Old April 15th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Posters/Radios

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:29:19 GMT, m II wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:50:36 -0700, RHF wrote:

- Burr - Man you are good. How did you find out ?

I can't live a lie any more...the pressure is just overwhelming. It is
with the greatest remorse that I now confess to never having owned a
radio. I was a fool to think I could keep up the charade for any length
of time.

In all fairness though, I did play with two tin cans with a string
between them, but I lost that in '83.

However, it all depends on what your definition of 'radio' is.

Burr, you've made me face reality.

mike (now curled up under the kitchen table in utter shame)

No radios? How about voices in your head - that ought to count for
something??
Old April 15th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:08:45 UTC, "MNMikew" wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
I don't think 10 of the usual posters to this group have a short-wave
radio!

This is based on the replies that are posted to short-wave related post.

Just my thoughts!

Burr

dx394, dx402, dx392, grundig yb300

Lafayette HE-10, S-38C, Super Radio III, RF-2200, DX-440
Old April 15th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here is my current lineup:

JRC NRD515 Gilfer Edition, loaded.
JRC NRD525 Kiwa Ultimate Rejection mod.
Kenwood TS-850SAT with 500hz CW filter.
Allied SX-190 Almost working 100%
Hammarlund HQ-100 Amazingly good.

A less than I used to have.

BDK
Old April 15th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 14, 8:16*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:29:19 GMT, m II wrote:
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:50:36 -0700, RHF wrote:

- Burr - Man you are good. How did you find out ?

I can't live a lie any more...the pressure is just overwhelming. It is
with the greatest remorse that I now confess to never having owned a
radio. I was a fool to think I could keep up the charade for any length
of time.

In all fairness though, I did play with two tin cans with a string
between them, but I lost that in '83.

However, it all depends on what your definition of 'radio' is.

Burr, you've made me face reality.

mike (now curled up under the kitchen table in utter shame)

- No radios?
-*How about voices in your head
- that ought to count for something??-

GH - IT DOES ! It Does. it does,

only if you can hear the echoes in your head ~ RHF
Old April 16th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Apr 15, 12:16*am, BDK wrote:
Here is my current lineup:

JRC NRD515 Gilfer Edition, loaded.
JRC NRD525 Kiwa Ultimate Rejection mod.
Kenwood TS-850SAT with 500hz CW filter.
Allied SX-190 Almost working 100%
Hammarlund HQ-100 Amazingly good.

A less than I used to have.

BDK

Have you used the NRD535D? If so I'd be interested in knowing how you
found it to stack up against its predecessors. I had once considered
getting the '535D but opted instead for the Drake R8B. Your Gilfer-
loaded NRD515 sounds nice. The '515 has achieved something of a
legendary status among radio enthusiasts.

I've noticed that Universal has had a number of JRC receivers on sale
used lately, including an NRD-515 w/NDH-518 memory unit.
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

This Month's Top Five RRS Posters RHF Shortwave 11 August 1st 06 09:16 PM
I blame the posters Not Lloyd Policy 1 May 11th 06 06:02 AM
How many rrs posters does it take?? Cindy-Lu Who Shortwave 5 November 30th 03 12:45 AM