here
several years ago. [I can't write his name in here because
doesn't like being called names...:-) ]

Others have tried this, of course, but that is just the usual
psy-war tactics they attempt (unsuccessfully) in words. :-)

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

I would say that's only slightly close. It's a DOMINANCE ploy
they are attempting...that of intimidating and dominating the
newsgroup sufficiently that they emerge APPARENT winners. They
only wind up being little weiners.

... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Tsk. Yes, amazing. Toothless Tyranosaur Rex roaring rage and
hate, standing only five feet high. Strikes terror in the hearts
of mice. Yawn. :-

Stebie da Wundermarine done manufactured some kind of word battle
on MOTOROLA...saying "it didn't exist before 1947." :-) Actually
the brand name was already indistinguishable from Galvin Mfg prior
to WW2 and the 1947 corporate name change wasn't any more than
some legal paperwork filing and a lot of letterhead changing in
Chicago.

Chicago: Always seemed a NON-center for electronics and radio, yet
that is the city and suburbs wherein existed the Bill Halligan works
better known as "Hallicrafters." [long since gone...RIP] Western
Electric's main facilities were in Chicago and next to it was
Graybar, the distribution center. The Siragusa brothers founded
Admiral Corporation there and made TV sets (and radios) for decades
with divisions spread all over the suburbs and nearby small cities.
Zenith Radio began there. Teletype Corporation began there, about
the same time as Bill Halligan started up. Lots more "smaller"
firms in that area...but disregarded by the easterners because the
"town by the lake" isn't in their center of the universe.

If Gonad the Librarian wishes to follow-up, he can point and shout
about MOTOROLA headquarters at SCHAUMBERG, IL, not "IN" Chicago!
He could have an orgasm of messaging (and probably will) yelling all
about LIES, LIES, and more LIES!!! :-)

In reality, Hallicrafters is DEFUNCT. So, in essence, are Admiral
and Zenith (Chicago went from "A to Z"). Teletype is no more but
their corporate trademark is indelibly synonymous with THE tele-
printer. Without checking for absolute, poselute "accuracy," the
MOTOROLA corporate headquarters may have moved a long distance
away...perhaps to make room for Boeing Aircraft (in a weird
move from the long-established Hq home in the northwest USA
in/near Seattle, WA).

Nursie Worsie is an "expert" on electronics corporations in the
USA because he read a lot of QST ads and "worked" for less than
a half year as a purchasing agent for a small set-top box maker.
It's wonderful that there are SO many amateur "experts" here
that check everything, determine if the I is dotted and the T
crossed, then berate/admonish the "guilty" on the slightest
infraction. Watching them hop up and down in rage is like
watching a 2-dimensional puppet with a single yank string
pulled to make their flat arms and legs wiggle. ;-)

I'm going to spend the next week at this year's Microwave
Symposium down by the seashore. Back to the reality of the
REAL radio business and REAL advancement of the state of the
radio art. I'll leave the "art pioneering" to the amateur
starving artists "manufacturing" their ever-regenerative
regenerative detectors. [for less than $100, of course]
Oh, and ponderous pontification on CONTESTING in "radiosport"
wherein all the "great ones" are making their bids for
laurel wreaths and immortality as gurus of radio. Yawn.

oups.com...
From: "John Smith" on Fri 10 Jun 2005 07:54

Old June 12th 05, 07:59 PM

From: "bb" on Sat 11 Jun 2005 09:55

John Smith wrote:
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

A legitimate assessment.

... Where do they get these guys from?

I'm guessing that he's the product of an overdominant maternal figure
and all that goes along with it. Mad at the world for having been
raised a sissy, he over compensates by becoming a Marine. That doesn't
work out, so he resigns himself to what he is and becomes a nurse. The
pieces seem to fit, but it's just a guess.

Good observation.

Nursie Worsie is going to say it is all a LIE, LIE, LIE!!! :-)

Stebie da Wundermarine wasn't born and raised in the conventional
sense. It was issued from a USMC supply room, outfitted with a
scowl and swagger stick, and pointed towards seven hostile actions
and told to kill, destroy. The rest is history...as read in the
rest room.

Gonad the Librarian will want to speak to your wife again and
lecture your kids. He can't get enough of others' wives.

Dr. Killgore will thumb through a 1987 Physician's Desk Reference
to see what sort of rage-inducers he can filch from the hospital
drug room. [Sharps box keys were yanked off his key ring]

K4CAP will be "Pilot in Command" of a recon flight to Ohio and
check out your street address, scowl hidden behind gen-u-wine
aviator sunglasses as he arms the Cessna's "cannon."

Last Action Hero will berate "Lennie" and threaten charges of
Treason while he chugalugs the caffinated cola so he can ****
all over himself in here again.

Stebie's personalities are all out here, hopping up and down in
rage and hate. Same old, same old. Yawn. Modern American
amateur extra radio at its finest...

Old June 12th 05, 08:05 PM
John Smith

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

John

oups.com...

From: "John Smith" on Fri 10 Jun 2005 07:54