Old April 11th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Should Imus be Fired ?

Online Poll in link below . .

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2875

Old April 11th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...

Online Poll in link below . .

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2875

I don't care for the likes of Don Imus (or Howard Stern, Bill O'Reilly, Sean
Hannity, ad inf.), but I stand by their right to freedom of speech, even
speech that makes them sound like bigots, right (or left) wing moonbats or
just plain idiots. People should grow a skin, and not let stupid comments
get the better of them. If we restrict the rights of those we do not like,
it leaves an opening for others to do the same to us.

Old April 11th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

Online Poll in link below . .

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2875

I don't care for the likes of Don Imus (or Howard Stern, Bill O'Reilly,
Sean Hannity, ad inf.), but I stand by their right to freedom of speech,
even speech that makes them sound like bigots, right (or left) wing
moonbats or just plain idiots. People should grow a skin, and not let
stupid comments get the better of them. If we restrict the rights of
those we do not like, it leaves an opening for others to do the same to
us.

What he said is funny as hell BUT, he's a fool! I don't listen to any of
what I choose to call nuts and that is why America is the land of the free.

People should live here for a year or so then they will no what BS is!

Burr

Old April 11th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I say Don Imus should not be fired.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Vote at espn? Not ME! I HATE espn!
WPBQ AM radio station here in Jackson used to be a very good radio talk
show.Then espn came along throwing money at WPBQ and WPBQ turned into a
no d..n good full time sports radio talk show.As if Jackson needs
another no d..n good sports radio talk show,there is and already was at
least two other no d..n good sports radio talk shows in Jackson.

HUMP! the ONLY Sports that are Real Sports are dare devil jalopy dirt
track racing and horse racing and greyhound dog racing and rodeos,,,,
all other so-called ''sports'' SUCK!

Get a decent site to vote whether Don Imus should be fired or not and I
might vote there.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

download.com wrote:

People should live here for a year or so then they will no what BS is!

knowt likely

mike
Old April 11th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Killings Continue In The Philippines.
www.oreaddaily.blogspot.com

Network movie will be on tv Friday at 11:00 PM,Mississippi Coon Ass Time
Zone.
I want you all to get up out of your chair and go to the window and
yell,,,,
I AM MAD AS H.LL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!
cuhulin

Old April 11th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well sure,his ratings are up.Everytime somebody screws up (except
politicians,bush in particular,his so-called ''job rating'' is still
hanging at about Thirty Eight Percent and the real Republicans in
d.c.District of Criminals are wondering about cheney too) their ratings
goes up.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 10, 9:31 pm, wrote:
Online Poll in link below . .

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2875

It's not if he will be fired but when. Don Bigmouth Imus is seeing
advertisers pull their business from his show. He is now on 2 week
leave from the show which will hopefully be extended in perpetuity.

Don is apparently going to meet with the players for them to present
their side of the story. No press allowed inside, but I'm sure the
gory details willl be leaked from both sides.

Imus made an intemperate remark about a very sensitive group and will
suffer much as that former writer for that hunting magazine did. I
forget his name, but the guy was a long established really classy
writer who stated the obvious about assault rifles. They were bad for
the image of the real hunter. The trained dogs from the NRA proceeded
to do their work and the magazine could see advertisers pulling back
so they axed him.

I do feel sorry for the hunting writer. I wonder if an exit like this
will make Imus an attractive commodity for satellite radio.