Old August 21st 05, 12:17 AM
John Smith

Dan:

I know it may seem that way, but gentlemen have not died off, they are
just not found in radio anymore... frown

John

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:46:14 +0000, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

robert casey wrote:

I still like my suggestion......bottom 25 of ALL HF bands....CW ONLY.
No
digital, etc. That way those that want can.

We could and should do this as a gentlemen's' agreement. No
need for FCC micromanagement here.

well in the eyes of those that see CW under attack they do see still
see a need for a coded reservation, and they fear that they will lose
everything out side of it

Yet the reality of today is that except for two VHF bands,
50.0 MHz to 50.1 and 144.0 MHz to 144.1, there are no
other exclusive CW segments at all.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Very true Bill. The gentlemans agreements worked....then. Not anymore.
The gentlemen have died off, and the CBers have replaced them. Think about
it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 21st 05, 01:34 AM
David Stinson

K4YZ wrote:
The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned. They become bitter and hateful adults
(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).
They have other sociopathic characteristics, as well.
Probably raised by "Dr. Spock" parents.
D.S.
Old August 21st 05, 02:35 AM
an_old_friend

David Stinson wrote:
KY4Z wrote:
The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned. They become bitter and hateful adults

Ah yes another of the Robeson S&M school of licenses

(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).

Well Stevie still hasn't given up on it at 51

Old August 21st 05, 02:42 AM
John Smith

AOF:

I think new inductees should have to demonstrate the ability to walk on
hot coals and broken glass... nice to be entertained...

John

Old August 21st 05, 04:24 AM

From: David Stinson on Aug 20, 5:34 pm

K4YZ wrote:

The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned.

David, you are relatively new to THIS din of inequity and haven't
been exposed to the Wrath of Stevie when you have Opposed his
personal opinions! :-)

Robeson has seldom, very seldom argued a SUBJECT in here, choosing
instead to launch a series of Personal Attacks on anyone daring
to oppose him on anything. Some Google searching will show that
in sufficient quantity (thousands of postings insulting others)
to bear that out. [the best referene on his personal frustrations
anguish, and hatred displayed for all to see]

In the last eight years in here, I've written (and opined) that
United States amateur radio activity is interesting and fun for
those who take a real part in it, for their personal enjoyment as
an avocational pursuit. Having BEGUN HF radio communications in
1953 and NEVER having had to use/operate/know morse code then or
at any time in a successful career as an electronics design
engineer (I am retired - from regular hours), I feel that morse
code testing for a radio AMATEUR license is unwarranted and the
mystique around it ridiculous.

If you wish to see where I began in communications 52 years ago:

http://kauko.hallikainen.org/history...s/My3Years.pdf

They become bitter and hateful adults
(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).

David, you are free to think anything you wish of me, but in the
reality of the newsgroup, it won't matter a great deal to me. I
will remain as outspoken as ever. :-) All that nastygrams do is
to take up space and a tiny amount of time in showing just how
vacuuous and puerile such commentary is...

They have other sociopathic characteristics, as well.

Robeson's long history of postings in here reads like a Psych 101
introductory precis on Sociopathy. :-)

Probably raised by "Dr. Spock" parents.

Not in my case. :-) I was raised by naturalized citizen
(born in Sweden) parents in the 1930s and 1940s. Benjamin Spock
probably had not yet entered college yet...and certainly hadn't
begun any PhD Dissertation. :-)

David, you were born in 1957 and are 48 years old. I have MORE
years as an adult working for a living than you have in total
life experience. Now, I've read your Comment on WT Docket 05-235
and agree with you that morse code testing has no place in federal
amateur radio licensing examinations. On the veneration of morse
code itself, we differ markedly. We can confine any public
discussions on WT Docket 05-235 to that and avoid personal
squabbling such as demonstrated by Robeson and Jeswald...or not.
Your choice. But, "ya gotta know da territory!" first... :-)

RTF NCM

Old August 21st 05, 10:14 AM
Digital

David, you are relatively new to THIS din of inequity and haven't
been exposed to the Wrath of Stevie when you have Opposed his
personal opinions! :-)

Yes, leave it to a self-proclaimed, loquatious oldster to say in seven
paragraphs that which could be said in a single sentence.
Brevity and humility are not in Lennie's dictionary.
Flatulence, on the other hand......

Old August 21st 05, 12:03 PM
K4YZ

an_old_friend wrote:
David Stinson wrote:
KY4Z wrote:
The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned. They become bitter and hateful adults

Ah yes another of the Robeson S&M school of licenses

Science and Mechanics? Because the only "pain" I am "into" is
pain RELIEF.

(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).

Well Stevie still hasn't given up on it at 51

Who's 51?

Steve, K4YZ

Old August 21st 05, 12:27 PM
K4YZ

From: David Stinson on Aug 20, 5:34 pm

K4YZ wrote:

The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned.

David, you are relatively new to THIS din of inequity and haven't
been exposed to the Wrath of Stevie when you have Opposed his
personal opinions!

Many here have "opposing" opinions.

MOST don't find it necessary to respond with the adjectives and
diminutives that you have, Lennie.

You eap what you sew, little man.

Robeson has seldom, very seldom argued a SUBJECT in here, choosing
instead to launch a series of Personal Attacks on anyone daring
to oppose him on anything. Some Google searching will show that
in sufficient quantity (thousands of postings insulting others)
to bear that out. [the best referene on his personal frustrations
anguish, and hatred displayed for all to see]

Uhhhhhhhhhh...Acutally you'll find that those types of posts are
pretty much resricted to you, Brain, and Markie, all three of whom are
known to be documented and proven liars.

