Old April 14th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Posters/Radios

y'all ever seen a little doggy follow you to the bathroom before, and
then she back tracks to the living room and brings one of her rubber
squeaky doggy toys in the bathroom?
I have to watch some old silent movies on the TCM channel now.
cuhulin

Old April 14th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:31:25 -0700 (PDT), MojaveDxer
wrote:

I have a lonely Icom collecting noise pollution in RFI hell.

I know that feeling all too well! Don't know where you are in the
Mojave but I've taken my radios up past Jawbone Canyon and have still
found plenty of noise - better than the city (LA) but the noise was
still killer. I figured it was partially due to all radiating from
Edwards & China Lake.

As others have posted lists of their raido so shall I.

Icom R-75
Sony 7600G
RatShack DX-398
Grundig Mini-World 300

I lived up there in Ridgecrest and the answer is "Ground" deep and wet. If
you can soak it once a week do it.

I keep the runoff from my swamp cooler on my flowers and ground rod.

When I was out in my motor-home I had 5 gals that I used to wet roots on
little trees to get a good ground.

Burr

Old April 14th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I have a lonely Icom collecting noise pollution in RFI hell.

I know that feeling all too well! Don't know where you are in the
Mojave but I've taken my radios up past Jawbone Canyon and have still
found plenty of noise - better than the city (LA) but the noise was
still killer. I figured it was partially due to all radiating from
Edwards & China Lake.

As others have posted lists of their raido so shall I.

Icom R-75
Sony 7600G
RatShack DX-398
Grundig Mini-World 300

I lived up there in Ridgecrest and the answer is "Ground" deep and wet. If
you can soak it once a week do it.

I keep the runoff from my swamp cooler on my flowers and ground rod.

When I was out in my motor-home I had 5 gals that I used to wet roots on
little trees to get a good ground.

Another answer would be a counterpoise. In poor soil conditions you are
better off using radials.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 14th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message
I don't think 10 of the usual posters to this group have a short-wave
radio!

This is based on the replies that are posted to short-wave related post.

Just my thoughts!

Burr

dx394, dx402, dx392, grundig yb300

Old April 14th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That old song thingy,,,,,,,
Your dingaling,,,,, my dingaling,,,, you go play with your own
dingaling!
crabby daddy cuhulin

Old April 14th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Uhmmm... not me either.....

Kaito KA11... KA1101....KA1102.....Eton E5.... Eton
E100.....Grundig Mini300, Grundig Mini World 100 PE,
Sony ICF-7600D (ICF-2002), And the venerable Panasonic RF2200

I love them all..........

Cato
Old April 14th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Wow.... I have nine or ten radios and my wife thinks I'm nuts for
having that many.....

Just wait until I show here the number of radios some of you
guys have....maybe she will go a little easier on me....LOL

Cato.....
Old April 14th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Cato wrote:

Wow.... I have nine or ten radios and my wife thinks I'm nuts for
having that many.....

Just wait until I show here the number of radios some of you
guys have....maybe she will go a little easier on me....LOL

Cato.....

Tell her I have more than 300.

She should be very nice to you.

Old April 15th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:50:36 -0700, RHF wrote:

- Burr - Man you are good. How did you find out ?

I can't live a lie any more...the pressure is just overwhelming. It is
with the greatest remorse that I now confess to never having owned a
radio. I was a fool to think I could keep up the charade for any length
of time.

In all fairness though, I did play with two tin cans with a string
between them, but I lost that in '83.

However, it all depends on what your definition of 'radio' is.

Burr, you've made me face reality.

mike (now curled up under the kitchen table in utter shame)
Old April 15th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"m II" wrote in message news:jNRMj.116$n63.36@edtnps92...
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:50:36 -0700, RHF wrote:

- Burr - Man you are good. How did you find out ?

I can't live a lie any more...the pressure is just overwhelming. It is
with the greatest remorse that I now confess to never having owned a
radio. I was a fool to think I could keep up the charade for any length
of time.

In all fairness though, I did play with two tin cans with a string
between them, but I lost that in '83.

However, it all depends on what your definition of 'radio' is.

Burr, you've made me face reality.

mike (now curled up under the kitchen table in utter shame)

Sounds nice Mike, now tell us the truth

Remember, we love you, you can talk to us.

Burr

This Month's Top Five RRS Posters RHF Shortwave 11 August 1st 06 09:16 PM
I blame the posters Not Lloyd Policy 1 May 11th 06 06:02 AM
How many rrs posters does it take?? Cindy-Lu Who Shortwave 5 November 30th 03 12:45 AM