Old December 17th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default short wave radio

Hi

I need help to be able to receive shortwave radio.

I have a BCL 2000 and do not get good reception from Auckland NZ

My major interest is receiving a clear signal from Radio Australia
Old December 17th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default A Short Wave Radio plus a Dipole Antenna can get you The World !

On Dec 16, 11:14 pm, wrote:
-
- Hi
-
- I need help to be able to receive shortwave radio.
-
- I have a BCL 2000 and do not get good reception from Auckland NZ
-
- My major interest is receiving a clear signal from Radio Australia

Glen McP,

A Short Wave Radio plus a Dipole Antenna can get you The World !

Make your own simple Dipole Antenna from Twin Speaker Wire.

Buy a 50-Foot piece of Speaker Wire Stranded # 18~20 AWG.

Strip 1/2" of Insulation from the Two Wires at one end of
the Speaker Wire and Tin {Solder} them. This is now your
Radio-End of the Speaker Wire.

Measure-off 25-feet from the Radio-End of the Speaker Wire
and Tie an Overhand Knot in the Speaker Wire. This is now
your Center Mounting Point for the dipole Antenna.

Starting at the 'other' End of the Speaker Wire and Split
the Two (2) Wires apart down to the Overhand Knot.

-Note- This will give you a Dipole Antenna that is about
50-Feet Tip-to-Tip with Two 25-Feet Arms.

Tie a small 1" Bowline Knot at the End of each of the
Individual {Single} Speaker Wires for Rigging. These
are your Dipole Antenna End-Wires.

Rig the Dipole Antenna with some #18 (1/16") Nylon Braided
Mason Cord "Chalk Line" comes in ~ 250 Feet Spools.

-Note- You have 25 Feet of Twin Speaker Wires as a
feed-in-line from the Dipole Antenna to your Radio.

Position the Dipole so that the Center and Ends are in a
Straight-Horizontal-Line and perpendicular to Australia.

-Tip- Can be Rigged under the Eaves of your House
-if- the House is facing the right direction.

End

Center - - - - - Australia

End

Rig the Dipole Antenna's Center about 18~27 Feet above
the ground; and the Ends 12~18 Feet above the ground.

Connect the Two Radio-End Wires to the External Antenna
Red & Black Teminals of the Tecsun BCL-2000 Radio.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
Old December 17th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You could try contacting this ebay seller for possible help.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/CygnusX3...M_products.htm

He is in your neighborhood so you might get a deal on shipping. I got an AM
loop antenna from him that I use with my BCL3000 radio and I'm very happy
with it.

Old December 17th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

While a better antenna system would certainly improve overall reception
in New Zealand, especially from Europe, I got the impression he doesn't
know what frequencies to use for Radio Australia. That's why I provided
their schedule. The whip antenna on the BCL-2000 should be adequate for
hearing RA, which is practically in his backyard when it comes to
shortwave reception.

Old December 18th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message

Distance from Auckland, New Zealand to Shepparton and
Brandon in Australia is around 1500 to 2000 Miles.
http://www.tdp.info/aus.html

The 'B07' Broadcast Schedule for Radio Australia (RA)
[ The ABC Shortwave Radio ] -source- BCL News .It
http://www.bclnews.it/b07schedules/australia.htm
5995 kHz, 6020 kHz, 6080 kHz, 7240 kHz, 9475 kHz,
9500 kHz, 9560 kHz, 9580 kHz, 9590 kHz, 9630 kHz,
9660 kHz, 9710 kHz, 11,650 kHz, 11,660 kHz,
11,695 kHz, 11,745 kHz, 11,760 kHz, 11,825 kHz,
11,840 kHz, 11,880 kHz, 12,080 kHz, 13,630 kHz,
13,690 kHz, 15,160 kHz, 151,80 kHz, 15,230 kHz,
15,240 kHz, 15,415 kHz, 15,515 kHz, 15,560 kHz,
17,715 kHz, 17,750 kHz, 17,775 kHz, 17,795 kHz,
and 21,725 kHz,

15,415 kHz between 22:00 and 07:00 UTC may be a
good Shortwave Radio Frequency to Monitor for
Radio Australia in New Zealand.

hope this helps ~ RHF
.

Could some of it be "hopping" over him Roy?

HoHoHo,

Merry Christmas

Island Burr

Old December 18th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Radio Australia (RA) - How To Listen In New Zealand

On Dec 17, 10:54 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

[...]

Trop-e-Cal Burr,

Yeah he might be in a 'Hop' over point at some time
during the Day but not on All Frequencies All Day Long.

Radio Australia (RA) - How To Listen In New Zealand
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/tuning/newzealand.htm

The basic Dipole Antenna 'aimed' at Australia and
Monitoring the Frequencies from Radio Australia (RA)
should eventually allow him to consistant hear the
Daily Broadcast from Radio Australia (RA) during some
part of the Day.

Radio Australia (RA) Broadcast Schedule "B07" for
the Pacific Area in Coordinated Universal Time
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pdf/pacific_ut.pdf

Radio Australia (RA) Shortwave Frequency Guide
to the Central and South Pacific Area
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pdf/frequency.pdf

~ RHF