Old May 2nd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) English to become official language of EU

Alberto Gonzales will be in Jackson tomorrow,discussing campus
violence.According to WAPT 10:00 PM tv news.No doubt,he will say
something about the Pearl School shooting that happened a few years ago
in Pearl,Mississippi.City of Pearl is about six or seven miles (East
across the Pearl River) East of doggy's couch.

Then the talking heads will start bashing Mississippi and saying how bad
Mississippi is.Will Alberto Gonzales go to Pennsylvania and Colorado and
Wisconsin and Canada and Russia and Michigan and those other States and
places where School and College shootings and bombing happened? I Doubt
it!
cuhulin

Old May 2nd 07, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 1, 9:43 pm, Cato wrote:
From Cato, just a dumbass Canuck, (according to some people)

A small group in Michigan U.S.A. called M.A.C.V. (Michigan
Association of Concerned Veterans), felt that their Canadian brothers
and sisters, who gave their lives for the lives of others deserved to
be recognized and accounted for, at home in Canada. This small group
of Veterans proceeded to make this dream a reality, They fought
through the many hardships that comes with caring, they designed,
built, and donated the memorial to be placed on Canadian soil, making
this Memorial very special to the families of those who gave their
lives for the freedom of others.

HUMAN FACTOR

More important than the money and supplies, however, is the human
factor. From the time the United States officially entered the Vietnam
war in 1959, at least 40,000 Canadians enlisted with the U.S. armed
forces.

In order to enlist Canadians had to give a U.S. city or town as their
place of residence. After the war this created a major problem as
there were no records of Canadians who had served in Vietnam. Through
extensive research some, but not all, volunteers were identified.

Because of this the number of Candians who volunteered is believed to
have been closer to 80,000.

The Canadian government considered Vietnam to be a "friendly state".
Under the Foreign Enlistment Act it was illegal for Canadian nationals
to accept any commission or engagement in the armed forces of any
foreign state at war with any friendly state. Most Canadians who
enlisted were not aware that they were, in fact, breaking Canadian
law.

WHY VOLUNTEER

Why did Canadians volunteer to go to Vietnam and fight in a war not
sanctioned by their country?

For John G. Radcliffe, it was "the right thing to do." The idealistic
young man from Winnipeg, Manitoba enlisted in January 1969 at the age
of 21.

Prior to enlisting Radcliffe dropped out of university where he had
been studying mathematics and physics. After spending almost a year in
England he returned to Canada with the plan to enlist in the U.S.
military. He wanted to join the Special Forces because "if you are
putting your life on the line, you want to be with the best."

"I felt it was time for people such as myself to stand up and be
counted.," said Radcliffe. "Being born after the end of WW II, I grew
up in the midst of confrontation after confrontation, between the west
and the communists. It started with Korea, of course, but I do not
remember anything about that war except, perhaps, the things that were
picked up after the fact, either on TV or comic books. I remember my
parents stockpiling canned goods as advised by the Canadian government
in anticipation of possible nuclear war. I also participated in air
raid drills at school."

After enlisting at a recruitment centre in Fargo, North Dakota,
Radcliffe was deployed to Vietnam in August 1969. Instead of Special
Forces, he ended up as a U.S. army-combat Still Photographer, assigned
to the 221st Signal Company, 40th Signal Battalion. He was initially
based in Long Binh, III Corps, and subsequently went to Phu Bai and
then Da Nang in I Corps.

During 14 months in Vietnam Radcliffe's belief that this was the right
thing to do never waivered.

"We were still fighting against an authoritarian regime which was
attempting to impose its will on a group of people who were not and
did not want to be communist."

COMING HOME

After serving their tours of duty Canadian Vietnam veterans were all
but ignored by their country. Not considered war veterans by their
government, they were forced to seek medical treatments in the United
States for any illnesses relating to their time in Vietnam. Many vets
disabled in the war did not realize they were eligible for benefits.
Only through dogged determination by veterans on behalf of their
fellow vets were those who needed aid able to receive it. Some never
did receive help and have been forced to deal with their issues
completely alone.

When Radcliffe returned home he "found it difficult to sleep for about
five years without bolting upright at the slightest sound." He did
not seek professional help for this because "no one had heard of Post
Traumatic Stress Disorder then."

No official recognition has ever been paid to Canadians who
volunteered to fight in Vietnam. Canada's Department of Veteran's
Affairs would not even accept deceased Canadian Vietnam veteran's
because they fought for the U.S. military in Vietnam. The government's
position: Vietnam was not a war.

