RadioBanter

-   -   Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/82042-windy-andersons-11-14-reply-comments.html)

K4YZ November 23rd 05 11:29 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

wrote:
an old friend wrote:
wrote:

cuting back to a len remark some time ago
quote
We have NOT seen where any other radio amateur has
ever "worked" him on the amateur bands.
unquote

I can attest that several folks have in fact worked or should I say
have been worked over by K4YZ they to a man they proclaim him a "papa
oscar serria"

No you can't.

Not a one.

Provide some callsigns, Markie, otherwise you're just manufactuing
yet ANOTHER of your great many bits of deceit.

Is that the papal 'we' or the royal 'we'?

Probably the multiple personality disorder "we."

Does it matter?

It would to a mental health professional.

None of them include you...Or Lennie...Or Markie...Or Toiddie...Or
Frankie...

That would be Len, Mark, Todd, and Frank.

What's with the constant dishing out of the diminuitives?

it is ok for him we force to do it to us

but at least for my part I settle for him to stop with aids and
pedophilia crap I don't mind the "markie" bit so much. it is amoug the
least of Stevie many sins

As one of the few Christians on RRAP that Mike, Dave, Jim and Hans
absolutely won't make fun of, Steve will probably burn for his sins.

Hey Brian...Why are you manufacturing yet another bit of deceit?

Hans has roasted me rather thoroughly on occassions...Sometimes
rightfully so, others not to...

Jim doesn't mid at all going toe-to-toe with me when he feels he's
got a point to make. Yet you never see him call me a name, not I him.
Hmmmmmmmm...Guess that pretty well throws some of the "can't
participate in civil debate" rants out the window....

Not that they weren't out the window YEARS ago.....

I wonder how Mike's BBS is coming along?

Is there anyone out there who can give him a hand??? Speed is of the
utmost importance.

"rape an old friend" says Tennessee Nurse, Steven J Robeson, LPN

Nope. That's NOT what I said. If you're going to quote me, quote
me accurately, Brian.

Steve, K4YZ

an old friend November 23rd 05 04:02 PM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
an old friend wrote:
wrote:

cuting back to a len remark some time ago
quote
We have NOT seen where any other radio amateur has
ever "worked" him on the amateur bands.
unquote

I can attest that several folks have in fact worked or should I say
have been worked over by K4YZ they to a man they proclaim him a "papa
oscar serria"

No you can't.

wrong again i have therefore i can

Not a one.

Provide some callsigns, Markie, otherwise you're just manufactuing
yet ANOTHER of your great many bits of deceit.

no way and subject them to YOU for further abuse

no way
I am much more polite than that

cut
but at least for my part I settle for him to stop with aids and
pedophilia crap I don't mind the "markie" bit so much. it is amoug the
least of Stevie many sins

As one of the few Christians on RRAP that Mike, Dave, Jim and Hans
absolutely won't make fun of, Steve will probably burn for his sins.

Hey Brian...Why are you manufacturing yet another bit of deceit?

what deceit?

Hans has roasted me rather thoroughly on occassions...Sometimes
rightfully so, others not to...

Jim doesn't mid at all going toe-to-toe with me when he feels he's
got a point to make. Yet you never see him call me a name, not I him.
Hmmmmmmmm...Guess that pretty well throws some of the "can't
participate in civil debate" rants out the window....

Not that they weren't out the window YEARS ago.....

I wonder how Mike's BBS is coming along?

Is there anyone out there who can give him a hand??? Speed is of the
utmost importance.

"rape an old friend" says Tennessee Nurse, Steven J Robeson, LPN

Nope. That's NOT what I said. If you're going to quote me, quote
me accurately, Brian.

it is acurate more accurate than yourself

Steve, K4YZ

Dave Heil November 23rd 05 09:45 PM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

wrote:
From:
on Tues, Nov 22 2005 8:12 pm

Hmmm...not a brand I recognize in this corner of the USA. The
"Newman's Own" line of food products may not be popular farther
east in the USA? I've tried "Newman's Own" Ranch dressing but
personally prefer the "Hidden Valley" brand for Ranch dressing.

I had you pegged as a "Hidden Agenda" man.

Morsemen can do anything in impunity...or is it "special
dispensation?" They have a "mass" of lies. If only they
would go to confessional and admit them...

They have black mass and wrenchysnitch. Egg nog afterwards.

Some have "hot buttered rum" in foursomes around a fire of
oak leaves and discuss Anderson PowerPole connectors.

That may have been the topic in the cozy lodge or it may have been your
tiny, old, dusty Johnson. That Anderson Powerpole bit may be a bit of
self-aggrandizement on your part.

