Old October 3rd 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HOW MANY people listen to Distant (100 mile) AM at night?

On Oct 2, 6:05 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a
Midnight to 6 AM ranker or table.

If you have that information, please share. How many AM
listeners are there during the 8 to midnight hours?

Where? To what station? In what market? AQH listeners,
cume listeners, MSA listeners, DMA listeners?

I don't really care. Just pick some random market, 8 pm to midnight,
and AQH Share. I just want a rough estimate of how many spend their
evenings listening to AM.

Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

All evening? Literally from 6:00pm to midnight, without interruption?
My guess is that very few people do this.

Old October 3rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SFTV_troy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a
Midnight to 6 AM ranker or table.

If you have that information, please share. How many AM
listeners are there during the 8 to midnight hours?

Where? To what station? In what market? AQH listeners,
cume listeners, MSA listeners, DMA listeners?

I don't really care. Just pick some random market, 8 pm to midnight,
and AQH Share. I just want a rough estimate of how many spend their
evenings listening to AM.

The standard daypart is 7 to Midnight.

Using the 6th largest city, Houston, as an example, between 7 PM and
midnight, the share of radio listeners using AM at night is 7.9% of all
radio users. As a percentage of all persons, whether using radio or not, it
is 0.6%. In 18-34 year olds, the share is 4.3% of radio listening and 0.4%
of all persons in that age group, whether listening or not.

Old October 3rd 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How many people under 50-80 years old listen to AM, probably close to zero.
Most likely people under 30 don't even know the AM band exists..

Old October 3rd 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"SFTV_troy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Don't you ever tire of the BS, Edweenie?

Old October 3rd 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Houston (Houston,Texas) is the fourth largest City in
America.Houston,Mississippi, I have never been there before.I have been
to Houston,Texas before.I had to get the hell off of that fast traffic
expressway, Fast!, I dodged off into an old shopping mall area. They
drive like there is no tomorrow in Houston,Texas.They will run over you
if you don't look out!
cuhulin

Old October 3rd 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default d'Eduardo - The Fallacy Of All Your Corporate Media Numbers

On Oct 2, 4:18 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"SFTV_troy" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

-
- The standard daypart is 7 to Midnight.
-
- Using the 6th largest city, Houston, as an example, between
- 7 PM and midnight, the share of radio listeners using AM at
- night is 7.9% of all radio users. As a percentage of all persons,
- whether using radio or not, it is 0.6%. In 18-34 year olds, the
- share is 4.3% of radio listening and 0.4% of all persons in that
- age group, whether listening or not.

d'Eduardo, {Houstan Ain't Texas - It Is That Simple}

The Fallacy of all your Corporate Media Numbers is that you
Report about Numbers within the Metro-Area : While IMHO
most of the Late Night Radio Listeners Live Outside the
Metro-Area well beyond the 10 mv/m Contour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Face It - You Have No Number That Is Valid and Meaningful
For This Newsgroup Of Avid Radio Listeners.

A Nation-Wide {Federally Funded} Study of All Rural Radio
Listeners is Required to Assess Their Unque {Distance}
Radio Listening Habits And Their Radio Information and
Entertainment Service Needs. - Conducted Jointly by the
FCC and Department of of Commerce.
{ It Ought To Be A Law }

I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light ! ~ RHF
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-
Old October 3rd 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
-
- Using the 6th largest city, Houston, as an example, between
- 7 PM and midnight, the share of radio listeners using AM at
- night is 7.9% of all radio users. As a percentage of all persons,
- whether using radio or not, it is 0.6%. In 18-34 year olds, the
- share is 4.3% of radio listening and 0.4% of all persons in that
- age group, whether listening or not.

d'Eduardo, {Houstan Ain't Texas - It Is That Simple}

The Fallacy of all your Corporate Media Numbers is that you
Report about Numbers within the Metro-Area : While IMHO
most of the Late Night Radio Listeners Live Outside the
Metro-Area well beyond the 10 mv/m Contour.

The Houston metro consists of fully 8 counties, and the figures don't vary
for the more outlying counties... they acutally go down because Houston does
not have any really good signal AMs at night.

I looked at the Casper WY market... AM listening 17%... only 12 stations in
the market, and not much more AM listening than LA, with 17% also.

The highly rural McAllen Brownsville market has 8.2% AM listening. Traverse
City / NW Michigan has 11%. Beckley, WV 9.1%. Palm Springs, CA, 7.8%. Victor
Valley, CA 6.2%.

Get the picture?

A Nation-Wide {Federally Funded} Study of All Rural Radio
Listeners is Required to Assess Their Unque {Distance}
Radio Listening Habits And Their Radio Information and
Entertainment Service Needs. - Conducted Jointly by the
FCC and Department of of Commerce.
{ It Ought To Be A Law }

Arbitron does every county of the US once a year, and AM listening in
non-regularly-rated counties is lower than in metros.

Old October 3rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 7:18 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"SFTV_troy" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

of all persons in that age group, whether listening or not.- Hide quoted text -

Is this what you learned in graduate school? Where did you go...was it
Stanford? Berkeley?

Old October 3rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 8:33 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

oups.com...

-
[...]

Is Arbitron a degree-granting institution? What degree did you earn
from them?

Old October 3rd 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 1:54?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 1, 11:20 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

Brenda Ann wrote:

[National AM] is where you sell national products. People buy Coke,
Pepsi, STP, Quaker State (and Quaker Oats) everywhere. Most
nighttime radio has long been such spots (as has network radio).

Advertisers are not interested in anybody older than 35.

Actually, 35-to-54 is a key if not total part of most campaigns. Nearly
all
ad agency business is bought against 18-54 or some subset,

- like Assimilated Hispanic Women between 25 and 44.

d'Eduardo - "Assimilated Hispanic Women"
Have the BORG been 'assimilating' Hispanic Women

No, this one is a Klingon plot. But still, resistance is futile.

(Interestingly, my spell checker suggested "Clinton" for "Klingon.")- Hide quoted text -

"News/Talk/Sports:Radio's Last Bastion"

"Music FMs of any flavor are utterly screwed... Right now -- while FMs
are losing the music audience to new media -- satellite radio is
offering more News/Talk/Sports programming than we can fit on AM
radio..."

http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/daily/IS031005.htm