In the last eight years in here, I've written (and opined) that
United States amateur radio activity is interesting and fun for
those who take a real part in it, for their personal enjoyment as
an avocational pursuit. Having BEGUN HF radio communications in
1953 and NEVER having had to use/operate/know morse code then or
at any time in a successful career as an electronics design
engineer (I am retired - from regular hours), I feel that morse
code testing for a radio AMATEUR license is unwarranted and the
mystique around it ridiculous.

Actually you have gone to great lengths to harrass, intimidate,
deceive and disparge Amateur Radio at every turn.

If you wish to see where I began in communications 52 years ago:

http://kauko.hallikainen.org/history...s/My3Years.pdf

And "52 years ago" was the last time you had anything to do with
"radio" that even closely approximates anything "Amateru
Radio"-ish...And even then you were only a radio mechanic at a
rear-area radio station in the Army...

They become bitter and hateful adults
(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).

David, you are free to think anything you wish of me, but in the
reality of the newsgroup, it won't matter a great deal to me. I
will remain as outspoken as ever...(SNIP)

That means that regardless of how effectively he might be able to
otherwise express his opinions, he will ALSO take every opportunity to
be as foul-mouthed and deceitful as possible, never missing an
opportunity to misrepresent the reality of what is MODERN-DAY Amateur
Radio.

All that nastygrams do is
to take up space and a tiny amount of time in showing just how
vacuuous and puerile such commentary is...

So there we have it...

The same progentiator of "Jimmie", "Reverend Jim", "Der
Feldwebel", "Dill Sergeant", "Katapult Kelly", "High El Heil", etc etc
etc trying to wash his soul clean of his own newsgrouup misdeeds......

They have other sociopathic characteristics, as well.

Robeson's long history of postings in here reads like a Psych 101
introductory precis on Sociopathy.

One can follow your own history on mistruths and insults and know
exactly why you never made it to the top of your class in your chosen
profession.

Probably raised by "Dr. Spock" parents.

Not in my case.

More like Mr. Spock parents.

I was raised by naturalized citizen
(born in Sweden) parents in the 1930s and 1940s.

That answers a lot...Lennie is "all about" giving things
away...He's the product of parents rom the second biggest welfare state
in the world!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Benjamin Spock
probably had not yet entered college yet...and certainly hadn't
begun any PhD Dissertation.

Whcih leaves my "Mr Spock" suggestion pretty close to the mark.

David, you were born in 1957 and are 48 years old. I have MORE
years as an adult working for a living than you have in total
life experience.

Hey David...this is Lennie "claiming seniority" yet he routinely
belittles any Amatuer who points out that they ahve more experience in
what THEY do...

Now, I've read your Comment on WT Docket 05-235
and agree with you that morse code testing has no place in federal
amateur radio licensing examinations.

On the veneration of morse code itself, we differ markedly.

The only thing "venerated" in Lennie's life is Lennie.

We can confine any public
discussions on WT Docket 05-235 to that and avoid personal
squabbling such as demonstrated by Robeson and Jeswald...or not.
Your choice. But, "ya gotta know da territory!" first...

It only takes a couple of your "Gee, I'm a nice guy" posts
followed by your venomous attacks when things don't go your way to
"learn the territory

LenIamAtwoFacedFoulMouthedPunkAtTheD...

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old August 21st 05, 03:14 PM
David Stinson

.... We can confine any public
discussions on WT Docket 05-235 to that and avoid personal
squabbling such as demonstrated by Robeson and Jeswald...or not.
Your choice. But, "ya gotta know da territory!" first... :-)

A careful reading of my post
(and it was written carefully, just because of this)
will show that I did not aim it specifically at you,
though it was easy to imply, I suppose. I said
"people like" those he mentioned.
Though I do admit your first post within the tread read
"tart" to me, so I added a little lemon to mine, as well ;-).

I don't know you, Mr. Anderson, any more than I know
Steve, but it's a good bet you have both halo and horns
at the same time, just like everyone else on UseNet.
Some have more one than the other, and at different times.
But we can discuss this issue despite harps and pitchforks.

I believe that Morse Code deserves preservation on two counts:

1. It has proven simple, practical and useful for 160+ years.
That *you* have not used it, or that I have, is irrelevant.
A very great many have, and successfully, over a long time.
Bicycles are also "old technology," but that does not
invalidate them as a simple and reliable means of transportation.
A large fraction of humanity uses them, because they
do not have the luxury of expensive automobiles and gas.
Continuing within the context of such a society
(or what an more wealthy society can certainly become,
as anyone in South Africa can tell you):
One must practice and develop skill in using a bicycle,
if he wants to get around faster than walking.
If one is unwilling to do the work and take the occasional
fall needed to become a proficient bicycle rider,
then they must accept walking.
It is foolish and futile
for those who have chosen to walk
to curse those riding bicycles and the bicycles themselves.

It is also foolish and short-sighted to take for granted that,
once one has an SUV, that the need to ride a bicycle
will never come again. On such a day,
If *all* have forgotten how to ride,
than all of us shall walk.
If even a few are rewarded for remembering how to ride,
they can teach the many.

2. Historic preservation.
There are some who place no value on spending assets to
preserve touch-stones of humanity's progress.
Most of us do, which is why we spend money and labor
preserving "obsolete" ships, aircraft, telephones,
steam engines, etc. All of them take money and work
to preserve. Morse Code has been at least as important
as the development of the telephone, radio and even
the internet, having been the first "real-time" means
of knitting-together the globe. I submit that is a
valid reason to incentivize its preservation,
and that my proposal is an inexpensive, efficient
and reasonable means of doing so.

73 Dave AB5S