Appears to be a popular ceremony along the Atlantic states.

What was it that your Nordic ancestors did--paint their faces blue and
howl at the moon?

See you in the CQ Worldwide DX CW 'test this weekend, Len or do you plan
to stick with the Wordwide?

Dave K8MN

K4YZ November 25th 05 02:28 PM

an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
an old friend wrote:
wrote:

cuting back to a len remark some time ago
quote
We have NOT seen where any other radio amateur has
ever "worked" him on the amateur bands.
unquote

I can attest that several folks have in fact worked or should I say
have been worked over by K4YZ they to a man they proclaim him a "papa
oscar serria"

No you can't.

wrong again i have therefore i can

No, you can't and no you havne't.

Not a single callsign.

A lie. Well, "several lies" since you said "several folks" made
these allegations.

Not a one.

Provide some callsigns, Markie, otherwise you're just manufactuing
yet ANOTHER of your great many bits of deceit.

no way and subject them to YOU for further abuse

The ABUSE comes from you suggesting these people made some
"comment".

What we have here is a point blank lie, Colonel. Not that we're
not used to it from you or anything!

no way

You mean "no way that I can make up calls that you'd not be able
to actually follow-up on and find out I was lying...AGAIN!

I am much more polite than that

Oh? It's "polite" to put lies in other people's mouths, Markie?

but at least for my part I settle for him to stop with aids and
pedophilia crap I don't mind the "markie" bit so much. it is amoug the
least of Stevie many sins

As one of the few Christians on RRAP that Mike, Dave, Jim and Hans
absolutely won't make fun of, Steve will probably burn for his sins.

Hey Brian...Why are you manufacturing yet another bit of deceit?

what deceit?

I'd point it out to you, but you'd forget in 2 minutes and I'd
have to do it all over again.

Hans has roasted me rather thoroughly on occassions...Sometimes
rightfully so, others not to...

Jim doesn't mid at all going toe-to-toe with me when he feels he's
got a point to make. Yet you never see him call me a name, not I him.
Hmmmmmmmm...Guess that pretty well throws some of the "can't
participate in civil debate" rants out the window....

Not that they weren't out the window YEARS ago.....

I wonder how Mike's BBS is coming along?

Is there anyone out there who can give him a hand??? Speed is of the
utmost importance.

"rape an old friend" says Tennessee Nurse, Steven J Robeson, LPN

Nope. That's NOT what I said. If you're going to quote me, quote
me accurately, Brian.

it is acurate more accurate than yourself

No, it's NOT "acurate", Markie.

Steve, K4YZ

an old friend November 26th 05 08:51 PM

K4YZ wrote:
an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
an old friend wrote:
wrote:

cuting back to a len remark some time ago
quote
We have NOT seen where any other radio amateur has
ever "worked" him on the amateur bands.
unquote

I can attest that several folks have in fact worked or should I say
have been worked over by K4YZ they to a man they proclaim him a "papa
oscar serria"

No you can't.

wrong again i have therefore i can

No, you can't and no you havne't.

I have attested that severla folks have said your are a POS

Not a single callsign.

no callsgins provided

A lie. Well, "several lies" since you said "several folks" made
these allegations.

nope a simple truth

are you realy so nuts as to think everyone in the ARS aside from the
Five of us likes you?

Not a one.

Provide some callsigns, Markie, otherwise you're just manufactuing
yet ANOTHER of your great many bits of deceit.

no way and subject them to YOU for further abuse

The ABUSE comes from you suggesting these people made some
"comment".

nope wrong again

you are abusive

What we have here is a point blank lie, Colonel. Not that we're
not used to it from you or anything!

nope we have a statement I refuse to support as you wish since i do am
ethical enough to protect my sources

no way

You mean "no way that I can make up calls that you'd not be able
to actually follow-up on and find out I was lying...AGAIN!

nope

your are lying agian

I am much more polite than that

Oh? It's "polite" to put lies in other people's mouths, Markie?

well you do that and claim you are polite

but I was making no such claim

but at least for my part I settle for him to stop with aids and
pedophilia crap I don't mind the "markie" bit so much. it is amoug the
least of Stevie many sins

As one of the few Christians on RRAP that Mike, Dave, Jim and Hans
absolutely won't make fun of, Steve will probably burn for his sins.

Hey Brian...Why are you manufacturing yet another bit of deceit?

what deceit?

