Old October 30th 03, 06:13 PM
The Fossil

Default Icom PCR-1000 software recommendation

It's time to replace the Icom software for this radio.

I haven't kept up on what's the "best" out there.. so

Any suggestions on replacement software for an Icom PCR-1000

Thanks

Old October 30th 03, 08:57 PM
Panzer240

The Fossil wrote in
:

It's time to replace the Icom software for this radio.

I haven't kept up on what's the "best" out there.. so

Any suggestions on replacement software for an Icom PCR-1000

Thanks

I have the Bonito RadioComm software for it. Not impressed by it or the
[eople that prduce it. They seem to have very liitle appreciation of customer
service. I have tried Talk PCR which is decent. But odly enough I seem to end
up back with the stuff that came on the floppy from ICOM. It's kinda clunky
but it does what I need it to do. At the moment I use it mostly as a scanner
and for searching out local frequencies. I would like to try the Sky Sweeper
software, but their demo does not function until registered and paid for. It
only does simulated functions using recordings (very clunky). I refuse to pay
first and try later. The receiver I really like, I just haven't had time to
explore its capabilites fully as of yet, but I've only had it for about 2
months

I might also add that there is some trunk tracking software available that
will at least revoce the data from the control channels on a trunk system,
but it does not actually follow any particular group or conversation at
present. However it is early days I believe in it's development. You can fid
it at:

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

You can also use it for conventional operation, but I find either the ICOM or
especially the TalkPCR program more useful for HF listening

--
Panzer

Old October 31st 03, 02:09 AM
michael agner

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think Probe1k and TalkPCR
have been getting the lion's share of the attention, but there are
numerous other programs that support the 1000. Check out this page:

http://www.qsy.to/pcr/control.html

73s Mike Strong Signals Software Page editor

Old November 1st 03, 10:11 AM
CrazyC

I might also add that there is some trunk tracking software available that
will at least revoce the data from the control channels on a trunk

system,
but it does not actually follow any particular group or conversation at
present. However it is early days I believe in it's development. You can

fid
it at:

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

It doesn't follow any particular group or conversation at present???
Hmmm, Then I wonder what I have been listening to for the past year
or so :-)
To my knowledge, it always has....

Jay

Old November 1st 03, 07:00 PM
Panzer240

"CrazyC" wrote in

I might also add that there is some trunk tracking software available
that will at least revoce the data from the control channels on a
trunk

system,
but it does not actually follow any particular group or conversation at
present. However it is early days I believe in it's development. You
can

fid
it at:

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

It doesn't follow any particular group or conversation at present???
Hmmm, Then I wonder what I have been listening to for the past year
or so :-)
To my knowledge, it always has....

Jay

Then I stand corrected, but I rekky haven't had time to play with ut as I
should . I have logged control channel data with it but never had it
track channels. Are you using WinXP ??

--
Panzer

Old November 1st 03, 09:19 PM
CrazyC

Then I stand corrected, but I rekky haven't had time to play with ut as I
should . I have logged control channel data with it but never had it
track channels. Are you using WinXP ??

--
Panzer

I've ran it on Win95, Win98SE2, WinME, Win2000 and WinXP and it
works great on all of those OS's... Even with a USB Adapter...
If your scanning a 800mHz system, try switching to the "Splinter" setting
under the Trunk/System Menu...

Regards,
Jay

Old November 2nd 03, 10:52 PM
Panzer240

"CrazyC" wrote in

Then I stand corrected, but I rekky haven't had time to play with ut as
I should . I have logged control channel data with it but never had
it track channels. Are you using WinXP ??

--
Panzer

I've ran it on Win95, Win98SE2, WinME, Win2000 and WinXP and it
works great on all of those OS's... Even with a USB Adapter...
If your scanning a 800mHz system, try switching to the "Splinter"
setting under the Trunk/System Menu...

Regards,
Jay

Thanks for yuor help. Microsoft offered a new audio drievr yesterday form
AC97 on board audio. I am now at least decoding control channel data and
actually tracking mobiles Problem seems to have been the audio drivers,
because after I updated them at Microsoft, the computer began to decode
control channel data and track communications. I notice that the Groups
and radio counts are no incrementing, are they saved automatically and how
do I edit the file containing this information ???

--
Panzer

Old November 3rd 03, 09:28 AM
Hura

I've ran it on Win95, Win98SE2, WinME, Win2000 and WinXP and it
works great on all of those OS's... Even with a USB Adapter...
If your scanning a 800mHz system, try switching to the "Splinter" setting
under the Trunk/System Menu...

Regards,
Jay

If i scan GSM area, if any possibility to see phone numbers ?
Thanx
Hura

Old November 3rd 03, 10:09 AM
Hura

If i scan GSM area, if any possibility to see phone numbers ?
Thanx
Hura

no

OK. Do you have any advice for example: I'd like to scan one gsm number.
When line is on then i'd like to see callers/receivers number and record
voice. Sms too.

Does equipment for something like this is on market? If it is please tell me
much more about it.

Thanx

Hura