There is no official war memorial commemorating Canadians who
sacrificed their lives in Vietnam. Former Public Works Minister David
Dingwall was once quoted in a letter stating: "No federal site will
be provided for such a monument because the Vietnam conflict was not a
Canadian war."

Radcliffe views Dingwall's response as "typical of politicians --
hypocritical. They pretend to not know that Canadians did volunteer to
go to Vietnam, and they conveniently forget that Canada quietly
provided logistical support for the war effort under NORAD."

A war memorial was erected by a small group of Michigan veterans to
recognize those Canadians who served in Vietnam. Dubbed the North
Wall, it sits in Assumption Park in Windsor, Ontario overlooking the
Detroit River. On the wall are 103 names of known Canadians who died
in Vietnam, as well as the names of seven people listed as missing in
action.

On the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington 104 Canadians are among the
58,206 names inscribed on the wall.

That Canada has countrymen who volunteered to go to Vietnam often
comes as a surprise to the majority of Canadians. This is due, in
part, to the fact that most Canadian Vietnam veterans are very
reluctant to talk about their experiences. All but ignored by their
government, and treated with indifference by the media, they believe
that no one really wants to know or understand why they volunteered
their services to this cause.

Their experiences are part of Canadian history and deserve to be
recognized. These Canadians believed in freedom and saw in South
Vietnam the need to protect that freedom from the threat of communism.
Yet their commitment, bravery and sacrifice has been ignored.

Today Radcliffe, who holds a B.A. (Honours) First Class from the
University of Manitoba, an M.A. from Queen's University (Kingston),
and a Ph.D. from the University of Edinburg (Scotland), is a lecturer
at the University of Toronto. He still believes he was right in going
to Vietnam.

"I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of doing. I still
believe it was the right thing to do and have seen nothing since then
to confirm that I am wrong."
-- L.D. Pritchard © 2006

Cato

Cato,

Thank You - For this insight into an aspect of the Vietnam
War that I did not know concerning Canadians who served
in Vietnam. America and Americans OWE Every Veteran
would Served our Nation a Great Debt of Graditude for
Protecting Our Freedoms both in Peace and War.

God {Allah} Bless Each and Every One of Our Veterans - Amen. ~ RHF
.
.
.. .

Old May 2nd 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 1, 11:00 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Apr 29, 2:14 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

"dalaph" anon@anonn wrote in ...

"m II" wrote in
messagenews:xe4Zh.12424$JF6.54@edtnps90...
Not Roger wrote:

Islam is NOT a religion of peace. It is a religion of violence,
vengeance,
and wanton slaughter.

So, they're as bad as the zionist Christians? They can't be. The body
count production is vastly in favour of the followers of the 'Prince of
Peace'.

mike

All I need to know about Islam, I learned on Sept 11th, 2001.
And when Christians start televising beheadings on the internet, then
you
can cast stones.

- Torquemada did not have a TV station....

DE - So you Equate the Actions of Christians 6-Centuries
Ago as Justification for the Acts of Islam-O-Facist Today.

No, I am refuting the post that tries to make it seem that other religions
are blameless for the same sort of thing. The Holocaust also comes to
mind...- Hide quoted text -

DE - So the NAZI were a Religious Group . . . ~ RHF
Old May 2nd 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 1, 7:45 pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
OK give me a modern {current} citiation were Christians
have been systematically Killing and Attacking Muslims
on a Weekly basis for 5, 10, 15 or 20 Years . . .
waiting , , ,
Waiting . . .
WAITING ! ! !

Six years ago, in the heart of Europe, about 8,000 men and boys were
murdered in a small place over a period of 10 days. They had been
captured by the Bosnian Serb army as they were trying to escape from the
enclave of Srebrenica on the border between Serbia and Bosnia.

The enclave, which had been declared a "safe area" under United Nations
protection in April 1993, was taken by the Serbs on July 11th 1995.

At first the killings were sporadic, with men, women and children being
beaten, stoned and stabbed to death. Soon, the massacre became systematic.

The men and boys aged 13 and upwards were separated from the women.

Near the village of Meces, 150 Bosnian Muslim men were forced to dig
their own graves and then executed. By the next day, the army had
brought in excavators to dig the graves, making the process more efficient.

http://tinyurl.com/2cky63
Bosnian Serb authorities admitted for the first time that Serb forces
slaughtered more than 7,000 Muslims in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre,
Europe's worst atrocity since World War II. "I am confirming that the
number (of victims) is higher than 7,000.