I'd point it out to you, but you'd forget in 2 minutes and I'd
have to do it all over again.

no the problem is you have never poined out any deceit from brain just
places where he disagrees with you

cut

"rape an old friend" says Tennessee Nurse, Steven J Robeson, LPN

Nope. That's NOT what I said. If you're going to quote me, quote
me accurately, Brian.

it is acurate more accurate than yourself

No, it's NOT "acurate", Markie.

yes it is

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] November 27th 05 12:49 AM

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
on Tues, Nov 22 2005 8:12 pm

Hmmm...not a brand I recognize in this corner of the USA. The
"Newman's Own" line of food products may not be popular farther
east in the USA? I've tried "Newman's Own" Ranch dressing but
personally prefer the "Hidden Valley" brand for Ranch dressing.

I had you pegged as a "Hidden Agenda" man.

Says "Sun-dried Tomato" from WV.

Morsemen can do anything in impunity...or is it "special
dispensation?" They have a "mass" of lies. If only they
would go to confessional and admit them...
They have black mass and wrenchysnitch. Egg nog afterwards.

Some have "hot buttered rum" in foursomes around a fire of
oak leaves and discuss Anderson PowerPole connectors.

That may have been the topic in the cozy lodge or it may have been your
tiny, old, dusty Johnson. That Anderson Powerpole bit may be a bit of
self-aggrandizement on your part.

Everyone seems to have "thier" own opinion on the subject.

Appears to be a popular ceremony along the Atlantic states.

What was it that your Nordic ancestors did--paint their faces blue and
howl at the moon?

Or ate sardines for breakfast?

See you in the CQ Worldwide DX CW 'test this weekend, Len or do you plan
to stick with the Wordwide?

Dave K8MN

Is there a CQ WWW this weekend? Never heard of it.

Maybe John Dorr could shed some light on your "assertion of fact."

[email protected] November 27th 05 04:02 AM

From: Dave Heil on Mon 21 Nov 2005 09:41
From: Dave Heil on Nov 20, 9:25 am

Amateur radio might be operating weak signal UHF SSB with a multi-mode,
multi-band rig. It might be operating 2m FM through a local repeater.
It might be ragchewing on 40m CW. One constant is that you aren't involved.

I don't do any RF transmission in amateur bands, with the
exception of those bands which are shared with other radio
services.

That's a very good thing!

Yet I am able to communicate worldwide without
an amateur radio license or using morse code!

But not by direct radio contact.

And 24/7
without worrying about the ionospheric conditions! :-)

Telephone and internet. We can all do that, Len.

Why do you live in the past?

Tsk, I don't.

You sure talk about it a lot, though.

Jimmy Noserve loves the past, always
bringing up little factoids of amateur radio history
that happened before his time.

Gee, Len, you're always bringing up little factoids of
history that happened before *your* time. Are you the
only one allowed to do that?

I'm not dismissing a great big hobby area involving all of electronics.
I'm stating quite accurately that you aren't involved in amateur radio.

So, in your mind electronics does NOT equate with "radio?"

The two are not the same.

It does not equate with "amateur radio?"

No, they don't.

"Radio" is a subset of electrical engineering.

"Electronics" is a subset of electrical engineering.

Radio and electronics have some things in common, but they are not
identical, and one is not a subset of the other.

Do you consider U.S. amateur radio to be a HOBBY?

And much more.

Yep, when something is simple enough, many folks will opt for it rather
than attempting that which is more difficult. Many never go beyond the
easiest license despite the limited privileges it offers.

Such as long-time amateur radiotelegraphers who've never
ventured behind the front panels of their radios in order
to understand how they worked. :-)

Who would they be, Len?

Your clause doesn't address limited privileges. :-)

I didn't have any "clause." I asked a question. Pay attention.

What question?

Yes, I am familiar
with those. Their "radio skill" never goes beyond their
key, their ears, or the "official" jargon they've picked
up from older days, those used by older "radio experts."

Do you know any radio telephonists who've never ventured beyond the
front panels of their equipment? Does their skill extend beyond their
microphones? Have they picked up any "official" jargon from older days?
Perhaps your rant was intended only as a slam against anyone who is both
a telegrapher and a radio amateur.

I was addressing - specifically - who I addressed, not
"radio telephonists." You are attempting to misdirect.
The word you should have used is 'radiotelephony.'

Yet you know they exist.

NPRM 05-143 is singularly about the telegraphy test. [that's
what this "english teacher" of the thread title was commenting
on] That NPRM has NOTHING to do with radiotelephony, radiodata,
teletypewriter over radio, slow or fast-scan television,
facsimile over radio. The amateur radio license tests have
NO test elements for physically OPERATING any radio, are not
required to have radio equipment AT a license exam site.

So? Why is that significant?

