Old December 11th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default EDACS setup help

Hey there guys -

I have a BC796D and I have set up the trunk section, control channels...in
order but it will not log a call
in the trunk mode and no IDs are shown..

I can only receive on each control channel, trunk off and I do NOT see any
IDs.

The system I am trying to monitor says its EDACS standard which from what I
read is EDACS-wide.
I have tried EDACS-narrow too..no luck with any ID information trunking.

I can send screen shots as an attachment if someone would be willing to look
at the config.

Thanks
John

Old December 11th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Do you have the frequencies entered in LCN Order starting in channel *01
(not *00) in the bank in question?

Old December 12th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I dont have a ch 00 in the bank, they start say 301, 302 ect..

I can hear the channels analog side but when the freqs are set to trunk they
do not pick up anything.

I can get a 800 trunk II to trunk but not the EDACS..I called Uniden but
they are useless..
They dont even want to walk you through one program.

Old December 12th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I was reading the statement below from the Butel software user guide:

When you program EDACS frequencies, it is critical that you store each
frequency
in the correct location. This often is not the frequency order, so youmust
be sure
you have the right sequence.
What location are they referring to how do you determine this location ?

What I have done if program them in the LCN as they are below.

If my lcn is:

001 Confirmed LCN01 453.22500* 02 453.80000 03 460.25000 04 460.35000 05
460.45000 06 460.20000*

I have them entered in the bank on bank 3 starting at ch 301.

What would I have to change, I thought this should be in order of LCN as the
type II system I have

working on the scanner ??

This is an EDACS standard which should be wide, I have the WFM setup on the
LCNs too.

I have tried narrow but nothing.

Suggestions ??

John

Old December 16th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default EDACS butel software issue resolved !!

I finally got this working...

Thanks Gordon for the suggestion.

I was using the butel software and it has a knack for glitching the freq
entry field, upon upload it entered a tick in the field !!
This after several memory resets and uploads and file recreate.
When I viewed it as a entry portion in a text field you would see it.
This would cause the scanner to have an invalid entry and it could not read
it properly.

Once I entered the freq manually rather then using butel..... the scanner ID
the first sweep !! Yeah !!
Finally after 7 emails with butel for some help and it not going anywhere
but failure and their lack of communications...
Gordon responds and understands exactly what is going on.

I also got the APCO 25 working for DPS... sweeeeeeet..

Thanks for those who have replied.

wrote in message
Do you have the frequencies entered in LCN Order starting in channel *01
(not *00) in the bank in question?

"John Walker" wrote in

Hey there guys -

I have a BC796D and I have set up the trunk section, control
channels...in order but it will not log a call
in the trunk mode and no IDs are shown..

I can only receive on each control channel, trunk off and I do NOT see
any IDs.

The system I am trying to monitor says its EDACS standard which from
what I read is EDACS-wide.
I have tried EDACS-narrow too..no luck with any ID information
trunking.

I can send screen shots as an attachment if someone would be willing
to look at the config.

Thanks
John

FA: MDX 800 Mhz EDACS mobile PM82SN Jerry Swap 0 July 18th 05 07:09 PM
Pro - 95 EDACS Worc,Scannerguy Scanner 2 May 18th 05 05:39 AM
EDACS - PRO2067 [email protected] Scanner 2 April 24th 05 03:20 AM
PRO 95 EDACS Programming FAE LLV#11 Scanner 17 November 25th 03 12:29 PM
EDACS on 167 MHz ?? Peter Hunt Scanner 0 August 12th 03 01:31 PM