Old March 19th 05, 01:48 AM
Dan Conti

It is spam becuase you posted it in places like alt.marketing.online.ebay and
alt.radio.scanner

I NEVER posted it on alt.marketing.online.ebay

I did on the latter, and yes it is considered SPAM there, just like 99%
of the daily postings are....
Old March 19th 05, 01:51 AM
Dan Conti

I've advertised FAs here just recently, my auctions weren't cancelled. I'm
wondering if somehow, "maybe" someone sent E-Bay - the non tech wizards they
are, a notice that perhaps your scanner was modified or whatever, to make
them think it was illegal????? Just a thought. I've seen other FAs in here
as well, none of them complained of having their auctions cut short.

Good thought. I was thinking the same thing. We all know it is
impossible for the 796D to be continuous coverage or modded, but eBay
will go by whatever someone tells them.

This is why I can't wait to see their response.

The ONLY auction "I" had cut short, was a "linear" I was auctioning off -
listed as NOT working, the finals pulled, for parts. I listed it I believe
for 10 meters, yet they pulled it. No big deal... But they've never pulled
my auctions for posting FA.

If NO NE dropped a dime to them about you posting FA, they will never
bother you. DO you really think eBay scours the newsgroups for
violations? They turn a blind eye until someone makes a complaint, then
they have to act.

IF you have suspects in mind, I suggest you take it up with them. Why turn
vigilante against the whole group?

I have A suspect in mind, but can never prove it. eBay will not turn
over the info on the complainant.

No vigilante, just making sure that what was good for Goose Dan, is good
for the gander.

You can thank the no-life asshole among you for it...

Dan

cl

Old March 19th 05, 01:51 AM
Dan Conti

I think lots of people are sick of sicko Dan's Spams.

Interesting comment from someone hidden in anonymity.

I NEVER post anything to these groups except for an occasional FS or FA
posting, YES, just like EVERYONE ELSE peeing in this cesspool, yet I am
a sicko, and a spammer.

You're just an asshole.

Dan - real name
Old March 19th 05, 01:54 AM
Dan Conti

Just because you assume that somebody was an asshole to you, you
yourself will be an asshole to everybody else and SNITCH?

Nope.

Since the consensus seems to be that everyone wants all this SPAM stuff
removed, especially the eBay related FA stuff, I will do my part to help.

It's NOT snithcing because I am being up front, telling you I'm gonna do it.

It's my civic newsgroup duty.

And I don't hide behind anonymity either.

If YOUR private business was damaged like mine was in this case, you'd
be on the same torrent as I am now, or worse.

Dan
Old March 19th 05, 01:56 AM
Dan Conti

I'd be interested in seeing that particular rule.... if you would please
provide a link. It doesn't seem logical to me that EBay would prohibit the
advertising of their own auction on other sites, when such advertising can
only further EBay's chance of increased profits through the EBay sale going
as high as possible.

Ed,

I am sure eBay will answer my inquiry in due time.

I am confident the remoavl was as a result of what I've stated.

I will post their response here, and hopefully the rules as well.

Once I do that, there will be NO MORE FA psoting anywhere on the radio
newsgroups.

Dan

Old March 19th 05, 02:47 AM
Dan Conti

Spam

eBay policy prohibits members from sending spam. Spam is defined as
email that is both unsolicited and is commercial in nature.

* Unsolicited - The email must have been sent without the
permission of the person who received it.
* Commercial - The email must discuss buying, selling or trading of
goods or services.

Some examples of spam include:

* Unsolicited email offers for items that are the same or similar
to items you are bidding on or have bid on in the past.
* Email sent to you from a mailing list without your permission.
* Direct or stand-alone invitations to join a mailing list.
* Email sent using the "Contact eBay Member" link on the eBay Web
site to send unsolicited commercial offers.

Some members have also reporting receiving requests for personal
information in email messages that are made to appear that they were
sent from eBay. More information on these messages, as well as how they
can be reported, can be found on the Email and Websites Impersonating
eBay page.

Please be aware that eBay's spam policy applies only to unsolicited
commercial messages sent by eBay members. If you are receiving surveys,
promotional messages or other email from eBay that you feel you should
not be receiving, please refer to the Notification Preferences Overview
for information on how to change the types of email you receive from eBay.

Email messages that are not commercial in nature, including offensive or
unwelcome email, do not fall under the eBay spam policy.

Sellers are permitted to invite other users to join a mailing list as
long as the email is related to the transaction and the mailing list
invitation is not the primary purpose of the email.

Instant messages and other forms of communication conducted outside of
eBay are not within our jurisdiction. Although posts on the eBay
Discussion Boards are not reviewed as spam, eBay does have a policy
related to appropriate board usage.

If you have received spam from another eBay member, please report it. In
order to investigate a spam report, we must have a complete copy of the
email you received with the full header included.

If you received a warning for violating our spam policy and you believe
that it was sent in error, please contact us .

If you were suspended for violating our Spam policy and would like to
contact us, please send us an email.
Old March 19th 05, 02:48 AM
Dan Conti

Seems pretty clear.

ANYTHING related to eBay posted on USENET is a No No.

I'll be watching...

Dan

Old March 19th 05, 04:23 AM
KC8GXW

Dan Conti wrote:

It's NOT snithcing because I am being up front, telling you I'm gonna do
it.

Dan

Dan
I understand your being mad, as I would be also.

This I don't understand, It's NOT snitching because you are being up
front, telling people you're gonna do it?
That would be like me saying "It's not theft if I tell you that I'm
going to steal it!"

A rats a rat and a thief is a thief!

Do like most and post anonymously and say " Hey look what I just found
on EBAY, what a great deal"

Old March 19th 05, 04:43 AM
DeWayne

"Dan Conti" wrote in message

think they're GOD,

As far as internet auctions go, Aren't they?