Old November 11th 05, 09:11 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Tsk, tsk. Note that Jimmie refused to capitalize the Ham
Radio magazine name.

That would be because "Ham Radio" magazine did not exist. The magazine cover called it "ham radio", not "Ham Radio". See an actual cover at http://webhome.idirect.com/~griffith/hrindex.htm .

But here we have Len manufacturing a "slight" and displaying his patented umbrage in order to perpetuate his "victim of Morse users" status again. So unfortunate that his facts were in disarray and he stands as a victim of his own petulance.

Tsk, tsk.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak
Old November 11th 05, 09:23 PM
Dave Heil

Default Carl Stevenson Elected To IEEE Post

an_old_friend wrote:

...my Memeber in NCI was german to the discussion...

Classic.

Ach du lieber!

Dave K8MN
Old November 11th 05, 09:34 PM
an_old_friend

Dave Heil wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

...my Memeber in NCI was german to the discussion...

Classic.

does it truely give you pleasure to laugh at another weaknesses?

I have studied Christianity and by that stadard you are sick moraly
sick

Ach du lieber!

Dave K8MN

Old November 11th 05, 09:45 PM
Dave Heil

an_old_friend wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

...my Memeber in NCI was german to the discussion...

Classic.

does it truely give you pleasure to laugh at another weaknesses?

Do you by chance mean the weakness which causes you to refuse to use a
spell checker and refer to your butchery of the English language as "not
my probelm"?

I have studied Christianity and by that stadard you are sick moraly
sick

I'm not apt to take any advice you provide on morality to heart.
Remember, Mark, you just claimed yesterday that you are doing this stuff
deliberately to make it difficult to read. I'm not your target
audience. Do you recall that?

Ach du lieber!

Dave K8MN

Old November 11th 05, 10:08 PM
an_old_friend

Dave Heil wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

...my Memeber in NCI was german to the discussion...
Classic.

does it truely give you pleasure to laugh at another weaknesses?

Do you by chance mean the weakness which causes you to refuse to use a
spell checker and refer to your butchery of the English language as "not
my probelm"?

yes obviously your understood the question

I have studied Christianity and by that stadard you are sick moraly
sick

I'm not apt to take any advice you provide on morality to heart.

A ture stament from Dave I my just die of heart failure

Remember, Mark, you just claimed yesterday that you are doing this stuff
deliberately to make it difficult to read.

another lie Dave I did not say that exactly

I said since it served my purpose and was the eaiser path I do nothing
to make easier for YOU and that I am pleased it does make it harder for
you( or words to that effect)

nowhere in there except byprocessing it through your mind and you
ASSUMING the rest does one get your mistatement of my postition
I'm not your target
audience. Do you recall that?

indeed and the target audeince got the message I was sending LOUD and
clear

while it seems (at least you are not leting on your got it) you missed
it completely

thank you for helping reach my target audeinece today and your aid in
making my point to them

Ach du lieber!

Dave K8MN

Old November 11th 05, 11:05 PM

From: on Nov 11, 7:21 am

ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years.

"CQ" magazine. "73" magazine. "ham radio" magazine. Bash books.
Gordon West publications. "Worldradio" publications. Ameco
publications.
W5YI.

"Ham Radio" magazine has been pronounced "defunct" by you. Now you
claim differently? And Bash, what is the copyright on the latest Bash
book?

Tsk, tsk. Note that Jimmie refused to capitalize the Ham
Radio magazine name. Ham Radio magazine ceased publication
in 1990. That was 15 years before now. Ham Radio had been
in continuous INDEPENDENT monthly publication for 22 years.

Longer than I've been a ham.

Irony is that the Ham Radio Bookstore got sold to CQ along
with HR and is still in business. HR continued with a
quarterly that became Communications Quarterly under the
CQ aegis, then merged with ARRL's QEX. CQ Communications
made a 3-disk CD on all 22 years worth of HR articles and
sells it over their Book Store for $150. ARRL resells the
same item. :-)

I guess "ham radio" magazine is only "defunct" when Jim needs it to be,
and a competing publishing house when it needs to be.

One has only to drop into any HRO and check out their
books-magazines rack/display. ARRL publications far
out-pace ALL others.

....combined.

Just a glance at the ARRL web page
will show books of all sorts on amateur radio for sale,
including fiction novels. The nearest competitor is CQ
Communications products through its Book Store via mail
order.

RSGB has a few offerings at Universal Electonics book section.

I do like World Radio and think "thier" SAR columns are excellent. I
need to subscribe to them now that the ARRL has lost my membership or
19 years. They should have let Carl run and take his chances with the
rest of the contenders. Last Straw. Too bad for the ARRL.

ARRL can do no wrong. Ever.

A wise American once said, "I will renew my membership no more,
forever!"

May Jimmie dwell in the house of the Board forever.

"Bored"

Old November 11th 05, 11:12 PM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected

From: Iitoi on Nov 11, 7:30 am

Carl R. Stevenson Wrote:

Just to clarify, it's actually a seat on the IEEE-SA Board of Governors
- a role that Dennis Bodson, ARRL Roanoake Division Director held for
some time in parallel with his ARRL position.

Congratulations, Carl, and thanks for the press releases you sent.

For those who don't get all your news from rrap or IEEE bulletins, open
your copy of this months copy of Scientific American magazine. In it
they recognize Carl by naming him one of the "SA50" for his work in
WiFi radio.

Good on Carl.

Too bad ARRL thinks they are better than Scientific American...:-(

Old November 11th 05, 11:29 PM

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Just to clarify, it's actually a seat on the IEEE-SA Board of Governors

Congratulations again, Carl!

