Old November 15th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bouquet to Passport

Today out the blue I received in excellent condition a brand new free
complimentary copy of Passport to Worldband Radio 2007.
Seems like their Jane Evans got wind of the fact that my original copy got
dropped from the Boeing at 30,000 ft when it passed over Montagu - mwa
Afrika's idea of speeding up airmail deliveries. Sadly it was graunched
beyond belief and was difficult to read.

So a big bouquet to Jane and Passport for this friendly and unexpected
customer service, much appreciated here.

I cannot understand why the many queries that come into this newsgroup don't
buy themselves a copy of Passport, as for twenty bucks it is a bible of
useful information for radio hobbyists, especially newness. It's got
everything worth looking at from the fifty buck radio's and simple antenna's
right up to excellent reviews of the heavyweight $4k serious tabletops. An
outstanding buy and good value for what you get, written by highly
experienced professionals.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old November 16th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Today out the blue I received in excellent condition a brand new free
complimentary copy of Passport to Worldband Radio 2007.
Seems like their Jane Evans got wind of the fact that my original copy
got
dropped from the Boeing at 30,000 ft when it passed over Montagu - mwa
Afrika's idea of speeding up airmail deliveries. Sadly it was graunched
beyond belief and was difficult to read.

Good for you John. and, thanks to the people at passport. who said the
people in the industry don't read this newsgroup? even with the slow
trolls,
it's nice to know this group is read. i remember Universal radio doing
the right thing after reading a post on this group awhile back. BTW, I
never missed an issue, and have read them for too many to remember.

Father Michael.