Old March 15th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio controlled clocks and the new DST (mine didn't work)

3 Uses for Unwanted School Lunches.
www.gleepy.net/writings/riv4/riv4hch4.html
cuhulin

Old March 15th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

an_old_friend wrote:
Only because you and Lloyd made them that way.

you and Robeson

*PLONK*
Old March 16th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default only in your dreams woger

On Mar 16, 4:19 pm, "Not Cocksucker Lloyd"
wrote:
On Mar 15, 12:40 pm, wrote:

I am welcome in the Moderated NG

Don't bet on it

why not?

Old March 17th 07, 05:05 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

I'm in Chicago area and only 3 of my 7 clocks set. They need more power or a
better antenna system. My friends at work also had problems with lack of
signal.

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 6:58 pm, Radio Guy wrote:
Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

Hello All.

I have fifteen of these clocks. Two of them (both LaCrosse digital
models) are set to GMT and do not change when DST is incorporated. Of
the other thirteen (three analog models), all but two showed the
correct time this morning. One which did not catch the signal was one
of my analog clocks. I "forced" it to hunt for the signal around 10:30
AM EDT and, after finding it, did set itself correctly. However,
tonight, at approximately 8:30 PM EDT, two of my analog models went a
bit "haywire" and reset themselves to Standard Time. We shall see if
they correct themselves later tonight. This has happened on several
occasions previously and I do not understand why. All of the batteries
in my clocks are fresh. The last digital clock which did not show the
correct time this morning still, as of 11:30 PM EDT, had not corrected
the time, so I finally did so manually. (This particular clock had
never had this problem previously.) I live in New Jersey. I wish that
a second transmitter were incorporated somewhat closer to the eastern
part of the country as the signal from Ft. Collins is not completely
reliable here. Especially now, with the low sunspot count, one would
think that the signal on 60 kHz would travel farther and adjust the
clocks properly. Sadly, as evidenced by all writing here, this is not
the case.

Best,

Joe

Old March 18th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:
In ps.com
posted on 11 Mar 2007 18:03:00 -0700, wf3h wrote: Begin

had 2 that reset....wris****ch did not until i forced it to
reset....other clock still hasn't reset.

Is your the Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic?
I leave mine out on the back porch at night so it will get some
recharging sunlight if I sleep in, also gets a more reliable signal.

it's a casio waveceptor...works fine....generally...had it about 7
years...