Old October 3rd 05, 10:30 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
I need to test out my new beam. Anyone want to sked ? I'll be on
14321 at 2059Z Saturday, 1 October 2005.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, hope your skeds went well. What beam were you trying out? bb

Didn't hear Dan.

Hope he didn't get antenna advice from W3RV. ;^)

I have had this particular antenna since 1974. I bought it when I was in
Germany on my first tour. Put it up for a couple of years in Munford
Alabama in the 80s. Replaced it with a homebrew monobander for 20. Sold
the antenna, then bought it back.

Repaired it after it hit the ground in a storm. Then drug it around with me
for another couple of decades. Finally got a place to put it.

Dan/W4NTI

OK! I've been dragging stuff around for a few years, and I'm real
tired of living in a restricted neighborhood. By next summer I should
have some real estate that's not 70'x120'.

Horsepucky Putzlet, your goofy excuses don't cut it. I'd kill for a 70'
x 120' lot. No biggie though because I managed to pick up a 5BDXCC,
300+ confirmed and WAZs for both phone and CW from a 50'x 100' lot. And
that was back in tube radio days for God's sake. AND not counting all
the meg+ dx contest scores I churned out. Your problem is not your lot
size, your problem is YOU.

Bleh!

Best of Luck getting it working.

Dan doesn't need luck but you will - lot size completely aside.

w3rv

Old October 3rd 05, 10:48 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
[...]

Welp Kelly, I bought this home with the knowledge that it was in a
restricted neighborhood. So my "goofy excuses" do "cut it." You on
the other hand are known for your rules breaking. You started your
amateur career as a self-admitted bootlegger, and you start field-day
contests somewhat earlier than the contest rules allow for. And what
you'd kill for is pathetic. I choose to -follow- the rules. You
choose to break the rules. ;^)

Best of Luck getting it working.

Dan doesn't need luck but you will - lot size completely aside.

w3rv

Lot size isn't the deciding factor, see "restricted neighborhood." I
guess you really can't fix stupid.

Old October 3rd 05, 01:22 PM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

OK! I've been dragging stuff around for a few years, and I'm real
tired of living in a restricted neighborhood. By next summer I should
have some real estate that's not 70'x120'.

Horsepucky Putzlet, your goofy excuses don't cut it. I'd kill for a 70'
x 120' lot. No biggie though because I managed to pick up a 5BDXCC,
300+ confirmed and WAZs for both phone and CW from a 50'x 100' lot. And
that was back in tube radio days for God's sake. AND not counting all
the meg+ dx contest scores I churned out. Your problem is not your lot
size, your problem is YOU.

Bleh!

Welp Kelly, I bought this home with the knowledge that it was in a
restricted neighborhood. So my "goofy excuses" do "cut it."

Bwaaahaha! Not. See below.

You on
the other hand are known for your rules breaking. You started your
amateur career as a self-admitted bootlegger,

Yeah right. Twelve years old and George heard my Model T Ford spark
coil CW a block around the corner. BFD. Then comes your (mythical) shot
at bootlegging in T5 . .

and you start field-day
contests somewhat earlier than the contest rules allow for.

WTF are you talking about??

And what
you'd kill for is pathetic. I choose to -follow- the rules. You
choose to break the rules. ;^)

How hard is it to avoid breaking the rules when you got no antennas to
break the rules with ya DITZ? Do us all a big favor and "maintain yer
current status".

Best of Luck getting it working.

Dan doesn't need luck but you will - lot size completely aside.

w3rv

Lot size isn't the deciding factor, see "restricted neighborhood." I
guess you really can't fix stupid.

The ultimate stupid is defined as a ham who knowingly moves into an
antenna-restricted neighborhood. Apply for the award from the Darwin
Society, you've earned it fair and square. .

w3rv

Old October 2nd 05, 09:57 PM

Toadie never showed at the time he said he'd be transmitting anyways.
No loss to ham radio in any case.

Good luck in the contest.

Old October 2nd 05, 11:29 PM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
oups.com...
Toadie never showed at the time he said he'd be transmitting anyways.
No loss to ham radio in any case.

Good luck in the contest.

I knew the Toad wouldn't show up. He is just full of it.

I was trying out the new beam installation here. Beat the crap out of the
wires.

Made 363 QSO's and all but 7 counties in California. 47,736 was the score.
Think this is the best I've done with the California QSO Party.

Low Power (100w) by the way.

Dan/W4NTI

Rare Progressive Rock From Mainland China This Saturday Night Gagliarchives Radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 June 19th 04 01:44 AM
Chris Poland Spotlight, New Marillion on Philadelphia Radio Saturday Night Gagliarchives Radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 May 22nd 04 06:26 PM
Cuneiform Records 20th Anniversary Program Saturday Night Gagliarchives Radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 May 15th 04 05:31 AM
VoR A04 English N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 1st 04 12:57 PM
This Saturday Night: Gary Green Of Gentle Giant Interview Flashback, Colosseum II, Barry Miles gagliarchives radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 July 18th 03 11:15 PM