Old September 8th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Only on eBay a "Stereo" Kenwood R-5000 Receiver

On Sep 2, 12:45 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270159086992

DX Ace # 1

Nice lookingKenwoodR-5000Receiver with the
hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270159086992

But currently there is anotherKenwoodR-5000Receiver
also with the hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter
on eBay at this time too . . .

Plus there are two moreKenwoodR-5000Receivers
listed on eBay at this time also.

FWIW - I Posted your eBay Auction and the rest to
theKenwoodR-5000Receiver Group on YAHOO !http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwood-r5000/

~ RHF
.
.
. .

-FYI- The nice looking Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
with the Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter instaled

- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270161485883
HAS BEEN RE-LISTED with a lower BIN Price ~ RHF

PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
for Entertainment and Informational Purposes Only.
Old September 10th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Re-Listed : FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

On Sep 9, 11:30 pm, RHF wrote:
On Sep 4, 5:08 pm, RHF wrote:

On Sep 4, 6:02 am, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 4, 8:15 am, RHF wrote:

On Sep 4, 5:02 am, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270159086992

DX Ace # 1

Nice lookingKenwoodR-5000Receiver with the
hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270159086992

But currently there is anotherKenwoodR-5000Receiver
also with the hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter
on eBay at this time too . . .

Plus there are two moreKenwoodR-5000Receivers
listed on eBay at this time also.

FWIW - I Posted your eBay Auction and the rest to
theKenwoodR-5000Receiver Group on YAHOO !http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwood-r5000/

~ RHF
.
.
. .

-FYI- The nice looking Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
with the Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter instaledhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270161485883
HAS BEEN RE-LISTED with a lower BIN Price ~ RHF

The new BIN price, which is probably also the reserve price is still
too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.- Hide quoted text -

Roadie,

Seller states "the reserve on this had to be set
at what I consider to be a more than reasonable
level ABOVE $600."

Open Bid $400 Reserve Price $600+ BIN $800

The math is more likely: Open bid = $400 BIN Price $800 = Reserve
price

If his new reserve price is $800 that would certainly be ABOVE $600

But the point is still that a Kenwood R5000 with an extremely limited
coverage VHF adaptor is not worth much more than the price of the
receiver with the optional AM wide filter installed.

~ RHF

Roadie,

Please Don't Read Into Something that is NOT THERE !

Seller states "the reserve on this had to be set
at what I consider to be a more than reasonable
level ABOVE $600."

Open Bid $400 Reserve Price $600+ BIN $800

$800 Buy-It-Now Price
$400 Opening Bib
--------------------------------
$200 Difference
1/3 of the Difference
--------------------------------
$67
$600
---------------------------------
$667 Reserve Price

"reasonable level ABOVE $600." :
Means over $600 but less than $700

Around $600 means close to $600 : $575~$625

Mid-$600s means Around $650 : $630~$670

High $600s means close to $700 : $675~$699

$800 BIN Means $800

~ RHF
.

~ RHF

Roadie,

FYI - The Winning Bid was $629 by W4EKU - Who
also had one higher bId that did not get exceeded.

Interestingly enough the prior Auction Listing for
this Kenwood R-5000 Receiver closed at $610
with NO Sale.

It closed at no sale because of the reserve. I'm truly puzzled at the
attention given the VHF converter. Not that it isn't a good quality
unit, but that the coverage is so incredibly limited.

Equally odd is pricing for the so-called Stereo Kenwood receiver.

As a long-time R5000 owner I'm glad to see these prices.

EKU-28 a German Beer that has about 11% Alcohol
and tastes very good to boot - Bottoms-Up ! Ah . . .http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/6222.jpg
An Eisbock brewed by Kulmbacher Brauerei
(Schörghuber) Kulmbach, Germany [DE]

Had some tasty beer from Dogfish Head brewery this weekend too. The
IPA 90 and Raison d' Etre are a good way to wind up a summer season.

~ RHF- Hide quoted text -

FS Kenwood R-5000 Michael Lawson Shortwave 0 May 3rd 06 04:17 AM
FS Kenwood R-5000 m II Shortwave 1 May 2nd 06 10:56 PM
Kenwood R-5000 [email protected] Equipment 1 July 5th 05 12:22 PM
Kenwood R-5000 GeorgeF Shortwave 21 October 15th 04 11:49 AM
Kenwood R-5000 $230 grumpus Shortwave 8 October 28th 03 01:06 PM