Old November 14th 05, 05:39 AM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected

From: Iitoi on Nov 11, 7:58 pm

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ

PS: The correct name is Iitoi, not iitoi.

It is NOT, little brother.

At best it is Papago Pete or as a simple Basket Case...

In Tohono O'odham LEGENDS it goes something like this:

"The 'Man in the Maze' legend is of Iitoi, also known as Elder
Brother. Spared from death by his creator because of his true
and honest ways, he was chosen to help create the Hohokam
people from whom the Tohono O'odham descended, after a flood
killed all the other desert people who had turned sinful."

There's much more, including "Iitoi being placed on Baboquivari
mountain." [by the creator] Lovely add-on to legend on how
butterflies were created, very cute. :-)

Basket making is a long-honored tradition of the Tohono O'odham
and many of their baskets include a maze in the weaving design
with a crude figure of a person entering/leaving the maze...
hence the "Man in the Maze" as the LEGEND is known today.

In order to be capitalized as Iitoi, if you are not of Japanese
ancestry and bearing that Anglicized version of the Japanese
family name, then you have to be long dead and the stuff of
legends to use "Iitoi." You are none of those, hence the
uncapitalized "name" of iitoi to denote a LITTLE brother.

Are you the stuff of legend? Or just stuff? Maybe others
could use a "title/name" of some religion? How about Jesus
Christ himself? Or one of the apostles? How about "Sistah"
of Bhudda? Or Muhammad's own mountain? Not much basket
weaving about that, I realize, and little hope (or Hopi) for
profit (or prophet). Promoting yucca baskets is more
"mystical."

I realize that morse code radiotelegraphy is sometimes worshipped
as a legend, but I don't think "the People" will accept that.
You tell us, LITTLE brother. Do "the People" revere morse
code? Do they worship St. Hiram and the legendary "T.O.M.?"

Many Navajo call themselves The People. There can't be TWO
"People" can there? Do you ascribe "true and honest ways"
to the Navajo?

What do "The People" think of amateur radio periodical cover
designs and publishing logos? You seem to be hot to trot to
FIGHT over a periodical that stopped publishing 15 years ago.
Do "The People" think Ham Radio magazine is now the stuff of
legends?

Have you checked with Zenna Henderson on "The People?" She
wrote much about "The People." Unfortunately, those were not
of this earth.

By the way, I come from Chief Blackhawk country where the
Winnebago were "The People." Gee, that makes THREE "The
People!" Wow, legend-ary dispute!

I'm like bored with Jimmie Noserve and his never-ceasing
battle to save morsemanship in amateur radio. He is not
without sin yet he keeps on casting stones. He has the gall
to do it. May his gall stones give him pleasure.

Now, if I want to hear about "The People," I can find out from
some Hopi I'm acquainted with. But, I would rather read the
mysteries of Tony Hillerman and get all "The People" information
from Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee thoughts while working with the
Navajo Tribal Police. More exciting reading (plus intellectual
puzzle fun) to read those novels than a lot of "legendary"
gall stone passers' output in this newsgroup.

Get those basket weavers to improve on the man in the basket
design, okay? Right now it looks like a little stick figure.
Don't try to "stick us" with some nonsense of "legends."

Old November 17th 05, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

Default Carl Stevenson Elected To IEEE Post

an old friend wrote:
wrote:

"K4YZ" has become a colorful euphimism for intolerant, bad mannered
RRAP citizen.

euphimish? not sure that is the right word

Priceless!

The less-than-dynamic duo both managed to butcher the word. I'm with
Mark, though. I'm not sure that is the right word.

Dave K8MN

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM