Old April 15th 04, 02:28 PM
TlgtrProd

Default Newbie in Madison WI-Help

Just got a scanner, and I finally understand how to program it. But I am
overwhelmed by the sheer number of frequencies. Is there anyone out there who
could give me a list of what numbers to put in for Madison Police and Fire?

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Old April 15th 04, 08:55 PM
TlgtrProd

I was hoping someon just had a short list....

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****

Old April 15th 04, 09:34 PM
Volker Tonn

TlgtrProd schrieb:

I was hoping someon just had a short list....

Take your scanner for what it's made: scanning :-)

Old April 15th 04, 11:22 PM
J999w

Plug in a bunch of frequencies and listen to them. Delete what's not too
active, and move on. However, don't moan when something big happens and they
all go to "F2" and you don't have it programmed ! Experience is the only way
you'll find out what you like or don't, go for it.

:^]

jw
milwaukee

Old April 16th 04, 02:40 PM
TlgtrProd

Thanks for all the advice. I did manage to find a friend that had a scanner
and he was able to give me a 'basic' list to start from. I actually do have
'Police Call' the problem I was having was just an overload of stuff-just
didn't know where to start from. I now have the basic stuff in and can start
adding and experimenting. (That and he showed me how to read the stuff in
Police Call so I know what I am looking at. Just getting back into the
hobby...after 20 years or so since I had my little Radio Shack 4 channels
scanner with crystals and the red LED's....now for sale as an antique...

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****

Old April 16th 04, 05:54 PM
N8KDV

TlgtrProd wrote:

Thanks for all the advice. I did manage to find a friend that had a scanner
and he was able to give me a 'basic' list to start from. I actually do have
'Police Call' the problem I was having was just an overload of stuff-just
didn't know where to start from. I now have the basic stuff in and can start
adding and experimenting. (That and he showed me how to read the stuff in
Police Call so I know what I am looking at. Just getting back into the
hobby...after 20 years or so since I had my little Radio Shack 4 channels
scanner with crystals and the red LED's....now for sale as an antique...

Welcome back to the hobby.

Newbie CB User has ?'s Please someone advise Alex CB 62 October 12th 04 04:44 PM
Some questions form a RDS's newbie Bruce Sam Broadcasting 2 October 1st 04 03:48 AM
FS madison with extra's Mwin33 CB 0 May 14th 04 08:51 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM