Old October 2nd 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HOW MANY people listen to Distant (100 mile) AM at night?

On Oct 1, 11:20 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Brenda Ann wrote:

[National AM] is where you sell national products. People buy Coke,
Pepsi, STP, Quaker State (and Quaker Oats) everywhere. Most
nighttime radio has long been such spots (as has network radio).

Advertisers are not interested in anybody older than 35.

Actually, 35-to-54 is a key if not total part of most campaigns. Nearly all
ad agency business is bought against 18-54 or some subset,

- like Assimilated Hispanic Women between 25 and 44.

d'Eduardo - "Assimilated Hispanic Women"
Have the BORG been 'assimilating' Hispanic Women
and making them part of the All-America 'Collective' ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assimilation_(Star_Trek)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg_%2...onal_aliens%29

we are 'iboc' - resistance-is-futile ~ RHF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_is_futile
we control the analog and the digital 'hd' radio signal
- our digital noise artifacts are everywhere . . .
Old October 2nd 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 1, 11:20 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Brenda Ann wrote:

[National AM] is where you sell national products. People buy Coke,
Pepsi, STP, Quaker State (and Quaker Oats) everywhere. Most
nighttime radio has long been such spots (as has network radio).

Advertisers are not interested in anybody older than 35.

Actually, 35-to-54 is a key if not total part of most campaigns. Nearly
all
ad agency business is bought against 18-54 or some subset,

- like Assimilated Hispanic Women between 25 and 44.

d'Eduardo - "Assimilated Hispanic Women"
Have the BORG been 'assimilating' Hispanic Women

No, this one is a Klingon plot. But still, resistance is futile.

(Interestingly, my spell checker suggested "Clinton" for "Klingon.")

Old October 2nd 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SFTV_troy wrote:

How many AM DX'ers are there?
How many nighttime AM listeners are there?

Does anyone know the official numbers? Has the FCC tracked it? I'm
looking for a reliable source.

well,
I know I do more than occassionally.
I particularly like the "CBS Radio Mystery Theater" on one of the mid west
stations (and here I am in Arizona)

Old October 2nd 07, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 1, 11:20 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Brenda Ann wrote:

[National AM] is where you sell national products. People buy Coke,
Pepsi, STP, Quaker State (and Quaker Oats) everywhere. Most
nighttime radio has long been such spots (as has network radio).

Advertisers are not interested in anybody older than 35.

Actually, 35-to-54 is a key if not total part of most campaigns. Nearly
all
ad agency business is bought against 18-54 or some subset,

- like Assimilated Hispanic Women between 25 and 44.

d'Eduardo - "Assimilated Hispanic Women"
Have the BORG been 'assimilating' Hispanic Women

No, this one is a Klingon plot. But still, resistance is futile.

(Interestingly, my spell checker suggested "Clinton" for "Klingon.")

My spell checker suggests "Dingleberry" for "Eduardo".

Old October 2nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 4:02 am, dxAce
SFTV_troy wrote:
On Oct 2, 3:12 am, dxAce
David Eduardo wrote:

(my spell checker suggested "Clinton" for "Klingon.")

My spell checker suggests "Dingleberry" for "Eduardo".

My spell checker recommends "Ass" for "dxAce".

My spell checker suggested "Tard Boy" for "Troy".

Sorry. Fail. "Tard" is nowhere as bad as my spell-checker calling
you "Ass".

Old October 2nd 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SFTV_troy wrote:

On Oct 2, 4:02 am, dxAce
SFTV_troy wrote:
On Oct 2, 3:12 am, dxAce
David Eduardo wrote:

(my spell checker suggested "Clinton" for "Klingon.")

My spell checker suggests "Dingleberry" for "Eduardo".

My spell checker recommends "Ass" for "dxAce".

My spell checker suggested "Tard Boy" for "Troy".

Sorry. Fail. "Tard" is nowhere as bad as my spell-checker calling
you "Ass".

Sez you.

Old October 2nd 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:03:22 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

The number of nighttime listeners is principally their
local audience and the counts are likely available
from Arbitron or the radio station in question.

arbitron only list 6am to midnight. There's no breakdown available
for nighttime hours, at least none that I can see.

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a Midnight to 6
AM
ranker or table. In fact, many stations in large metros with lots of shift
workers consider the prime morning drive time to begin at 5 AM, and they
do
a 5 AM to 10 AM drive time table for sales.

Shift workers? What are shift workers?

Shift workers are those working in factories or businesses where there are
multiple shifts. One shift goes off as another comes on. In industrial
processes, shifts in LA at least tend to be 6-2, 2-10 and 10 to 6.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:24:37 -0700, Roadie wrote:

Operating in the public interest is fine, but targeting an audience
hundreds of miles away that an advertiser would have little hope of
selling his product to makes no business sense at all. And radio
stations are businesses that attempt to be profitable.

They are public trustees using a part of the commons and in return
must operate in the public interest. If they make money, fine, but
they have a higher obligation to serve the people who grant them a
license.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I was listening to Paul Gallo's Radio talk show this morning.
www.supertalkms.com A little part of Paul's radio show, Keith A. Baca
was on there talking about his new book, Native American Place Names in
Mississsippi.(I have to have that book, that's all there is to it, I
have to have it) www.devilfinder.com Native American Place
Names in Mississippi

www.upress.state.ms.us/books/880

If I had been listening (DXing) to a radio station hundreds of miles
away, would I have heard about that book? (and Hog
Corn,Mississippi.Indians used to let their hogs out so they could go eat
Beechnuts, they called the place Hog Corn) Metinks not.Ridgewood Road is
only about six or seven miles from doggy's couch.I might drive over
there today.
cuhulin