The sole manual test for anything at any amateur license exam
is about telegraphy, telegraphy as used on amateur radio (there
is NO landline telegraphy tested), more technically,
radiotelegraphy. As it is NOW, that is.

And that's a good thing.

The written test elements are prepared, both questions and
multiple-choice question answers, by the VEC QPC.

And approved by the FCC

Those
cover "radio theory" (actually electronics in general since
there are no exclusive-to-amateur-radio circuits) and
Commission regulations. While some questions pertain to
"radio operating," there is no actual, hands-on, demonstratable
ability to OPERATE any radio, let alone amateur radio. Some in
here as well as in commentary on the NPRM misuse "operating"
to refer almost exclusively to RADIOTELEGRAPHY.

Who would they be, Len?

Am I saying that many radio amateurs don't know squat about
radio theory? ABSOLUTELY.

Your opinion only. And as you have demonstrated, you are not
exactly unbiased in your opinions.

Many radio amateurs know much more about radio theory than
you, Len.

I charge that based on MY life
experience in answering, as politely as possible, questions
of rather elementary level on radio theory.

Your politeness isn't exactly legendary, Len.

I was answering
questions, giving CORRECT answers, as a NON-amateur but also
as a very professional radio-knowledgeable person. All too
many of those questions from radio amateurs chronologically
older than I was were so simplistic, so indicative of a basic
understanding of radio and propagation principles that I
would lump them as less than Novice class amateurs.

By what standard?

How did they pass their written tests if they're so ignorant? Did
they get a look at a 1957 Extra test?

I could
care less that they might be able to do 40 WPM radiotelegraphy
with "perfect copy" any time. I could care less if they had
earned every possible "radiosport" contest as amateurs. They
were still deficient in a basic understanding of radio theory,
deficient at an elementary level. In a radio activity that
grants BOTH an operator and station license, it showed me
that they couldn't possibly meet the technical regulations
of amateur radio to match their lofty rank-status-privileges
they were granted.

Yet FCC disagrees with you, Len.

You see, amateur radio is mainly about operating radios. Sure, some
technical knowledge is needed, and some of us do things like design
and build our own amateur radio stations (something you've never
done, btw.) But the license isn't for building - it's for operating.

Operating is what amateur radio is really all about. All types of
operating, with all sorts of modes and equipment. Technical stuff
is just a means to that end.

You just don't seem to understand that.

Then again, you aren't likely to know. You aren't a ham and you aren't
an ARRL member.

I'm FAR LESS likely to be an ARRL/NAAR member than a licensed
radio amateur...unless they do some drastic changes to their
public policy.

It's very unlikely you'll ever be either, Len.

The "National Association for Amateur Radio" (nee' ARRL) is
the "club." Even so, their membership is only one of every
five U.S. amateur radio licensees. Why aren't there more?

Some disagree with League policies
Some think membership costs too much.
Some are inactive
Some don't understand why a national organization is needed.

The percentages of membership have never become greater than
a quarter of all licensees.

Not true, Len.

btw, No-Code International's membership is less than 1% of US amateurs
even though there are no dues and NCI membership never expires.

Your blatant problem is some weird self-righteous elitism
wherein you claim that no one licensed can "know" anything
about amateur radio.

Where is that claimed?

And? What percentage of radio amateurs filed? What percentage of the
general public filed?

Ask Joe Speroni. Rightsell calls him the "unofficial
statistician of amateur radio." What did Speroni do about
that "English department" filing wherein the English
teacher stated outright she had NO activity in amateur
radio and was NOT going to get an amateur license. Speroni
counted her for "support" of his "statistics."

That's because she was in support of continued Morse Code testing.

You have no activity in amateur radio and except for one outburst
almost
six years ago, there's no indication you'll ever get an amateur
license.

So you and the English teacher have the same level of involvement.

What of all
those law students filing, 18 in all. None of them are
licensees and none say they are going to get a license.

You're not a licensee and and except for one outburst almost
six years ago, there's no indication you'll ever get an amateur
license.

You love Rightsell, don't you? You get on my case because
I filed a Reply to Comments of his "two-year-olds" filing.

Perhaps the FCC chuckles over your comments, Len.

You aren't wrapped very tight.

True, I am (at time of writing) sitting in shirtsleeves,
the office window open, temperature gauge at the corner
of the radio clock displaying 71.3 degrees F.

"Profiles" work two ways, indeed in many ways. Yours
can, and has been done (in part) several times.

Was that the one you plagiarized from Jim's work?

PARODY is perfectly acceptible.

You're spelling isn't.

Tsk, tsk, you DO! See little gems of an accusatory nature
such as I should have obtained an amateur radio license
before accepting professional radio employment!