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/articl...h_clinton.html
Nigeria: 'christians' kill 600+ 'muslims' in revenge bloodbath

http://tinyurl.com/267sej
It is very clear that Nato intervened to Yugoslavia not to protect
innocent people from being slaughtered by the Serbian Army. But to stop
Bosnians and Kosovar Albanians getting help from other Muslim nations
such as Saudi Arabia, Iran and others. So why did the West stayed silent
for years and more than 300,000 mainly "Muslim Bosnians" died needlessly.

http://www.ejil.org/forum/messages/712.html

In Darfur, militant Islamic militias are killing Nubian Christians and
in Nigeria, Christians are killing Moslems, and not long ago, Moslems
were killing Christians. It is true, by the way, that the Serbian
Christians were killing Moslems a decade ago, but two wrongs don't make
a right.

http://www.voicesforafrica.homestead.com/index.html

Christians kill Muslims following warning by Nigerian Archbishop

http://tinyurl.com/2moemo

Indonesia executes 3 Christians for killing Muslims

http://snipurl.com/1j0x5

Nigerian Christians have gone on an anti-Muslim killing spree,

http://tinyurl.com/37pkun

Christian rioters killed at least one Muslim and torched mosques in the
southern Nigerian city of Onitsha on Tuesday in retaliation for
anti-Christian violence that killed dozens in the north, witnesses said.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/425822/663951

Mike - IT IS ALL DEPLORABLE IN MY EYES [.] ~ RHF

However most of what you have cited were in War Zones
where the Waring Parties were in-part defined by there
Religious Afilliation -besides- Tribe, Ethnicity and Race.
Old May 2nd 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
..

No, I am refuting the post that tries to make it seem that other
religions
are blameless for the same sort of thing. The Holocaust also comes to
mind...- Hide quoted text -

DE - So the NAZI were a Religious Group . . . ~ RHF

No, they were a totally Christian political group who had an agenda of
religious persecution based on the feeling that they were superior to the
members of that group.

Old May 2nd 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 2, 6:36 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...
.

No, I am refuting the post that tries to make it seem that other
religions
are blameless for the same sort of thing. The Holocaust also comes to
mind...- Hide quoted text -

DE - So the NAZI were a Religious Group . . . ~ RHF

No, they were a totally Christian political group who had an agenda of
religious persecution based on the feeling that they were superior to the
members of that group.

DE - So the NAZI's "were a totally Christian political group"

I believe that there are many Christians and Christian Groups
would would beg-to-differ-with-you that the NAZI's were a
'christian group'. ~ RHF
Old May 2nd 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message
DE - So the NAZI were a Religious Group . . . ~ RHF

No, they were a totally Christian political group who had an agenda of
religious persecution based on the feeling that they were superior to the
members of that group.

I don't understand this, isn't there an illegal immigrant rally
some where DE should be attending? or do i have this wrong?

Drifter...

Old May 2nd 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Guadalahara,(spelling) Mexico has a big enclave of Americans (probally
some Canadians too) who live there,I have read about it before.I have
been to Kentucky a few times before.Two months ammo school at Fort
Knox,Kentucky in 1963.

Back around 1973 or 1974,a buddy of mine went to Bloomington,Indiana
with me,to check out a Ford Model T car I was interested in buying.At
the time,I owned a 1962 Ford Falcon car.It was night time somewhere in
Kentucky,my car's engine stopped running just as though I had turned to
key to off.Up with the hood,we discovered the air filter was all clogged
up.I sailed that old air filter way off into the woods.It looked just
like one of Art Bell's and George Noory's little space alien space
ships.Then my car was running like a champ.
cuhulin

Old May 2nd 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

JDL Assaults Renowned Canadian Free Speech Hero.

Middle isle at, www.rense.com
cuhulin

Old May 2nd 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 2, 6:36 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...
.

No, I am refuting the post that tries to make it seem that other
religions
are blameless for the same sort of thing. The Holocaust also comes to
mind...- Hide quoted text -

DE - So the NAZI were a Religious Group . . . ~ RHF

No, they were a totally Christian political group who had an agenda of
religious persecution based on the feeling that they were superior to the
members of that group.

DE - So the NAZI's "were a totally Christian political group"

I believe that there are many Christians and Christian Groups
would would beg-to-differ-with-you that the NAZI's were a
'christian group'. ~ RHF

They didn't admit Jews, did they?