Old January 5th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default shortwave radio attenas and radio shack

Then maybe YOU should listen more to the radio than typing on the internet.

Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 4, 1:14 pm, David wrote:
Radioguy wrote:

Regarding whether "Radio Was a Great Technology" I find the AM and FM
dial full of stations. DXing the AM dial for stations 1,000 miles
away is still a lot of fun.

Especially if you're a George Noory/Ian Punit [sic] fan.

Have no idea who those people are. The Canadian MW stations are a
nice catch.

Old January 5th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Can't you afford a laptop?

On 2008-01-04 10:12:04 -0500, Radioguy said:

On Jan 3, 10:54 pm, Scott Nelson
wrote:
No, I just know a dead horse when I see it.

Technology evolves. Radio was a great technology. WAS. 8-track ta

pes
were better than sliced bread back in the 60s and 70s. Time marches on.

I love listening to international broadcasters. I have a Wi-Fi system
setup and it streams to my stereo. The BBC never sounded so good. I
can easily record the shows digitally if I like and transfer them to an
Ipod or other MP3 player.

Look at the progress that's been made in the last 5 years with computer
technology. It won't be long and handheld wifi devices will be every
where and cars will be equipped with internet radios.

You can string out all the longwire you want. More power to you. The

only problem is that there won't be anything to listen to.

Now that is unusual. With a 30 inch whip antenna I was able to hear
lots of stations on shortwave last night. You need to do less writing
on the internet and more real listening.

Regarding whether "Radio Was a Great Technology" I find the AM and FM
dial full of stations. DXing the AM dial for stations 1,000 miles
away is still a lot of fun.

When his power goes out he'll go masturbate while we still listen....

Old January 5th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Scott Nelson wrote:

Are you in denial or what? Don't believe everything your mother tells
you. If you have listened to SW for any length of time you will notice
that stations are going off SW. If they haven't left yet, they have cut
their schedules down and probably will do so soon.

So, beat the rush and get the hell off of RRS, you f00kin retard.

Old January 5th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Great argument. I can tell you were on the debate team in school.

I think you have proven why brothers and sisters shouldn't have kids.

On 2008-01-05 00:08:51 -0500, Scott Nelson
said:

Are you in denial or what? Don't believe everything your mother tells
you. If you have listened to SW for any length of time you will
notice that stations are going off SW. If they haven't left yet, they
have cut their schedules down and probably will do so soon.

Look at the radio selections. Back in the eighties every one of the
major radio companies offered numerous models. Now what's available?
People are buying the old stuff because one, it worked great, and two,
the selection of new SW radios is dwindling.

Art Bell and the like have ruined AM for DX listening. I like Coast
to Coast and all that but it is on every other station on the dial.
It used to be fun to tune into those distant stations and listen to
their unique programming. That isn't the case anymore.

Ask your mom if you can get rid of the WebTV and get a real computer
with broadband access. Your shortwave radio will collect dust when
you hear how good it can really sound. BPL might be available in your
area or your trailer park may have wi-fi access. Maybe the wi-fi will
be free and that will leave you with more money for other cool ****.
Go ahead, ask your mom. I bet she'll do it.

Blah blah blah, I got chunks of guys like you in my stool. Have a seat,
you're clueless.

Phoon Hencman wrote:

Blah blah blah, "shortwave is dying". We've heard that for MANY
YEARS. Go sit down.

Old January 5th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Scott Nelson wrote:

Great argument. I can tell you were on the debate team in school.

I think you have proven why brothers and sisters shouldn't have kids.

As if your mother and father didn't prove it already!

Old January 5th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

14 g is pretty thick for a wire antenna. I use ca. 20 g.

Well, whatever works for you.

However, the 14 ga has much more mechanical strength than 20 ga and is
therefore more likely to survive whatever Mother Nature throws at
it--ice, snow, wind. Please appreciate the fact that the OP is in New
York state and may have more severe weather than you do in California
(this weekend's California storms excepted).

How lucky do you feel with that 20 gauge?
Old January 5th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Scott Nelson wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

David wrote:
Radioguy wrote:

Regarding whether "Radio Was a Great Technology" I find the AM and FM
dial full of stations. DXing the AM dial for stations 1,000 miles
away is still a lot of fun.

Especially if you're a George Noory/Ian Punit [sic] fan.

I find you pretty disagreeable.

I think most people would find you disagreeable.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 5th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Scott Nelson wrote:

Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 4, 1:14 pm, David wrote:
Radioguy wrote:

Regarding whether "Radio Was a Great Technology" I find the AM and FM
dial full of stations. DXing the AM dial for stations 1,000 miles
away is still a lot of fun.
Especially if you're a George Noory/Ian Punit [sic] fan.

Have no idea who those people are. The Canadian MW stations are a
nice catch.

Then maybe YOU should listen more to the radio than typing on the
internet.

Find a newsgroup that meets your interests bozo.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 5th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,

On 2008-01-04 10:12:04 -0500, Radioguy said:

On Jan 3, 10:54 pm, Scott Nelson
wrote:
[...]

What good is a laptop to you? You can't even figure out where to go to
meet people with your interests at heart.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 5th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Scott Nelson wrote:

Are you in denial or what?

Snip