Who wrote that?

Morse code is alive but unwell...

Actually it's quite well.

See, this is what I mean when I say that you make frequent factual
errors. I invite you to tune your Icom receiver to the low ends of the
bands 160-10m this coming weekend.

Why? I have no personal interest in morse code and no interest
in amateur radio contesting. Invitation denied.

Afraid you'll be proven wrong?

One can listen OUTSIDE the amateur radio bands and NOT hear
much radiotelegraphy.

An amateur license permits the licensee to operate INSIDE the
amateur bands, not OUTSIDE.

Hardly a beep to be heard...still lots
of SSB and AM voice, data (TORs mostly), international
broadcasting, standard time signals. Not much morse code.

Why is that important to what happens inside the amateur bands?

Dave Heil November 27th 05 05:05 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

From: Dave Heil on Mon 21 Nov 2005 09:41
From: Dave Heil on Nov 20, 9:25 am

Amateur radio might be operating weak signal UHF SSB with a multi-mode,
multi-band rig. It might be operating 2m FM through a local repeater.
It might be ragchewing on 40m CW. One constant is that you aren't involved.

I don't do any RF transmission in amateur bands, with the
exception of those bands which are shared with other radio
services.

That's a very good thing!

....and it is the only legal option available to Len at the moment.

Yet I am able to communicate worldwide without
an amateur radio license or using morse code!

But not by direct radio contact.

He doesn't have to be "bothered" with direct radio contact.

And 24/7
without worrying about the ionospheric conditions! :-)

Telephone and internet. We can all do that, Len.

Anybody with enough money to pay his monthly ISP or telephone bill can
get in on that action.

Why do you live in the past?

Tsk, I don't.

You sure talk about it a lot, though.

Jimmy Noserve loves the past, always
bringing up little factoids of amateur radio history
that happened before his time.

Gee, Len, you're always bringing up little factoids of
history that happened before *your* time. Are you the
only one allowed to do that?

That's the way it works with Len. He does it but neither you nor I
should do it.

I'm not dismissing a great big hobby area involving all of electronics.
I'm stating quite accurately that you aren't involved in amateur radio.

So, in your mind electronics does NOT equate with "radio?"

The two are not the same.

It does not equate with "amateur radio?"

No, they don't.

"Radio" is a subset of electrical engineering.

"Electronics" is a subset of electrical engineering.

Radio and electronics have some things in common, but they are not
identical, and one is not a subset of the other.

Thanks for clearing that up for Len. I think he may have been confused.

Do you consider U.S. amateur radio to be a HOBBY?

And much more.

Yep, when something is simple enough, many folks will opt for it rather
than attempting that which is more difficult. Many never go beyond the
easiest license despite the limited privileges it offers.

Such as long-time amateur radiotelegraphers who've never
ventured behind the front panels of their radios in order
to understand how they worked. :-)

Who would they be, Len?

Why, *any* long-time amateur radiotelegraphers, Jim. It doesn't apply
to radiotelephonists.

Your clause doesn't address limited privileges. :-)

I didn't have any "clause." I asked a question. Pay attention.

What question?

....and what sentence?

Yes, I am familiar
with those. Their "radio skill" never goes beyond their
key, their ears, or the "official" jargon they've picked
up from older days, those used by older "radio experts."

Do you know any radio telephonists who've never ventured beyond the
front panels of their equipment? Does their skill extend beyond their
microphones? Have they picked up any "official" jargon from older days?
Perhaps your rant was intended only as a slam against anyone who is both
a telegrapher and a radio amateur.

I was addressing - specifically - who I addressed, not
"radio telephonists." You are attempting to misdirect.
The word you should have used is 'radiotelephony.'

Len was talking about radiotelegraphers. An operator who uses SSB or FM
or AM is a radiotelephonist. A radiotelegrapher uses radiotelegraphy.
A radiotelephonist uses radiotelephony. You'd think a PROFESSIONAL
writer would have figured that out.

Yet you know they exist.

Sure, he knew.

[...]

Len seems to pick his "facts" from thin air.

Am I saying that many radio amateurs don't know squat about
radio theory? ABSOLUTELY.

Your opinion only. And as you have demonstrated, you are not
exactly unbiased in your opinions.

....nor is he necessarily factually accurate.

Many radio amateurs know much more about radio theory than
you, Len.

Thousands of them have much more HF radio experience than Len.

I charge that based on MY life
experience in answering, as politely as possible, questions
of rather elementary level on radio theory.

Your politeness isn't exactly legendary, Len.

I was answering
questions, giving CORRECT answers, as a NON-amateur but also
as a very professional radio-knowledgeable person. All too
many of those questions from radio amateurs chronologically
older than I was were so simplistic, so indicative of a basic
understanding of radio and propagation principles that I
would lump them as less than Novice class amateurs.

By what standard?

....and how do we know that Len provided CORRECT answers.

[...]

That saves him both effort and money.

The "National Association for Amateur Radio" (nee' ARRL) is
the "club." Even so, their membership is only one of every
five U.S. amateur radio licensees. Why aren't there more?

Some disagree with League policies
Some think membership costs too much.
Some are inactive
Some don't understand why a national organization is needed.

The percentages of membership have never become greater than
a quarter of all licensees.

Not true, Len.

Len doesn't like to have his factual errors pointed out, Jim.

btw, No-Code International's membership is less than 1% of US amateurs
even though there are no dues and NCI membership never expires.

But NCI is supposedly a one issue organization. I've asked Len to point
to one general interest amateur radio organization in this country which
has more than a tiny fraction of the ARRL membership.

Your blatant problem is some weird self-righteous elitism
wherein you claim that no one licensed can "know" anything
about amateur radio.

Where is that claimed?

I haver certainly never claimed that.

And? What percentage of radio amateurs filed? What percentage of the
general public filed?

Ask Joe Speroni. Rightsell calls him the "unofficial
statistician of amateur radio." What did Speroni do about
that "English department" filing wherein the English
teacher stated outright she had NO activity in amateur
radio and was NOT going to get an amateur license. Speroni
counted her for "support" of his "statistics."

That's because she was in support of continued Morse Code testing.

You have no activity in amateur radio and except for one outburst
almost
six years ago, there's no indication you'll ever get an amateur
license.

So you and the English teacher have the same level of involvement.

Len was quick to point out the percentage of licensed radio amateurs who
participated in comments and replies. I asked him a simple question
about the perentage of U.S. citizens who participated and he tells me to
ask Joe Speroni. That's very peculiar.

[...]

Shhhhh. PROFESSIONAL writers are very sensitive.

Tsk, tsk, you DO! See little gems of an accusatory nature
such as I should have obtained an amateur radio license
before accepting professional radio employment!

Who wrote that?

There is what is written and there is what Len thinks has been written.

Morse code is alive but unwell...

Actually it's quite well.

See, this is what I mean when I say that you make frequent factual
errors. I invite you to tune your Icom receiver to the low ends of the
bands 160-10m this coming weekend.

Why? I have no personal interest in morse code and no interest
in amateur radio contesting. Invitation denied.

Afraid you'll be proven wrong?

He *knows* he'd be proven wrong, if the Icom receiver is within its
specs as manufactured and he has more than a rain gutter to attach to
its antenna port. There's enough RF floating around Los Angeles County
this weekend to lift Len's receiver off the table.

One can listen OUTSIDE the amateur radio bands and NOT hear
much radiotelegraphy.

An amateur license permits the licensee to operate INSIDE the
amateur bands, not OUTSIDE.

Hardly a beep to be heard...still lots
of SSB and AM voice, data (TORs mostly), international
broadcasting, standard time signals. Not much morse code.

Why is that important to what happens inside the amateur bands?

Len is driven by such things. He desperately needs to prove that morse
has no place in "modern" communications.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] November 27th 05 06:02 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

From: on Nov 26, 8:02 pm

From: Dave Heil on Mon 21 Nov 2005 09:41
From: Dave Heil on Nov 20, 9:25 am

Amateur radio might be operating weak signal UHF SSB with a multi-mode,
multi-band rig. It might be operating 2m FM through a local repeater.
It might be ragchewing on 40m CW. One constant is that you aren't involved.

I don't do any RF transmission in amateur bands, with the
exception of those bands which are shared with other radio
services.

That's a very good thing!

Why? Are you morsemen so elitist you can't get along with others?

Yet I am able to communicate worldwide without
an amateur radio license or using morse code!

But not by direct radio contact.

Most absolutely INCORRECT, Jim-Jim.

DIRECT from a maritime transceiver as a civilian. DIRECT from a
government radio transmitter. DIRECT as in laying on of hands,
moving controls, operating, all that stuff.

And 24/7
without worrying about the ionospheric conditions! :-)

Telephone and internet. We can all do that, Len.

Then why do you fuss with morse and standards that are over
70 years old?

Why do you live in the past?

Tsk, I don't.

You sure talk about it a lot, though.

You were born before 1951? YOU talked much of it in previous post.

YOU have talked much about Reggie Fessenden and his carbon-mike-in-
the-antenna "AM voice transmission" of 1906 and (allegedly) 1900.
Are you 105 years old?!?

