Old November 10th 05, 07:58 PM
Bill Sohl

Default Day 2 - 05-235 - Any new procode test arguments?

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill Sohl wrote:
Some 48 hours has elapsed and only one new argument
was raised and that has no actual example(s) of any
country no longer granting reciprocal licenses to
amy of the 20+ countries that have already ended
all code testing.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

any thought on how you will keep this up?
just cruious my own siggestion is 7 days then
weekly til the R&O comes out

Since the comment phase is now officially closed I
was only asking if anyone knew of any new arguments
filed in support of code testing. Jim N2EY gave us
one...but, now that I think about it, he never actually
said that he or anyone else actually submitted that
argument as actual comments to the NPRM.

My opinion, we ain't gonna see anything new beyond
Jim's rather weak addition...which may not even by an
actual submission. I'll give the folks a week or so per
your suggestion "old friend".

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Old November 12th 05, 03:27 PM
Bill Sohl

Default Day 4 - 05-235 - Any new procode test arguments?

Still nothing of any consequence.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

ink.net...

Old November 12th 05, 06:27 PM
John

Bill Sohl wrote:
Still nothing of any consequence.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"an old friend" wrote in message
groups.com...

Bill Sohl wrote:

[...]

I did see at least one comment (no idea who's) that mentioned reciprocal
licenses. I believe it proposed not the retention of code testing to
get a license but some form of code endorsement to satisfy some other
country's requirement.
John

Old November 12th 05, 10:41 PM
an_old_friend

John wrote:
Bill Sohl wrote:
Still nothing of any consequence.

cut
I did see at least one comment (no idea who's) that mentioned reciprocal
licenses. I believe it proposed not the retention of code testing to
get a license but some form of code endorsement to satisfy some other
country's requirement.

Jim refers to this idea but can't id any comenteor that made it

BillSohl addressed the issue elsewhere but that is IMO the best answer
to what new idea has been advanced to date

If you send me a SASE (kb9rqz) I will send you your wining's 1 cent and
a note that you likely can't read congratualting you
John

Old November 15th 05, 11:27 PM
Bill Sohl

Default Day 7 - 05-235 - Any new procode test arguments?

Well I thnk it's time to stop waiting.
Day 7 and nothing new.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Old November 16th 05, 12:12 AM

Bill Sohl wrote:
Well I thnk it's time to stop waiting.
Day 7 and nothing new.

Never is, and that's the point.

Removal of Code Testing is long overdue.

Old November 16th 05, 02:05 AM

Bill Sohl wrote:
Well I thnk it's time to stop waiting.
Day 7 and nothing new.

With all due respect, Bill....

Did you really expect that someone would point the way,
so that anticodetest folks could write reply comments
without having to look through all the comments?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old November 16th 05, 11:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
Bill Sohl wrote:
Well I thnk it's time to stop waiting.
Day 7 and nothing new.

With all due respect, Bill....

Did you really expect that someone would point the way,
so that anticodetest folks could write reply comments
without having to look through all the comments?

No I doubt that Bill thinks the Procoder feel any reagrd to engage in
opne deabte we have hae in the SOP of most of the procoders here

However Bill in addresing the NG does not merely addres the ProCoder

So, answer his question!

OTOH the If the ProCoders have got something new they need to shouting
it off the roof top so the FCC might hear and consider this new point

Why mention it here?

the best New point is so repceprical licenseing issues but that hardly
seems enough to turn the course (it is but a hicup issue ar best)

Logical the R&O should be by the end of the week or at worst the month

How is that "logical"?

FCC has no set deadline to produce the R&O. Given the large number of
comments, reply comments and other filings to consider, it will not be
a quick
process. Remember that FCC doesn't just have to read the comments -
they
also have to decide which arguments are most compelling, cite them, and
justify their decision.

On top of that is the fact that while the majority of commenters
support
removing the code test for General, the majority of commenters also
support keeping the code test for Extra. So if FCC wants to remove the
code test for Extra, they have to justify ignoring what the majority
wants.

The R&Os from FCC are carefully worded, and that sort of thing takes
a bunch of time.

However the Govt is not known for its logical behavoir

I don't think you understand "logical", Mark.

Old November 16th 05, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

wrote:
an old friend wrote:
wrote:
Bill Sohl wrote:
Well I thnk it's time to stop waiting.
Day 7 and nothing new.

With all due respect, Bill....

Did you really expect that someone would point the way,
so that anticodetest folks could write reply comments
without having to look through all the comments?

No I doubt that Bill thinks the Procoder feel any reagrd to engage in
opne deabte we have hae in the SOP of most of the procoders here

However Bill in addresing the NG does not merely addres the ProCoder

So, answer his question!

I have

OTOH the If the ProCoders have got something new they need to shouting
it off the roof top so the FCC might hear and consider this new point

Why mention it here?

so more people might comet and bring it to the attention of the FCC

the best New point is so repceprical licenseing issues but that hardly
seems enough to turn the course (it is but a hicup issue ar best)

Logical the R&O should be by the end of the week or at worst the month

How is that "logical"?

no new arguement were entered therefore no reason to modify the R&O
from NPRM

FCC has no set deadline to produce the R&O. Given the large number of
comments, reply comments and other filings to consider, it will not be
a quick
process. Remember that FCC doesn't just have to read the comments -
they
also have to decide which arguments are most compelling, cite them, and
justify their decision.

no they do not

On top of that is the fact that while the majority of commenters
support
removing the code test for General, the majority of commenters also
support keeping the code test for Extra. So if FCC wants to remove the
code test for Extra, they have to justify ignoring what the majority
wants.

no they don't

The R&Os from FCC are carefully worded, and that sort of thing takes
a bunch of time.

However the Govt is not known for its logical behavoir

I don't think you understand "logical", Mark.

I am sure that you don't understand logic or the process of law