Old August 22nd 04, 05:34 AM
alskal

Default How do you identify new id's on a trunked system

I recently purchased a trunk tracking scanner that is able to receive
EDACS trunked systems. I have the ID's programed in so I know who I am
hearing. The past few days a new ID has been using the system that I
do not have and the list I used for the other ID's does not contain
the new ID. This is a public saftey system that contains the Onondaga
county fire, EMS, and a few others. Is there somewhere that contains
listings of ID's allowed to use the system? Anything on file with FCC
or other agency that I can find?
Thank you for any help you can privide. Google and other searches have
come up empty.
Old August 22nd 04, 06:31 AM
news.vif.com

Alskal

http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/
This should help you - Audio clips of different trunking systems

--
John Medica
System & Network administrator

(416)653-0114 (Voicemail)
(416)653-0114 (Fax)

NAMA, Listening-Post, Ontario Unlisted Frequency Guide

Old August 22nd 04, 07:47 AM
Chuck Crews

My favorite website is http://www.radioreference.com !!! Your one stop
Trunking Scanner website.

73 de KD4REL

Old August 22nd 04, 03:37 PM
Jack Painter

"alskal" wrote
I recently purchased a trunk tracking scanner that is able to receive
EDACS trunked systems. I have the ID's programed in so I know who I am
hearing. The past few days a new ID has been using the system that I
do not have and the list I used for the other ID's does not contain
the new ID. This is a public saftey system that contains the Onondaga
county fire, EMS, and a few others. Is there somewhere that contains
listings of ID's allowed to use the system? Anything on file with FCC
or other agency that I can find?
Thank you for any help you can privide. Google and other searches have
come up empty.

The system frequencies are a matter of public record via the FCC. Not so for
any fleet mapping, sub-fleets, unit ID's etc. Listeners like yourself are
the only source for that information.

Jack

Old September 3rd 04, 01:25 PM
Gerry Wheeler

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:34:11 -0700, alskal wrote:

The past few days a new ID has been using the system that I do not have
and the list I used for the other ID's does not contain the new ID. This
is a public saftey system that contains the Onondaga county fire, EMS,
and a few others. Is there somewhere that contains listings of ID's
allowed to use the system? Anything on file with FCC or other agency
that I can find?

In most cases you just have to figure it out from what they're talking
about. You might also get some clues from their codes. For example, our
county deputies use the usual "10-4", but the city police use "oh 4".

Our local system has almost all county agencies (animal control, parks,
utilities, building inspectors, etc.) so there are many talkgroups I don't
want to bother with. But, after hours, most of them go away, so I run the
scanner in "open" mode in the evenings to look for new activity.
Rarely-used talkgroups also tend to pop up during emergency events, such
as hurricanes. Then, as you've found, the hard part is figuring out who
they are.

--
Gerry Wheeler
Naples, FL