- a
role that Dennis Bodson, ARRL Roanoake Division Director held for some time
in parallel with his ARRL position.

Wasn't a conflict of interest either way...

And there will be more ARRL elections.

btw, it is interesting to note the name of Carl's firm.

Jim is referring to the fact that my company is named "WK3C Wireless LLC"

Yup. Catchy and direct. Easy to remember and hard to confuse with other
companies.

... The simple fact of the matter is that, since "WK3C" is unique to me, it
was a simple way of assuring that there were no name conflicts when I filed
the papers to form the company with the PA authorities.

Has the added benefit of being a way to bring up the subject of amateur
radio to professional and nonprofessional acquaintances.

Good luck, Carl!

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old November 11th 05, 11:37 PM

From: on Nov 11, 7:21 am

ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years.

"CQ" magazine. "73" magazine. "ham radio" magazine. Bash books.
Gordon West publications. "Worldradio" publications. Ameco
publications.
W5YI.

"Ham Radio" magazine has been pronounced "defunct" by you. Now you
claim differently? And Bash, what is the copyright on the latest Bash
book?

Tsk, tsk. Note that

N2EY

refused to capitalize the Ham
Radio magazine name.

Not a refusal. A correct reference.

As litoi has pointed out, there was no "Ham Radio" magazine. In
imitation/homage to e.e. cummings and/or k.d. laing, it was called
"ham radio". I have several of them, including the rare Vol.1 No.1,
and the cover title is not capitalized.

Ham Radio magazine ceased publication
in 1990. That was 15 years before now. Ham Radio had been
in continuous INDEPENDENT monthly publication for 22 years.

And yet you claim

"ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years."

Irony is that the Ham Radio Bookstore got sold to CQ along
with HR and is still in business. HR continued with a
quarterly that became Communications Quarterly under the
CQ aegis, then merged with ARRL's QEX. CQ Communications
made a 3-disk CD on all 22 years worth of HR articles and
sells it over their Book Store for $150. ARRL resells the
same item. :-)

And yet you claim

"ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years."

One has only to drop into any HRO and check out their
books-magazines rack/display. ARRL publications far
out-pace ALL others. Just a glance at the ARRL web page
will show books of all sorts on amateur radio for sale,
including fiction novels. The nearest competitor is CQ
Communications products through its Book Store via mail
order.

Is that a "VIRTUAL monopoly", Len?

Could it be that, in a free market, ARRL publications are simply
more popular? Maybe their *quality* has something to do with
it?

Old November 12th 05, 12:23 AM

From: on Nov 11, 3:05 pm

From: on Nov 11, 7:21 am

Tsk, tsk. Note that Jimmie refused to capitalize the Ham
Radio magazine name. Ham Radio magazine ceased publication
in 1990. That was 15 years before now. Ham Radio had been
in continuous INDEPENDENT monthly publication for 22 years.

Longer than I've been a ham.

A 22-year run as an independent in the hobby periodical
trade is pretty good. 22 years is enough time to
conceive a child, raise them from birth, and see them
to legal adulthood. Not good enough for Dudly the Imposter,
though...not Jimmie...and, now, not iitoi. :-)

I guess "ham radio" magazine is only "defunct" when Jim needs it to be,
and a competing publishing house when it needs to be.

According to this anony-mousie "iitoi," HAM RADIO
magazine DID NOT EXIST! :-)

Poor 'iitoi' is SO wanting to FIGHT on something that he
is now wanting to argue TYPE FONTS in Cover Graphics!

I wasn't "with" HR in all 22 years but I've corresponded
enough with founding Editor in Chief Jim Fisk (SK as
W1HR, that call a club call now) to have a LOT of
letterhead and logo information on what HAM RADIO magazine
called itself. As an Associate Editor under Alf Wilson
(W6NIF) and then Rich Rosen, there's more. I've got a
fair collection in paper (with real ink). But, the
subject of TYPE FONT and Cover Design Graphics never
came up. In ordinary typewriter type we would refer to
the magazine as "Ham Radio" with others and just Ham
Radio in inter-staff correspondence. Double-quotes are
a convention to ALSO mean italics when a typewriting
thingy doesn't have easy-changing type fonts. The
compensation checks I got had the title capitalized
and the Bank of America didn't fight with me on that. :-)

Iitoi now wants to FIGHT over the subject!

Maybe there's too much peyote lying around there.

Or lack of it?

I'm not going to FIGHT over Cover Graphic Design.

That's like arguing three ways from last Tuesday on the
flashy cabinet of a radio without once bothering with
what's INSIDE it. But, if their ignorance is so much
that they don't know what's between covers, they can
feel happy about "getting someone" in a newsgroup.

Just a glance at the ARRL web page
will show books of all sorts on amateur radio for sale,
including fiction novels. The nearest competitor is CQ
Communications products through its Book Store via mail
order.

RSGB has a few offerings at Universal Electonics book section.

I have a personal preference for RSGB publications for their
graphics and layout. A distinct preference for Pat Hawker's
column in Radio Communication (membership magazine of RSGB).
Hawker's column has carried a lot of very leading-edge
techniques done in Yurp as well as UK...Peter Martinez' trials
with the Gingell polyphase R-C network for SSB mod/demod and
Martinez' PSK31.

ARRL can do no wrong. Ever.

A wise American once said, "I will renew my membership no more,
forever!"

:-)

May Jimmie dwell in the house of the Board forever.

"Bored"

I'm getting that way with these mighty morsemen motivated
fighters. Jimmie be happy as proverbial clam if he can
word-fight...and now "iitoi" (whoever it be) wants to do same.

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM