Old September 6th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sangean ATS606a

I need to get the back of this thing. How's it done??
It's performance has dropped off on FM (markedly) & SW (almost totally
deaf) and I wonder whether the telescopic antenna is not making a good
connection to the board.

tia

D.

Old September 6th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Diogenes wrote:

I need to get the back of this thing. How's it done??
It's performance has dropped off on FM (markedly) & SW (almost totally
deaf) and I wonder whether the telescopic antenna is not making a good
connection to the board.

tia

D.

Do you have an external jack with that model? You could always try that
with a piece of wire and a 1/8th plug? Maybe 15 to 20 feet of speaker
wire or 18 gauge copper. I don't have one of those models but instead a
909 so I am not all that familiar with the 606. My 909 has screw
terminals on the back to remove the back. The best way to go about this
is to find a nice clean surface that is flat and be careful not to lose
the screws. Get a small screwdriver like for eyeglasses and then look
where the antenna connection is and see if you have popped a solder
joint. I know that the RS DX 390 was bad about popping solder joints and
I was constantly having to solder again and again.

I can't remember the model of Sangean which was the same as the DX-390
but maybe it was 818 or something like that. But you should scan for
broken solder joints. I still have my 818 and it still works except it
takes a while for the radio to warm up because it has a BFO type squeal.
Hope this helps

Old September 6th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

When the soldier on the whip went, I used the external antenna jack;

- then sent it off to C Crane; where they had the tools to open it up &
resoldier it..

Nothing beats good soldiering.

I think General Douglas MacArthur said that.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Sangean 404 S Walters Shortwave 12 May 15th 06 02:23 PM
Sangean PT-80, Sony will stop making SW radios ... [email protected] Shortwave 0 October 31st 05 11:44 AM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
Sangean ATS-909 Radio Up For Auction on Ebay Now Pat K. Shortwave 0 December 16th 03 05:15 AM