Jimmy Noserve loves the past, always
bringing up little factoids of amateur radio history
that happened before his time.

Gee, Len, you're always bringing up little factoids of
history that happened before *your* time.

When did MY "time" begin, Jimmy? My "first radio job" in HF comms
began in 1953. I was there then, did it, came back. Never used
any morse code then on three dozen transmitters, never had to.

Are you the only one allowed to do that?

Tsk, you are getting disturbed. Calm down, just keep on bringing
up all those tidbits of "radio history" as you need to. Be mindful
of some critics, though. Not all of those are me. :-)

"Radio" is a subset of electrical engineering.

Incorrect. It is a part of electronics, a technology discipline.

"Electronics" is a subset of electrical engineering.

INCORRECT.

Electronics is one TECHNOLOGY DISCIPLINE of physics.

Didn't Dexter teach you the correct way to look at
physics...like everyone else does?

Radio and electronics have some things in common, but they are not
identical, and one is not a subset of the other.

Amateur radio definitions seldom jibe with the rest of the
world of electronics...and radio. :-)

Do you consider U.S. amateur radio to be a HOBBY?

And much more.

And, of course, YOU do so much more... :-)

Have you defeated any enemies of Homeland Security with your
amateur morsemanship?

Have you saved any lives in the Gulf States with your amateur
morsemanship?

NPRM 05-143 is singularly about the telegraphy test. [that's
what this "english teacher" of the thread title was commenting
on] That NPRM has NOTHING to do with radiotelephony, radiodata,
teletypewriter over radio, slow or fast-scan television,
facsimile over radio. The amateur radio license tests have
NO test elements for physically OPERATING any radio, are not
required to have radio equipment AT a license exam site.

So? Why is that significant?

Why do you consider yourself so "significant?" :-)

The sole manual test for anything at any amateur license exam
is about telegraphy, telegraphy as used on amateur radio (there
is NO landline telegraphy tested), more technically,
radiotelegraphy. As it is NOW, that is.

And that's a good thing.

It is a "good thing" only to those that took that test and
passed it, thus fulfilling the "proper jump through hoops"
of "tradition." :-)

The written test elements are prepared, both questions and
multiple-choice question answers, by the VEC QPC.

And approved by the FCC

Who else? :-)

YOU are NOT in the FCC.

Am I saying that many radio amateurs don't know squat about
radio theory? ABSOLUTELY.

Your opinion only. And as you have demonstrated, you are not
exactly unbiased in your opinions.

Yes, MY OPINION! :-) Do you think someone else is writing
all this? :-)

Many radio amateurs know much more about radio theory than
you, Len.

Why is that a factor in AMATEUR radio?

Other than your puerile little nyah-nyah, that is...

I charge that based on MY life
experience in answering, as politely as possible, questions
of rather elementary level on radio theory.

Your politeness isn't exactly legendary, Len.

Tsk, your definition of "polite" seems to be everyone agreeing
with you and giving your gratuitous praise for whatever you do.

shrug

How did they pass their written tests if they're so ignorant? Did
they get a look at a 1957 Extra test?

Why is that important here...other than satisfying your nasty
little nyah-nyahs?

Yet FCC disagrees with you, Len.

No, sweetums, YOU disagree with me. YOU are NOT the FCC.

Operating is what amateur radio is really all about. All types of
operating, with all sorts of modes and equipment.

INCORRECT. Modes and frequencies are specifically allocated
and given in Part 97, Title 47 C.F.R. NOT "all types" as you
state. [tsk, tsk] NOT "all sorts of modes" since those are
limited. NOT "all sorts of equipment" either since there are
exceptions stated in Part 97. Look those up.

Technical stuff is just a means to that end.

Unimportant? Hardly important? Irrelevant?

Then why do you permit the FCC to keep all those TECHNICAL
regulations?

You just don't seem to understand that.

I just don't understand YOU, Jimmy.

The "National Association for Amateur Radio" (nee' ARRL) is
the "club." Even so, their membership is only one of every
five U.S. amateur radio licensees. Why aren't there more?

Some disagree with League policies
Some think membership costs too much.
Some are inactive
Some don't understand why a national organization is needed.

You have taken a Poll to confirm this? :-)

Jimmy boy, YOU are a League BELIEVER. You are so far into
bias on that that all you generate are square waves.

btw, No-Code International's membership is less than 1% of US amateurs
even though there are no dues and NCI membership never expires.

Highly irrelevant. NCI is NOT a "national association for amateur
radio." It exists for ONE purpose: Elimination of the code test
from amateur radio license examinations worldwide. That's it.

You have no activity in amateur radio and except for one outburst almost
six years ago, there's no indication you'll ever get an amateur license.

"Outburst?!?" BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, oh WHY must I show "an indication of interest?!?"

Who the fork are you to presume *I* MUST demonstrate to YOU
some kind of committment and dedication?!?!?

If your ego is THAT big, then you should go over to Coslo's BBS
since you will "reach the threashold of space" long before his
big balloon will...

So you and the English teacher have the same level of involvement.

Nope. I am as involved as can be with my wife. None other.

As a bachelor I had an "involvement" with an English teacher,
a very nice one, in fact.

Try to think about marriage for YOU, Jimmy. It would make you
less of a one-track Believer.

You're not a licensee and and except for one outburst almost
six years ago, there's no indication you'll ever get an amateur
license.

Oh, oh, there goes that control-freak EGO again, Jimmy.

Work on that. It's bad socially.

Perhaps the FCC chuckles over your comments, Len.

Irrelevant. Chances are they will take my comments seriously.

Doesn't matter, the PUBLIC has spoken to the FCC 3,794 times
through WT Docket 05-235.

Tsk, tsk, you DO! See little gems of an accusatory nature
such as I should have obtained an amateur radio license
before accepting professional radio employment!

Who wrote that?

Dave Heil. Why aren't you paying ATTENTION to the flow? :-(

See, this is what I mean when I say that you make frequent factual
errors. I invite you to tune your Icom receiver to the low ends of the
bands 160-10m this coming weekend.

Why? I have no personal interest in morse code and no interest
in amateur radio contesting. Invitation denied.

Afraid you'll be proven wrong?

Tsk, there you go again with nasty attitude. An evangelical
Believer,
wet proselyte for a battery of morse gods, an acidic base.

Jimmy boy, I'm quite aware of the EM spectrum and who occupies what
"bands." Have been for a very long time...ever since getting my
"first job in radio." I know spectrum occupany OUTSIDE of the ham
bands on HF, on MF, on VHF, on UHF, and on up to 2.4 GHz. WHAT are
YOU going to tell ME? That contests are "popular?" I could find
that out by seeing the boosterism for that in print in CQ or QST.

Is contesting "operation" your main interest in amateur radio?
Are you more interested in awards, trophies, pretty certificates
than radio for radio's sake? It sure sounds like it since you
love getting praise, even from friends and neighbors. :-)

This Thursday and Friday I was involved in Thanksgiving in the
literal sense. Good friends got together, didn't talk at all
about amateur radio or morse code. Sunday is another nice
get-together with good people, and I don't expect any of the
talk will be about amateur radio or morse code or contests or
the beeping state of the radio art. No "contests" of any real
kind. Sunnuvagun!

Have fun in your amateur beeping contests. Those sound very,
Very, VERY important to you. Enjoy.

[email protected] November 27th 05 06:06 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

From: on Sat, Nov 26 2005 4:49 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
on Tues, Nov 22 2005 8:12 pm

Hmmm...not a brand I recognize in this corner of the USA. The
"Newman's Own" line of food products may not be popular farther
east in the USA? I've tried "Newman's Own" Ranch dressing but
personally prefer the "Hidden Valley" brand for Ranch dressing.

I had you pegged as a "Hidden Agenda" man.

Says "Sun-dried Tomato" from WV.

Squash him before he spoils everything...

Morsemen can do anything in impunity...or is it "special
dispensation?" They have a "mass" of lies. If only they
would go to confessional and admit them...
They have black mass and wrenchysnitch. Egg nog afterwards.

Some have "hot buttered rum" in foursomes around a fire of
oak leaves and discuss Anderson PowerPole connectors.

That may have been the topic in the cozy lodge or it may have been your
tiny, old, dusty Johnson. That Anderson Powerpole bit may be a bit of
self-aggrandizement on your part.

Everyone seems to have "thier" own opinion on the subject.

"Obvioulsy"

Appears to be a popular ceremony along the Atlantic states.

What was it that your Nordic ancestors did--paint their faces blue and
howl at the moon?

Or ate sardines for breakfast?

Marinated herring is pretty good with rye bread, but kippers
became the IN thing for breakfast in jolly old UK. The British
Isles had the blue face paint thing. See the fictious film
biography of Scotsman William Wallce in "Braveheart."

See you in the CQ Worldwide DX CW 'test this weekend, Len or do you plan
to stick with the Wordwide?

Dave K8MN

Is there a CQ WWW this weekend? Never heard of it.

:-)

Maybe John Dorr could shed some light on your "assertion of fact."

Don't let the Dorr hit Davie's assertion on the way out...