Old January 19th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default My RF Systems Shortwave Antenna is Relisted on ebay

Hi guys--

For those of you interested, My RF Systems MLBA-MK4 is relisted on
ebay. The original buyer turned out to be Canadian contrary to the
auction rules-- we tried shipping but it got so screwed up with
customs and UPS that we cancelled the deal.

Great chance to save on one of the best antennas still manufactured
today: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=014

thanks good luck
Old January 19th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tom k in L.A. wrote:
Hi guys--

For those of you interested, My RF Systems MLBA-MK4 is relisted on
ebay. The original buyer turned out to be Canadian contrary to the
auction rules

Had that happen to me once-- I said "Ships to U.S. Only" for one
particular auction and high bidder was a Canadian, eh. Not sure if he
didn't understand the "U" or the "S" or the "Only". It pays to keep an
eye on your bidder's location, but you're sort of stuck if they snipe
and don't leave you enough time to bounce their bid.

-- we tried shipping but it got so screwed up with
customs and UPS that we cancelled the deal.

Interesting...and confirms what I've already discovered. Don't know why,
but I've had an easier time sending eBay stuff to Japan, Hong Kong,
Taiwan and South Korea than Canada. (Exception- Canada seems OK for
items small enough for U.S. Mail).
Old January 19th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 19, 2:51*pm, Billy Burpelson wrote:
tom k in L.A. wrote:

Hi guys--

For those of you interested, My RF Systems MLBA-MK4 is relisted on
ebay. *The original buyer turned out to be Canadian contrary to the
auction rules

Had that happen to me once-- I said "Ships to U.S. Only" for one
particular auction and high bidder was a Canadian, eh. Not sure if he
didn't understand the "U" or the "S" or the "Only". It pays to keep an
eye on your bidder's location, but you're sort of stuck if they snipe
and don't leave you enough time to bounce their bid.

-- we tried shipping but it got so screwed up with

customs and UPS that we cancelled the deal.

Interesting...and confirms what I've already discovered. Don't know why,
but I've had an easier time sending eBay stuff to Japan, Hong Kong,
Taiwan and South Korea than Canada. (Exception- Canada seems OK for
items small enough for U.S. Mail).

The Reverse is also True - Canadian Sellers on eBay face a problem
when Mailing/Shipping to the USA.

The High Cost of Postage to the USA from Canada drives the Total
Cost of the Items up so much that it in-fact Cheaper-to-Buy America
{from a US Seller on eBay from within the USA}.

The Smart Canadian Sellers near the Border : Drive Across the US /
Canadian Border and simple use the US Mail : To Save Cost & Time.

Payments To Canada {Except for PayPal} are another Real Issue.

~ RHF
Old January 20th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It's very easy to restrict bidders. It has nothing to do with any words in
the listing like "Ships to US only", etc. When you list the item, you
specify in a drop-down box where the item is available. Bidders with
addresses outside that area cannot place a bid.

I notice that this listing says Ships to: Worldwide, so there are no
restrictions on who can bid.

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
. net...

Old January 20th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

thanks i just fixed that guys!