Old November 12th 05, 03:58 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I'm getting that way with these mighty morsemen motivated fighters. Jimmie be happy as proverbial clam if he can word-fight...and now "iitoi" (whoever it be) wants to do same.
Wow, did I call this one or what!!!! This is classic Len-hoist-by-his-own-peyote! ("Peyote" is a John Wayne-style euro-descent mis-name - here the People call it mezcal.)

Follow along, boys and girls, and take a lesson in the Anderson technique of mistake-correction-squirm/misdirection.

(Opening) N2EY (correctly) referenced an out-of-publication by the name "ham radio" (uncapitalized).

A. (Mistake) Len surmises that somehow that's a "slight" of his association with the magazine. So, in order to gain some messaging points he picks a fight with N2EY about "refused to capitalize the Ham Radio magazine name".

(NB: Len wrote many damned good technical articles for "ham radio" --- "well done" to him on that score.)

B. (Correction) The magazine in question never called itself capitalized "Ham Radio" --- It's cover name and all internal references, masthead, copyright declarations, and other "branding" folderol used the un-capitalized "ham radio" and the the corporate name "hr publishing" adopted the same lower-case convention. I and N2EY both pointed this out to Len, along with web images of the actual magazine cover.

C. (Squirming and Misdirection) Presented with the facts, Len launches a long irrelevant monologue about Jim Fisk, obsolete typewriters, and paychecks, et. al., blows off the capitalization issue as not important (if it wasn't important, why did HE start the fight about it?), and exits declaring himself bored.

In the past month or so since I joined rrap I've been impressed several times with how smoothly Len follows this simple A-B-C script. Watch for it.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ

PS: The correct name is Iitoi, not iitoi.
Old November 12th 05, 12:27 PM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected

Iitoi wrote:
Wrote:

I'm getting that way with these mighty morsemen motivated fighters.
Jimmie be happy as proverbial clam if he can word-fight...and now
"iitoi" (whoever it be) wants to do same.

Wow, did I call this one or what!!!!

Yes, you did.

This is classic
Len-hoist-by-his-own-peyote! ("Peyote" is a John Wayne-style
euro-descent mis-name - here the People call it mezcal.)

Follow along, boys and girls, and take a lesson in the Anderson
technique of mistake-correction-squirm/misdirection.

Which is part of the larger cycle.

[...]

Yep, that's part of the classic profile. Here's some more bits:

1) Reference to others by made-up nicknames such as "Jimmie" and
"iitoi",
(lack of capitalization intentional), etc.

2) Bad catchphrases such as "mighty morsemen motivated fighters"

3) incorrect grammar such as "be happy as proverbial clam"

4) Long irrelevant detailed retaling of something Len did decades ago.

And the key point was not the capitalization at all, but that ARRL does
not, and has not, had a virtual monopoly on amateur radio publications.

Very predictable. In fact, there's a simple profile that pretty much
predicts Len's behavior in any newsgroup situation. It's appeared
here in rrap a few times.....

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old November 12th 05, 06:31 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old friend
ah yes the stevie school of attack if you have nothing call your opentn
a drug user
"Opentn"? Maybe Mark meant "oponent"? I have no oponent here, only conversation mates.

But more important, let's show the girls and boys another example of Marks discombobulated mental processes.

Mark, please try to follow along. Ask one of the other children for help if you have trouble keeping pace with the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Anderson
Iitoi now wants to FIGHT over the subject!

Maybe there's too much peyote lying around there.
Note, boys and girls who first raised the notion of drug use. (Hint: It wasn't this correspondent.)

Then see the response.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iitoi

This is classic! Len-hoist-by-his-own-peyote! ("Peyote" is a John Wayne-style euro-descent mis-name - here the People call it mezcal.)
Now, girls and boys, please take Mark to the back of the room and explain who first suggested someone was a drug user. I'll allow you only a short period of time --- be back in your seats in 30-minutes.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak
Old November 12th 05, 09:38 PM
an_old_friend

Iitoi wrote:
an old friend Wrote:

ah yes the stevie school of attack if you have nothing call your
opentn
a drug user

"Opentn"? Maybe Mark meant "oponent"? I have no oponent here, only
conversation mates.

you have oppenent wether you know it or not
dut
Len Anderson Wrote:

Iitoi now wants to FIGHT over the subject!

Maybe there's too much peyote lying around there.

Note, boys and girls who first raised the notion of drug use. (Hint:
It wasn't this correspondent.)

no in point of fact was Stevie aka Dudly aka the pisecie of chit

Iitoi

Old November 12th 05, 11:26 PM
Dave Heil

Iitoi Wrote:

This is classic! Len-hoist-by-his-own-peyote! ("Peyote" is a John
Wayne-style euro-descent mis-name - here the People call it mezcal.)

Now, girls and boys, please take Mark to the back of the room and
explain who first suggested someone was a drug user. I'll allow you
only a short period of time --- be back in your seats in 30-minutes.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak

Now you've done it. You'll be forever branded by Mark as a "lier".

Dave K8MN
Old November 13th 05, 01:57 AM

an_old_friend wrote:
Iitoi wrote:
an old friend Wrote:

ah yes the stevie school of attack if you have nothing call your
opentn a drug user

"Opentn"? Maybe Mark meant "oponent"? I have no oponent here, only
conversation mates.

you have oppenent wether you know it or not
dut

Perhaps you think you are Iitoi's opponent.

But he does not see you as one.

Len Anderson Wrote:

Iitoi now wants to FIGHT over the subject!

Maybe there's too much peyote lying around there.

Note, boys and girls who first raised the notion of drug use. (Hint:
It wasn't this correspondent.)

no in point of fact was Stevie aka Dudly aka the pisecie of chit

I have no idea what a "pisecie of chit" could possibly be.

More important is the fact that Len is the first in the discussion to
mention "peyote", in an obvious reference to Iitoi's location.
An obvious attempt at misdirection by Len.

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM